|CEO and Owner||SoaPuffball|
|Date of Founding||May 12, 2019|
|No. of Open Stores||102|
|10th Location||New Gensokyo|
|50th Location||Chan Bay|
Comet Cafe is a café franchise by SoaPuffball that originated from Gemstride's culture and café industry. It is known for being a representation of Gemstride's culture around the world, serving tea and coffee around the world. Each shop is unique, but keeps the homely and friendly atmosphere shared by all of the locations.
It was founded on May 2019 as a way for SoaPuffball to rest in between of building in Gemstride, and has grown into a franchise spanning over 91 locations and 68 unique cities as of May 24, 2020.
By early 2019, the then-town of Gemstride housed many cafes due to the rapid expansion happening in the town during then. Many of the town's cafes were humble huts usually located near landmarks, parks, or other places that were staffed by the local townsfolk. SoaPuffball decided to spread the craft of Gemstride's tea and coffee and started this franchise, and built the first in May 12, 2019. The first two cafes in Gemstride and Euphorial were built with a wooden style similar to builds in Gemstride and Tacurger Shack, however the one in Fluffy (Floofyflame's town) was built with concrete and glass, unlike the wooden style of the previous cafes.
The franchise has grown to 50 locations on July 2, 2019 with the opening of the more esoteric Comet Cafe truck in Meme Highway, and to 75 locations on April 19, 2020 with the opening of the store in Kazeshima's mall. The franchise is currently experiencing a boom in popularity and success, and it is one of the franchises made post-Epsilon with the most franchises, along with Aroma Coffee, AstroSlurp, Purple Pidgeon, and Freshee Tea.
Older Comet Cafes vary with their style, with some being made out of wooden materials and others being made out of concrete and glass. However, these two styles have merged to form a more individual and recognizable mix of wood and concrete. The shops are usually primarily only lit up by end rods, however sea lanterns and glowstone are occasionally used.
The interiors of Comet Cafes are filled with chairs and tables for the customers. Spruce and iceflake pine pots also decorate the shops. Most standalone cafes are either open-air or have glass roofs to maximize the use of skylight in the shop. Larger locations give out local and international newspapers and other reading material and have a swap shop to further promote kindness and generosity.
While the original cafes in Gemstride are usually tiny, being 9-13 blocks long and 5 blocks wide, these cafes vary in size and usually can fit in tiny spaces, with one being built in a tiny 5*4 space as an extreme example. The cafes aim to fit the environment and the area around it, with ones in a more rural area being more wooden or open-air as an example.
SoaPuffball is usually very open to requests for a Comet Cafe! You can request one in this form or ask him in the server when he is online. All Comet Cafes are free, however tips are accepted. Requests made via form will be put above in-game requests in the queue. All locations are completely custom-built and will attempt to fit your town while keeping its own unique style.
When using the form to get a location, please mark out the plot, preferably adding a sign to show my build. For mall plots, please put on whether I can change the walls, floor, and roof of the plot.
These towns have more than one location:
- Sylvania's location was the first to use both wood and concrete in the build, as a suggestion from TheConductor. However, it didn't pop up again until early 2020, with the reintroduction in Espil Bayview's location.
- Espil and Central City have the most Comet Cafe locations, with three.
- Anadyr has the tiniest Comet Cafe mentioned above.
- Central City's standalone location is the first location to be made after the move to Zeta. It was intended to be finished before, however was delayed to after the move to Zeta.
- Royal Ferry is the first town not owned by SoaPuffball to get two locations.
- Peripotamia and Titsensaki have the only standalone Comet Cafes with multiple floors.
- Being a milestone store, Titsensaki has the largest Comet Cafe. Central City's standalone location is the second largest.
- The 100th Comet Cafe was originally going to be given in a poll, however after noticing problems with this idea, SoaPuffball scrapped it and gave it to Titsensaki instead.
|Gemstride Aria's Peak|
|Fairfax Street Mall|
|Larkspur Lilyflower International Airport|
|Gemstride Savanna's Cliff Park|
|Creeperville Expo 2019|
|Rank Resort Central|
|Chan Bay College Park|
|Christmas Island 2019|
|Deadbush Karaj Transport Center|
|Creeperville Shimoko Station|
|Las Playas Central|