MRTvision Screenshot Contest 2
|MRTvision Screenshot Contest 2|
Show Us What You've Got
|Venue||PAW Center, Murrville|
|Joining period||November 1, 2018 - November 15, 2018|
|Submission period||November 1, 2018 - November 15, 2018|
|Voting period||November 15, 2018 - November 29, 2018[a]|
|Final||December 1, 2018|
|Number of entries||30|
New Bakersville City
|Voting system||Each city and willing non-participants award a set of 12, 10, 8–1 points to their 10 favorite screenshots, respectively|
|Vote weight||50% participants, 50% public|
"Golf at the Savannah Oasis" - autobus22
|← 1 • MRTvision Screenshot Contest • 3 →|
The MRTvision Screenshot Contest 2 is the second edition of the MRTvision Screenshot Contest. The contest is the original MRT Screenshot Contest with Eurovision-style voting and representation.
The ceremony took place in Murrville, following Cortesi's win at the first contest with the screenshot "After The Party". The contest debuted on November 1, 2018. The contest's slogan was "Show Us What You've Got". The winner was revealed on December 1, 2018, at 6:30 p.m. UTC at the PAW Center in Murrville. There was an accompanying official MBS livestream with the ceremony.
The contest was announced on the wiki on October 28, 2018. The slogan and logo, both created by Cortesi, were revealed on October 30, 2018.
On the day of the ceremony, Cortesi held a raffle for those who showed up in the physical audience for two free small airplane gates: one at Epsilon International Airport and one at Murrville Kekkomatic Memorial Airport. To participate, members of the audience had to send to Cortesi number between 1 and 100. Using a random generator, he selected a winner for each gate, respectively. TheSubway won the gate at Epsilon International Airport and Narnia17 won the gate at Murrville Kekkomatic Memorial Airport.
The PAW Center in Murrville is a two-story building that was furnished exclusively for the contest and has a capacity of 55 seats. It is the only venue of its kind in Murrville. It is located across from the Color Market in northeastern Murrville at the corner of Colour Street and Paws Road. It sits adjacent to a river in the, at the time, newly developed area in Murrville.
As per usual, the contest features members representing cities, each submitting a screenshot to be voted on by the participants and the willing public. Each city and willing non-participants award a set of 12, 10, 8–1 points to their 10 favorite screenshots, respectively. Each participant is required to vote. Failing to vote or voting strategically can result in the participant facing disqualification or a possible ban from participating in future contests.
Through a poll on Discord and discussion between MinecraftYoshi26 and Cortesi, it was decided that there would be no theme. Though the poll showed a slight majority wanted a theme, MinecraftYoshi26 stated that they had come to this decision because they "want to not limit the people participating and avoid people from complaining their photo was rejected on the grounds of not fitting the theme."
The deadline to join and send in a screenshot was on November 15, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. UTC. The draw was selected and voting was opened immediately after. The winner was able to influence the slogan for the next contest, chose the next host city, and received $3,000. Second place received $2,000. Third place received $1,000. The top 12 are featured on the website. All competitors received a $10 participation stipend for voting.
On November 1, 2018, the rules were slightly changed to allow members with only unranked cities to participate under that city, rather than having to represent someone else's.
All of the screenshots are viewable together on a public Google Folder.
Seoland was originally allocated to participate as draw number 10, but was withdrawn due to not submitting a screenshot in time. This resulted in the Lacledic Republic being moved from draw number 31 to replace Seoland's draw number.
- Second place
- Third place
|4||Rank Resort||143||Rank Resort||119|
|8||City-State of Kitania||78||New Woodbury||85|
|11||New Woodbury||57||West Calbar||73|
|14||Espil||43||City-State of Kitania||64|
|25||Radiance Square||21||Cactus River||11|
|30||Oasis Sands||1||Oasis Sands||0|
Below is a summary of the maximum 12 points awarded by each city and public (in italics):
|No.||City||Public and cities giving 12 points|
|14||Secunda||Carnoustie, Covina, Elecna Bay, Kyoto, Utopia, Public (9)|
|10||Wazamawazi||Bawktown, Kessler, Sunshine Coast, Peripotamia, Radiance Square, Public (5)|
|8||Rank Resort||Kevtropolis, Lacledic Republic, Richville, Wazamawazi, Public (4)|
|5||Covina||Cactus River, Rank Resort, Segville, West Calbar, Public (1)|
|4||Elecna Bay||Fort Yaxier, Secunda, Quiris, Public (1)|
|Fort Yaxier||Hanamura, Murrville, New Woodbury, Oasis Sands|
|1||City-State of Kitania||Public (1)|
|Kyoto||Birchwood, Public (1)|
|New Woodbury||City-State of Kitania|
|Radiance Square||Public (1)|
|Sunshine Coast||Public (1)|
- Coruscant – On November 2, 2018, SilverBubble stated that he was busy with a project of his own and declined participation.
- Deadbush – On November 1, 2018, MojangChan acknowledged the contest but stated that he would "think about it" and has not officially declared participation. On November 7, 2018, he explicitly stated that he would not participate.
- Eagleshore – In the events channel in the MRT Discord on November 1, 2018, SkyjumperTalon indicated that he would be representing Cactus River. A day later, he officially declared his participation under Cactus River and thus there was no representative for Eagleshore.
- Eden – On November 2, 2018, shadowboarder stated that he is currently "very busy and unable to participate" but also noted that he "look[s] forward to any future MRTvision contests."
- Marblegate – On November 3, 2018, Just_robinho declined to participate, as he stated he was currently busy with life.
- New Bakersville City – On November 2, 2018, FredTheTimeLord acknowledged the contest but did not confirm his participation and stated that he would give his decision later, as he was busy. There was no submission made by the deadline.
- Nymphalia – On November 8, 2018, SoaPuffball stated that he is "planning to on Saturday," referring to November 10, 2018, when inquired about his participation. He officially stated he would be "skipping the event" on November 11, 2018.
- Seoland – On November 1, 2018, CodyHM declared his participation officially; however, when inquired about how he had yet to submit a screenshot on November 13, 2018, he stated that his "computer is not turning on" and was thus unsure if he could take his screenshot in time. CodyHM failed to submit his screenshot by the deadline and thus was automatically withdrawn from the contest.
- Woodsdale – On November 2, 2018, Hightech_TR stated that he "might give it a miss" since he had exams and declined to partake. Furthermore, he added that he "really appreciate[s] the effort to run a contest like this."
The following cities participated in the previous contest, but did not make any statement about the contest nor confirm provisional participation by the deadline:
- Verdantium – On November 1, 2018, CaptainChimpy stated that "[p]articipating under the flag of Verdantium is under consideration" and had not confirmed his participation yet due to "time constraints." After being reminded about the contest on November 7, 2018, in the MRT Discord, he stated that he would not participate, but would be open to participating in future contests. DevyySky later joined the contest representing Verdantium for the first time in the third contest.