This article is about the old world city. For the governing body of several cities, see City-State of Kitania.
|Other transit||See below for infomation|
|Facts and figures|
|Recognized as town||2/26/14|
|State||City-State of Kitania|
Kitania is a city on the MRT server founded by KittyCat11231 over the southern ocean. It features several districts, buildings, and roads, and even a freeway.
- 1 Government
- 2 News
- 3 Districts & Neighborhoods
- 3.1 Restaurant District
- 3.2 Eastside
- 3.3 Residential District
- 3.4 Lemon District
- 3.5 Downtown
- 3.6 Tacolympic District
- 3.7 North Transit Center
- 3.8 West Transit Center
- 3.9 Void Zone
- 3.10 Westside
- 3.11 Seabright
- 4 Transportation
- 5 Future Projects
- 6 KIA Threat Index
- 7 Territories
Kitania is a province, and the former capital, of the City-State of Kitania. Kitania's municipal government is overseen by the larger central government of the City-State of Kitania. The capital of the City-State of Kitania is Nippia. The following are municipal government agencies of Kitania:
- Kitania Department of Transportation
- Kitania Department of Justice
- 2/18/14: Wiki page created. Kitania Tacolympic Park in planning phase.
- 2/26/14: Kitania has been recognized as a town and KittyCat11231 has been promoted to mayor!
- 3/1/14: Tacolympic Park cancelled indefinitely, Tacolympic Blvd now Tacolympic Memorial Blvd. Also on this day: KTA created.
- 3/5/14: /Transit Center Parkway to run through Kitania Transit Center, including bus and rail terminals and a regional seaport.
- 4/5/14: jphgolf4321 becomes Deputy Mayor
- 7/12/14: KittyCat11231 steps down; Drunken Cow takes over as mayor
- 7/12/14: Town name changed to Cowlopolis
- 7/12/14: Sign renaming process is now scheduled for the 69th of July.
- 7/12/14: Drunken Cow murdered; Kitty takes back his position
- 9/28/14: News hasn't been updated in a while, by now Western Kitania has grown to compete with Eastern (original) Kitania. The Kitania territory Nippia is being planned for the new world (see future projects).
Districts & Neighborhoods
Kitania is a unique city with many different experiences to offer its visitors and residents. One area of Kitania may seem completely different from another. Some seem to blend in with each other, but have their own distinctions. These are all the districts and neighborhoods in the city of Kitania
The Restaurant District was one of the very first neighborhoods created in Kitania. Its location was selected to be along the southern coast to provide the best seaside view to visitors and residents alike. It is a district of Kitania designed for the sole purpose of the indulgence of food. Restaurants of all kinds line the streets of the neighborhood, especially along the seafront road Panqueque Boulevard. It is south of the Kitania Freeway, east of the Space Center, with the Residential District and Eastside to the north. Of course, the Restaurant District isn't the only place to eat in Kitania, but it is a delicious way to spend a night out.
Kitania Metro Stations
- Restaurant District West (1, 2, 3, 9, A SHUTTLE)
- Restaurant District Center (1)
- Restaurant District East (1, 2)
One of the true examples of urban beauty, Eastside is the neighborhood on the east coast of Kitania, north of the Restaurant District, east of the Residential District and downtown, and south of the Tacolympic District. One of the most unique aspects of the neighborhood is that it is shielded from the light by the Kitania Freeway, which also encases many of Kitania's sorrows into the area. To accommodate this, Suicide Strip is nearby with a STOP N' DROP suicide booth, gallows to hang yourself, and a personal drowning tank. Yet those who are wise enough are able to see a spark of beauty in the area. The ringing of the cash register at the Creeper Cola. The occasional flower seen reaching through the concrete. People in the Guest Apartment Building looking out their windows. The clink of minecart on the Kitania Metro as it pulls into Pizza Road. The rush of traffic from the very freeway above. To compliment this beauty, Eastside also has Eastside Park, a glimmer of sunshine in a place with not much of it. The park is right by the sea to the east, with a long expanse of lawn going as far up at the Condo Tower bus area and as far south as the border with the Restaurant District. If you believe in the beauty of the urban setting, with a touch of nature, Eastside will be a comforting place to visit.
Kitania Metro Stations
- Pizza Road (1, 7)
- Condo Tower (1, 3, 8)
The Residential District is home to the residents of Kitania. It is a place to go home to at the end of the day and relax. Houses line the streets of Burger Way and Pizza Road. A neighborhood Blockmart is available for residents to stock up their fridges. Cityside Beach and Birchside Park provide places for residents to visit in their free time and relax. Other areas of Kitania also provide housing, although this is where most of Kitania's residents are located.
Kitania Metro Stations
- Residential District (7, 9)
Named after Lemon Road, which also passes through the Residential District and is more commonly known as a major Kitania Metro station, the Lemon District is a small district to the northwest of the Residential District, south of the Tacolympic District, east of downtown and Grand Park, and west of the Space Center. One of its most common attractions is the Kitania City Hall, although other than that there isn't very much. It is considered to be located around the west side of Grand Park, and contains a HomeDirect, McDonalds, and a metro station with a few bus stops. This district blurs the lines with downtown and the Residential District.
Kitania Metro Stations
- Lemon Road (3, 8, A SHUTTLE, E SHUTTLE)
Downtown Kitania is considered to be the heart of the vast, diverse city. It is a busy neighborhood with a lot of hustle and bustle, and tall buildings forming the Kitania skyline. The grid-like roads wrap around the skyscrapers and hug them at the bottom, opening up a quick and efficient passageway through the area. People go to work here in the office buildings everyday, and it is also the second most popular housing district, behind the Residential District, as a result of its large condo tower. The Downtown streets are filled with businesses, so you can go buy a computer at Enderware, get a bite to eat at The Duechayapol Restaurant, shop in style at the Music's Gems tower, or even stock up your wardrobe at Chief's Bozx-ers. There's plenty to do and see in Downtown, as well as the rest of Kitania.
Kitania Metro Stations
- Condo Tower (1, 3, 8) (Shared with Eastside)
- Grand Park (3, 8, 9)
Tacolympic Memorial Boulevard was originally founded as Tacolympic Boulevard, and was to be a boulevard leading from the Kitania Freeway and road access from the rest of Kitania to the entrance to Tacolympic Park, which was to be similar to an olympic park, and be capable of hosting the MRT Olympics, TacoBurritoAThon, and MRT Winter Games. There was to be a large metro station to the east of the boulevard named Tacolympic Blvd station, with a shuttle in the median of the boulevard to Tacolympic Park station. However, with the banning of stadiums and olympic parks, the project was cancelled. Tacolympic Boulevard became Tacolympic Memorial Boulevard. The Kitania Metro station plan remained, but Tacolympic Blvd station became Tacolympic Memorial Blvd and Tacolympic Park station became Tacolympic Memorial. The area formerly to become the Tacolympic Park is now used by the North Transit Center, and the area around the boulevard is now the Tacolympic District, and is a commercial street with a hotel at the end. When checking out Kitania, this is a place worth visiting.
Kitania Metro Stations
- Tacolympic Memorial Blvd (1, 2, 4, 5, 6, B SHUTTLE)
- Tacolympic Memorial (B SHUTTLE)
North Transit Center
Originally just the Transit Center until the addition of the West Transit Center, the North Transit Center is an entire district devoted to intercity transportation, and contains three facilities for different means of transportation. The Kitania Bus Complex is a large bus complex with three terminals, one for IntraBus exclusively, one for general buses, and one for the Ender Bus Alliance. The Bus Complex has lots of space and relatively low demand, which is a good thing as the rules for buses are not strict at all. Kitania Transylvania Station provides third-party rail lines a place to reach Kitania. The building it is located in was originally to be a seaport, but that project was abandoned. The third facility is the Kitania Heliport, with several helipads for helicopters. runs through the center of the North Transit Center, with Transit Center Road ( ) on either side. It is one of two major travel hubs in Kitania and you may use it when traveling to and from the city.
Kitania Metro Stations
- Bus Complex West (4, 5, 6, E SHUTTLE)
- Transylvania Station (5, 6)
West Transit Center
The West Transit Center is Kitania's second and newest transit devoted district. It is also the first district to be created in what is now known as the western half of Kitania. It was a large project and is still ongoing, as the city of Kitania went all out to make sure this district had all the amenities for travelers. It contains two major facilities for intercity transit. The first of these is KTA Crossrail Station, the main focal point of the KTA Commuter Rail. The station contains a main upper concourse with ticket booths, some retail stores and restaurants, entrances to the platforms, and an indoor bus stop for the KT4 MB on a bus only extension of WTC North Road. On the lower level are 6 platforms with 12 tracks, each platform for a different commuter rail line. The other main facility has yet to be built (pending lift of airport ban), the Kitania Municipal Airport. The airport entrance will be on WTC North Road and contain all the basic amenities of an airport. Passengers will most likely have to walk to their plane, and the runway will be located south of the Kitania Freeway ( / ). The West Transit Center contains three roads which form an arc together. From the end of the Kitania Freeway, Airport Drive heads north, carrying . Airport Drive contains amenities for travelers such as an airport hotel and restaurants. Near the end of the road there is an intersection with WTC North Road, Airport Drive itself continues north and ends where continues north of the city. WTC North Road goes east past the future entrance to Kitania Municipal Airport, then intersects with Jerry Boulevard, and a bus only extension goes inside KTA Crossrail Station. Jerry Boulevard goes south to the WTC Parking Area, where it ends. Jerry Boulevard is a divided boulevard with two metro stations in the median and directly over it. The WTC Parking Area contains bus stops for the KT5, KT7, and X4 buses, as well as horse parking and rentals. Airport Drive and WTC North Road have bus lanes and special bus stops to accommodate the KT4 Metro Bus, the first bus route of the KTA Metro Bus program, which aims ot provide bus rapid transit services, and is based off of MTA SelectBusService in New York City. The West Transit Center is a decently sized district and a large hub of transportation.
Kitania Metro Stations
- Jerry Blvd - WTC (4, 5, 6, 7)
- WTC North Road (5)
- KT4 MB
Void Zone is unique in that it is entirely underground. It is essentially a big box carved out underground and used as a neighborhood of Kitania. One of the most noticeable things is the very highly elevated Void Zone station of the Kitania Metro, served by the 5 Line and bypassed via the express tracks by the 4 Line. Void Zone itself is a grim place, the streets are on fire, its usually dark, and crime is always on the rise. Essentially, Void Zone is Kitania's ghetto. Borderline Road perimeters Void Zone, with North, South, East, and West Streets connecting it to Void Circle in the center, and the entrance to the metro station. Void Circle contains a few fast food type franchises, and other areas of Void Zone contain generic and often crime ridden buildings. Void Zone contains the cheapest housing in Kitania available to those who need it the most. Visitors to the neighborhood are advised to keep a watchful items and hide their valuables.
Kitania Metro Stations
- Void Zone (5)
Westside is Kitania's westernmost original neighborhood. It is west of the West Transit Center and is constructed of sandstone. The neighborhood is split into two halves, the wealthy side, and the working class side, physically split by a large open cut section of the Kitania Metro containing the 7 and 8 Lines. The wealthy side is being constructed by bryce_am under contract, and is located along Bryce Boulevard. The working class side is being constructed by suppoe under contract, and is located along Suppoe Way. The two sides are connected by Jerry Bieber Avenue and Westside Road. Housing in this neighborhood is not complete, but it is planned to be a nice area to live in.
Kitania Metro Stations
- Westside Road (7, 8, 10)
- Jerry Bieber Ave (7)
Seabright is the result of Kitania acquiring a town west of the city, presumed to have been owned by MineMeUp360. Since the acquisition, a bridge to Westside has been built, and the Kitania Metro 10 Line has been created to serve the new neighborhood. The stained clay buildings are being remodeled to be much nicer to live in and will be put up for rent soon. The neighborhood is a nice seaside paradise that is surprisingly isolated from the business and rush of most areas of eastern Kitania. Take the 10 Line from Westside to see this new neighborhood of Kitania.
Kitania Metro Stations
- Ocean Avenue (10)
- Seabright West (10)
Kitania has an extensive road network stretching across the city, involving use of grid systems, as well as freeways to connect the large city. Several highways also go outside the city and connect it to the rest of the server.
Some notable roads include:
- Freeway Lane - Service road for Kitania Freeway in eastern part of the city, in many parts a large, divided boulevard, despire the ironic name of the road. The majority of the road is co-signed with Kitania Metro lines. , and is followed by the 1 & 2
- Tacolympic Memorial Boulevard - Originally to be known as Tacolympic Boulevard and allow access to Kitania Tacolympic Park. When the project was cancelled, the road was renamed and remained as a large commercial boulevard.
- Transit Center Road - This road is the service road for the Transit Center Parkway (Kitania Transylvania Station, the Kitania Bus Complex, and the Kitania Heliport, as well as access to two Kitania Metro stations. The entirety of the road is co-signed with , which extends past Kitania to the northwest to NeonLand. ) in the North Transit Center. It provides street access to
- Airport Drive - An important road for its location within the West Transit Center, this road was originally named for its amenities such as an airport hotel to accommodate the Kitania Municipal Airport. It is traveled by virtually all players going from Kitania to Mikeland, Silverhaven, and Redlin by horse, as it is part of , which extends north of the city, and connects to the Kitania Freeway ( and ). It has two side bus lanes, the same with WTC North Road, to accommodate the KTA Bus KT4 Metro Bus route.
- Jerry Boulevard - Perhaps the most infamous road in the West Transit Center, for its name, location, and connections, Jerry Boulevard is the easternmost street within the West Transit Center. It borders KTA Crossrail Station served by the KTA Commuter Rail, and connects to a parking area, with parking areas for horses, a rental horse area, and a bus stop with the KT5 and X4 bus routes. It is directly under an elevated portion of and runs north of its interchange with the Kitania Freeway ( and ), although despite this, the road does not have direct access to , with only off-ramps connecting to the road. In the median of the boulevard run the 4 and 5 Kitania Metro lines, and at the southern end of the boulevard is Jerry Blvd - WTC, a large metro station for the 4, 5, 6, and 7 lines.
Kitania is also known for having a large amount of numbered highways. Some co-sign with regular streets, while others create large freeways, most notably the Kitania Freeway, which runs through a large area of Kitania and carries two number designations along its route. Here are some of the numbered highways that run through Kitania:
- Zicronia. It also plays a huge role in Kitania's local transportation, forming the entire length of the Kitania Freeway. It enters the city from the north as a ground level highway, immediately connecting with (and indirectly with ). It then goes on to connect with Tacolympic Memorial Blvd and the northeast end of Freeway Lane. It then runs as an elevated highway on the coast east of downtown Kitania, with Freeway Lane ( ) directly below. It curves to the west near the Restaurant District and drops down to once again become a ground level highway, with Freeway Lane and on each side, running inbetween the Restaurant District and Residential District. At Exit 2, Freeway Lane ends and merges with , and immediately it sinks below ground level and passes under the Kitania Space Center, resurfacing as an open-cut highway. It goes past Kitania Beach and when it enters the West Transit Center has another interchange with the southern terminus of . It then continues to Airport Drive, where the highway continues to ground level and ends, with continuing north along Airport Drive to leave the city. - This InterMap highway is one of the most famous highways in the southeast MRT, connecting to several towns which are not connected by other roads, as well as several major highways, such as , , , and the spur to
- - Also known as the Transit Center Parkway, this loop of connects the North Transit Center and West Transit Center, the two major hubs of intercity transportation in Kitania. It also serves as an alternative route between the western half of the city and the eastern half of the city, previously only connected by the Kitania Freeway ( and now ). It starts in northeastern Kitania at an interchange with , directly south of where leaves the city. Its first exit is at the beginning of Transit Center Road ( ) in the North Transit Center, and is a ground level exit. Shortly after the exit dips down and becomes an open-cut highway, passing under Northern Way. It has one last exit in the North Transit Center, and then goes deep underground, for a short distance in a glass tube through the water, and runs underground beneath Kitania Bay, passing below Waterville and part of NeonLand. It then curves to the south, and after a short distance rises up through the ground, up from the water, and up to an elevated segment of the highway within the West Transit Center. It runs directly above Jerry Boulevard, with an exit accessing the street (no on-ramp), before it terminates once again with , at this point co-signed with , with a large interchange.
- Kitania Metro 1 and 2 lines traveling in and above the median respectively. connects to once again through an exit at Burger Way, and continues north along Freeway Lane, providing street access to downtown Kitania. North of Ascanal Street, splits off from Freeway Lane, the latter of which ends shortly ahead at Tacolympic Memorial Blvd, and heads northeast away from the city. - Originally known as , a road which only ran along Airport Drive in its section in Kitania, was created when began a huge expansion, essentially doubling its size. It is named after the real-life historical US-66, although it imitates one of the most modern US highways, appearing as everything from a two lane, undivided road to a divided, multi-lane freeway co-signed with other numbered highways. Within Kitania, it has a close relationship with . Its segment within the city begins at the northern terminus of Airport Drive, where it travels south. The sides of the road have bus lanes for the KT4 Metro Bus. When Airport Drive reaches the beginning of the Kitania Freeway and , travels east, co-signed with . It dips into an open cut highway, and interchanges with . When it reaches the Kitania Space Center, it passes underneath and resurfaces, then going up to ground level. splits from and the Kitania Freeway at Exit 2, where Freeway Lane begins. runs along Freeway Lane on each side of , which is still a ground level highway. then rises to become an elevated highway, and becomes a divided boulevard running directly beneath . Near Kitania's eastern coastline, curves with to travel north, now with the
- - A spur of , this server route's primary goal is to provide road access to NeonLand, connecting to both north of Mikeland to the west, and of course Kitania to the east. The segment of the highway within the city is quite short, running along Transit Center Road. It begins where Transit Center Road begins near the northeastern end of I-206. It travels along the sides of the highway and provides street access to the North Transit Center complexes. It intersects with Northern Way and an interchange with I-206 before Transit Center Road ends and rises up to an elevated level and travels across a short stretch of water to NeonLand.
Kitania Transit Authority
The KTA is the transportation agency which operates bus, rail, and rapid transit services in and connecting to the city. the Kitania Metro is owned by the KTA, and is a large metro system with 14 lines and shuttles (subject to be outdated) sprawling across the entire city of Kitania, loosely based on the real-life New York City Subway. The KTA Commuter Rail is focused at KTA Crossrail Station in Kitania's West Transit Center, and provides rail service to the towns and cities located around Kitania. Additional lines may not be located anywhere near the city, but connect to its territories. KTA Bus is a large bus division of the KTA. It is essentially several miniature bus networks combined into one massive one. Local buses run within Kitania or within its territories, with a two letter prefix for the territory it operates in (ie: local bus routes within the city of Kitania are labeled KTx, and local bus routes within the territory of Llamapolis are labeled LLx, with x representing the number of the bus route). Express bus routes connect territories and also connect to points of interest, such as Spawn City Transit Centre. These routes are prefixed with an X. The bus system is heavily based on MTA Regional Bus Operations, and the entire KTA is based on the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, New York City's public transit agency. For more information see Kitania Transit Authority.
The Transit Centers
With the size and population of Kitania, and to provide as many options for travel as possible, the city of Kitania contains two districts entirely devoted to intercity transportation, the North and West Transit Centers. These districts contain several large facilities used for different means of transportation going out of the city. The North Transit Center has a large bus complex for third party bus routes, a heliport with several helipads for helicopters to land, and Kitania Transylvania Station, a large intercity rail hub for third party rail lines. The West Transit Center features KTA Crossrail Station, the hub of the KTA Commuter Rail, and an upcoming municipal airport for air travel to Kitania. Both transit centers are connected by and are close to . The main surface street serving the North Transit Center is Transit Center Road (co-signed with ), which accesses all of the NTC complexes. Northern Way also connects to the North Transit Center from Tacolympic Memorial Blvd. The West Transit Center has three surface streets in a horseshoe form. Airport Drive (mainly co-signed with ), runs north from Westside and the Kitania Freeway ( / ), and contains amenities for people traveling to/from Kitania, especially through air travel (hence the name of the street). It intersects with WTC North Road and ends at the border of the city, where continues north. WTC North Road is the street in which the entrance to the Kitania Municipal Airport is located (pending construction of airport). It connects to Jerry Blvd and continues (buses only) into KTA Crossrail Station. Jerry Blvd stems south from WTC North Road and leads to the entrance to KTA Crossrail Station as well as the WTC Parking Area, with parking spots for horses, horse rentals, and a bus stop. Both transit centers have Kitania Metro access. The metro stations within the North Transit Center are Transylvania Station (5, 6) and Bus Complex West (4, 5, 6, E SHUTTLE), while the stations within the West Transit Center are WTC North Road (5) and Jerry Blvd - WTC (4, 5, 6, 7).
Those are the main methods of transport to, from, and within Kitania, but there will always be other ways to get around, such as:
- Kitanian Seastreaker - A sailboat between Kitania Landing and Bikitar Island of
Kitania has expanded west throughout its history, from the West Transit Center to Westside, and most recently Seabright, which was acquired as an inactive build. Kitania now once again has its eyes set on westward lands, this time the snow and swamp biomes west of Seabright. Kitania flags are currently claiming the area pending discussion with CarbonM14, owner of a town to the north. If the land is deemed available, the Kitania Metro will extend to at least two new stations, serving an extended 10 line and a new express 11 line, which would run express from Westside Road at a new platform level. Kitania would most likely only settle the outskirts of the swamp, due to other builds in proximity, but make full use of the snow biome.
Kitania Municipal Airport
If you've been to the West Transit Center, you've probably noticed a large empty area west of I-206. This is the planned location of the Kitania Municipal Airport. The airport will be a small one with a terminal building and space for a few planes. It will be accessible by the KT5 bus and the KT4 Metro Bus. Construction will begin after the opening of the new world.
New World Expansion
With the new world looming upon us, Kitania has been seeking to establish a territory on the new world. This new territory is to be named Nippia, with eyes set on ZN21 station. Nippia is planned to evolve into a major city, and once established, Kitania's government will most likely be centered in Nippia, with new headquarters planned for government agencies, though Nippia will still be considered a territory of Kitania, and will use Kitania's flag and the same government agencies (yes, the Kitania Transit Authority will serve the city). The Nippia Expedition will be sent by the Kitania government to explore, claim, and settle the area surrounding ZN21 station, and make a temporary settlement while Kitania's final projects are completed in the main city, including Kitania Municipal Airport and the resetting of the KTA Bus warps. Kitania's central government will be located in Kitania while Nippia is initially constructed. Once the city has been established and a governmental center constructed, the Kitania central government will move to Nippia as the city expands and grows. Kitania itself will be checked upon after the new world has opened, and minor projects may still be underway in Kitania after the final governmental migration to Nippia. Nippia residents will be encouraged to visit the old world city of Kitania, and perhaps events will be created to honor the city. The Kitania Space Agency will base itself at the Kitania Space Center and the Olympia Space Station until Nippia is deemed large enough to have a spaceport. With the new world, Kitania shall not die, rather it shall live on, through the city of Nippia.
KIA Threat Index
The Kitania Intelligence Agency, which also acts as a millitary organization, has a threat index for the City of Kitania based on the threat of an attack or other emergency. The index applies to Kitania and all of its territories.
Yellow Threat Index: Something has happened somewhere that has required the mobilization of KIA forces. There is a credible, but not immediate, threat to the city. Residents shouldn't have to evacuate, but should be alert.
Orange Threat Index: There is a credible and possibly imminent threat to the city which has required the KIA to mobilize defense personnel locally to defend the city. Residents are advised to leave the city and its territories as soon as possible.
Red Threat Index: Kitania is under attack. There is an imminent threat to the city which has required immediate emergency action to be taken. Residents should evacuate immediately or seek shelter if evacuation is not possible.