A MRT Christmas Carol
|A MRT Christmas Carol|
|Based on||A Christmas Carol|
|Production company||Gillmont Pictures|
|Production location||Langley Heath|
|Release date||December 24, 2020|
|Running time||15 minutes|
A MRT Christmas Carol is a short film created and directed by Wipeout111, based on the novella A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. Written by Wipeout111, it follows Ebeneezer Scrooge, a miser who is visited by the ghosts of his former business partner Jacob Marley, Christmas Past, Christmas Present, and Christmas Future. After their visits, Scrooge is a more generous, kind person. The short film features sesese9 as the main lead alongside Conric005, Vulpicula, SansNotLuigi, _Mossie, MinecraftYoshi26, and kyyl_.
A MRT Christmas Carol was released on December 24, 2020, after being teased earlier in the year.
The day before Christmas, Bob Cratchit meets with Ebeneezer Scrooge to request a day off to spend time with family. Scrooge reprimands him for being involved with Christmas activities and reluctantly gives him the day off.
Scrooge is visited by the ghost of Jacob Marley, who tells him that he will be visited by three ghosts throughout the night. Scrooge is visited by The Ghost of Christmas Past. The Ghost of Christmas Past takes Scrooge 30 years into the past when Scrooge had refused to come home for Christmas, despite his brother's pleas.
The Ghost of Christmas Present takes Scrooge to the Cratchit residence, where Bob states that he is thankful for Scrooge, despite receiving poor treatment. Scrooge realizes that Bob cares about him.
Scrooge is taken by The Ghost of Christmas Future to a set of charity workers discussing their gratitude that Scrooge had died. Scrooge wakes up on Christmas Day and is more generous, giving Bob the week off.
- sesese9 as Ebeneezer Scrooge, a miser who is despises Christmas.
- Conric005 as Bob Cratchit, Scrooge's sole employee who is treated poorly.
- Vulpicula as Jacob Marley, Scrooge's deceased business partner.
- SansNotLuigi as The Ghost of Christmas Past, a ghost that takes Scrooge to a moment in his past; and as "others". SansNotLuigi is not officially credited for his role as Mr. Fezziwig.
- _Mossie as The Ghost of Christmas Present, a ghost that takes Scrooge to Bob Cratchit's house; and as "others".
- MinecraftYoshi26 as Scrooge's brother
- kyyl_ as charity workers
On December 4, 2020, Wipeout111 made an announcement that over the course of the month, he would begin producing an unnamed holiday short film based on "a famous Christmas classic". The teaser trailer for the short film was released the same day. A Discord server was created for the project.
The short film was directed, produced, and written by Wipeout111. Wipeout111 also did the costume design by designing the Minecraft player skins used in the short film.
Filming took place in Langley Heath, a town located in Ward 2 constructed by _Mossie. _Mossie is listed as the set designer in the film's credits. Filming and audio recording took place in December 2020.
On December 6, 2020, an announcement trailer was released, revealing the first cast member as sesese9 as Ebeneezer Scrooge.
The full cast list was revealed on December 21, 2020, with Conric005, kyyl_, Vulpicula, SansNotLuigi, MinecraftYoshi26, and _Mossie joining the cast.
After Wipeout111 received requests from the actors, an awards ceremony, entitled "A MRT Christmas Carol - Film Awards" was created to award "actors and creative team with awards for the best work". Voting opened for three days, beginning on December 24, 2020.
Winners were revealed on December 27, 2020. The winners were:
- Best Overall Actor (Besides Yourself) - SansNotLuigi (The Ghost of Christmas Past & others)
- Best Overall Actor (Regardless of Screentime) - _Mossie (The Ghost of Christmas Present & others)
- Best Comedic Performance - Vulpicula (Jacob Marley)
- Best Dramatic Performance - _Mossie (The Ghost of Christmas Present & others)
- Best Portrayal of Character - sesese9 (Ebeneezer Scrooge)
- Best Ghost - _Mossie (The Ghost of Christmas Present)
- Best Featured Actor - sesese9 (Ebeneezer Scrooge)
- Best Supporting Actor - Vulpicula (Jacob Marley)
- Best "Non-Player" Character - Corn Marketable Plushie (Tiny Tim)
- Best Set Location (Build Quality) - Town Cathedral
- Best Set Location (Importance to Film) - Scrooge's House
- Best Costume - Ebeneezer Scrooge
- Best Line - Vulpicula (Jacob Marley)
- Best Non-Speaking Moment - "The Bridge" and "Tiny Tim"