The wiki has now been upgraded to MediaWiki 1.31.1 with many new extensions and improvements. For a full list of changes, please see the Wiki Upgrade 2018 page.
MRTvision Screenshot Contest 2
|MRTvision Screenshot Contest 2|
Show Us What You've Got
|Venue||PAW Center, Murrville|
|Join period||November 1, 2018 - November 15, 2018|
|Final||December 1, 2018|
|Number of entries||31 (to date)|
|Voting system||Each city and willing non-participants award a set of 12, 10, 8–1 points to their 10 favorite screenshots, respectively|
|← 1 • MRTvision Screenshot Contest|
The MRTvision Screenshot Contest 2 is the ongoing second edition of the MRTvision Screenshot Contest. The contest is the original MRT Screenshot Contest with Eurovision style voting and representation. The ceremony is set to place in Murrville, following Cortesi's win at the first contest with the screenshot "After The Party". The contest's results ceremony will be in Murrville. The contest debuted on November 1, 2018. The slogan is Show Us What You've Got. The winner is set to be revealed on December 1, 2018 at the PAW Center in Murrville.
As of November 14, 2018, 31 cities have confirmed their intentions to participate in the contest and 29 of those cities have made a submission.
The contest was announced on the wiki on October 28, 2018. The slogan and logo were revealed on October 30, 2018.
The PAW Center in Murrville is a two-story building that was furnished exclusively for the contest and has a capacity of 63 attendees. It is the only venue of its kind in Murrville. It is located across from the Color Market in the northeastern Murrville. It sits adjacent to a river in the, at the time, newly developed area in Murrville.
Per usual, the contest features members representing cities, each submitting a screenshot to be voted on by the participants and the willing public. Each city and willing non-participants award a set of 12, 10, 8–1 points to their 10 favorite screenshots, respectively. Each participant is required to vote, or may face disqualification or being banned from participating in future contests.
Through a poll on Discord and discussion between MinecraftYoshi26 and Cortesi, it was decided that there would be no theme. Though the poll showed a slight majority wanted a theme, MinecraftYoshi26 stated that they had came to this decision because they "want to not limit the people participating and avoid people from complaining their photo was rejected on the grounds of not fitting the theme."
The deadline to join and send in a screenshot is set on November 15, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. UTC. The draw is selected and voting is open immediately after. The winner will able to influence the slogan for the next contest, choose the next host city, and receive $3,000. Second place will receive $2,000. Third place will receive $1,000. All other competitors are set to receive a $10 participation stipend.
On November 1, 2018, the rules were slightly changed to allow members with only an unranked cities to participate under that city, rather than having to represent someone else's.
All of the screenshots are seen together on a public Google Folder.
- Second place
- Third place
- Non-top three placement featured on the website
The following cities have expressed their provisional interest in participating in the contest:
- a. ^ The screenshot was taken on the Games World.
- Coruscant – On November 2, 2018, SilverBubble stated that he was busy with a project of his own and declined participation.
- Deadbush – On November 1, 2018, MojangChan acknowledged the contest but stated that he would "think about it" and has not officially declared participation. On November 7, 2018, he explicitly stated that he would not participate.
- Eagleshore – In the events channel on Discord on November 1, 2018, SkyjumperTalon indicated that he would be representing Cactus River. A day later, he officially declared his participation under Cactus River and thus there was no representative for Eagleshore, resulting in its withdrawal.
- Eden – On November 2, 2018, shadowboarder stated that he is currently "very busy and unable to participate" but also noted that he "look[s] forward to any future MRTvision contests."
- Marblegate – On November 3, 2018, Just_robinho declined to participate, as he stated he was currently busy with life.
- New Bakersville City – On November 2, 2018, FredTheTimeLord acknowledged the contest but did not confirm his participation and stated that he would give his decision later, as he was busy. He has yet to officially declare his intent to participate or not.
- Nymphalia – On November 8, 2018, SoaPuffball stated that he is "planning to on Saturday," referring to November 10, 2018, when inquired about his participation. He officially stated he would be "skipping the event" on November 11, 2018 and thus withdrew.
- Woodsdale – On November 2, 2018, Hightech_TR stated that he "might give it a miss" since he had exams and declined to partake. Furthermore, he added that he "really appreciate[s] the effort to run a contest like this."
The following cities participated in the last contest, but have not yet made any announcement regarding their participation in this contest.
- Verdantium – On November 1, 2018, CaptainChimpy stated that "[p]articipating under the flag of Verdantium is under consideration" and has not confirmed his participation yet due to "time constraints." After being reminded about the contest on November 7, 2018 in the Discord, he stated that he would not to participate, but would be open to participating in future contests.