MRTvision Screenshot Contest 3
|MRTvision Screenshot Contest 3|
One Of A Kind
|Venue||La Musica Theatre, Wazamawazi|
|Joining period||February 13, 2019 - February 27, 2019|
|Submission period||February 13, 2019 - March 9, 2019|
March 9, 2019 - March 11, 2019 (semi-finals)|
March 13, 2019 - March 29, 2019 (finals)
|Semi-final||March 13, 2019[a]|
|Final||March 30, 2019|
|Number of entries||41|
Semi-finals: Each city awards a set of 12, 10, 8–1 points to their 10 favorite screenshots, respectively |
Final: Each city and willing non-participants award a set of 12, 10, 8–1 points to their 10 favorite screenshots, respectively
Semi-finals: 100% participants|
Final: 50% participants, 50% public
"One Summer's Day" - camelfantasy
|← 2 • MRTvision Screenshot Contest • 4 →|
The MRTvision Screenshot Contest 3 is the third edition of the MRTvision Screenshot Contest. The contest is the original MRT Screenshot Contest with Eurovision style voting and representation. The ceremony took place in Wazamawazi, following autobus22's win at the second contest with the screenshot "Golf at the Savannah Oasis". The contest debuted on February 13, 2019. The slogan is One Of A Kind. The winner was revealed on March 30, 2019 at 6 p.m. UTC at La Musica Theatre. There was an accompanying official MBS livestream for both the semi-final and final ceremonies.
The contest was announced on the wiki on February 8, 2019. The contest was planned to be revealed after the February 2019 GSM; however, it was made public two days earlier to garner public opinion. The slogan and logo were revealed on February 10, 2018 at the beginning of the public portion of the February 2019 GSM. The logo is an edited version of an online image edited by MinecraftYoshi26.
The non-qualifiers' placements and point totals in the semi-finals were released on March 24, 2019.
The contest's results ceremony took place for the first time in Wazamawazi, following the city's victory in the previous edition with the screenshot "Golf at the Savannah Oasis", taken by autobus22. It took place at Wazamawazi's 104-seat theatre, La Musica Theatre, which was constructed in 2015. Located next to Queen Maxima Bus Terminal and Queen Maxima Railway Station, it is a one-story large, indoor theater with an entrance on Theatre Road. It is located in the Queen Maxima District of Wazamawazi. It was originally supposed the Third Eagle Awards; however, the event was cancelled and thus the theater did not host the event.
On February 8, 2019, autobus22 had confirmed privately that the contest would be held in Wazamawazi. It was announced publicly shortly after. As usual, the venue is required to have a stage, seating for viewers, and an optimal location for a camera. Also on that day, four venues were revealed as possible locations of hosting the ceremony.
On February 11, 2019, La Musica Theatre was selected as the venue for the contest and Grandma Henny's Grand Theatre's Hall 2 was shortlisted.
Key:Host venue Shortlisted
|Wazamawazi||Grandma Henny's Grand Theatre, Hall 1||392||Venue for the Fifth Eagle Awards. Selected venue for the MRTvision 2017 Song Contest.|
|Grandma Henny's Grand Theatre, Hall 2||91||—|
|Hiranomachi 5-Story Pagoda||30 (after construction)||Construction of interior necessary for candidacy, located in the unincorporated district of Hiranomachi.|
|La Musica Theatre||104||Selected venue for the Third Eagle Awards before cancellation.|
Per usual, the contest features members representing cities, each submitting a screenshot to be voted on by the participants and the willing public. Each city and willing non-participants award a set of 12, 10, 8–1 points to their 10 favorite screenshots, respectively. Each participant is required to vote in their semi-final, or may face disqualification, being banned from participating in future contests, or paying a fine up to $1,000. There was only a loose theme based off of the slogan, One Of A Kind, calling for unique screenshots.
The deadline to join was revealed as February 27, 2019 at 8:00 p.m. UTC. The deadline to send in a screenshot was on March 9, 2019 at 8:00 p.m. UTC. After the semi-final reveal ceremony, the draw order was selected for the final and voting opened for the final near the end of the ceremony. The winner was able to influence the slogan for the next contest, chose the next host city, and received $4,000. Second place received $2,000. Third place received $1,000. All competitors received $15 as a participatory stipend for voting. The top 10 were featured on the website, changed from the prior top 12.
It was revealed on February 11, 2019 that MinecraftYoshi26 was contemplating having semi-finals, but had not made an official decision whether or not it would occur and had yet to work out all the logistics. He stated that it was time-sensitive and would be dependent on the amount of participants. On February 22, 2019, it was confirmed that there would be two semi-finals. As the prior winner, Wazamawazi would automatically qualify for the final and vote in both semi-finals. The top 10 in the semi-finals advance to the final. Even if a participant is eliminated in the semi-finals, they are required to vote in the final. To receive their $15 stipend, eliminated participants would have to vote in the final. The top 10 screenshots from each semi-final advance to the final.
All of the screenshots are viewable together on a public Google Folder.
Johngi ran under Carnoustie rather than CaptainObi as he preferred Johngi to. Johngi is the deputy mayor of Carnoustie. DevyySky ran under Verdantium rather than CaptainChimpy due to CaptainChimpy being busy. DevyySky is the deputy mayor of Verdantium.
20 cities participated in the first semi-final. As the prior winner, Wazamawazi voted in both semi-finals. The highlighted cities qualified for the final. The results were revealed on March 13, 2019 at 7 p.m. UTC.
20 cities participated in the second semi-final. As the prior winner, Wazamawazi voted in both semi-finals. The highlighted cities qualified for the final. The results were revealed on March 13, 2019 at 7 p.m. UTC.
21 cities participated in the final, with all participating cities required to vote. Wazamawazi automatically qualified for the final as the prior winner. The results were revealed on March 30, 2019 at 6 p.m. UTC. The top 10 cities had their screenshots featured on the website.
- Second place
- Third place
Below is a summary of the maximum 12 points awarded by each city:
|No.||City||Cities giving 12 points|
|7||Arcadia||Birchwood, Euphorial, Kyoto, Oasis Sands, Venceslo, Verdantium, Wazamawazi|
|3||Elecna Bay||New Bakersville City, Peripotamia, Secunda|
|New Woodbury||Bawktown, New Amsterdam, Nymphalia|
|2||New Bakersville City||Arcadia, Segville|
|Waverly||Elecna Bay, Sunshine Coast|
|New Amsterdam||New Woodbury|
Below is a summary of the maximum 12 points awarded by each city:
|No.||City||Cities giving 12 points|
|6||Victoria||City-State of Kitania, Lacledic Republic, Murrville, Pixl, Wazamawazi, West Calbar|
|5||Fort Yaxier||Christi, Larkspur, Quiris, Rank Resort, Richville|
|2||Espil||PMW City, Victoria|
|Rank Resort||Kevtropolis, Lakestead|
|Utopia||Fort Yaxier, Onemalu|
|1||Fort Yaxier||218||Elecna Bay||198|
|19||New Bakersville City||54||Christi||53|
|21||Verdantium||29||New Bakersville City||34|
Below is a summary of the maximum 12 points awarded by each city and public (in italics):
|No.||City||Public and cities giving 12 points|
|11||Utopia||Fort Yaxier, New Bakersville City, Verdantium, Victoria, West Calbar, Public (6)|
|10||Victoria||Euphorial, Lacledic Republic, Lakestead, Murrville, Oasis Sands, Pixl, Public (4)|
|8||Waverly||Carnoustie, Elecna Bay, Espil, Onemalu, Secunda, Sunshine Coast, Public (2)|
|7||Fort Yaxier||Birchwood, Kevtropolis, Larkspur, Peripotamia, Public (3)|
|6||Covina||New Woodbury, Venceslo, Public (4)|
|5||Arcadia||Cactus River, City-State of Kitania, Rank Resort, Richville, Public (1)|
|Espil||Aprix, Kyoto, Nymphalia, Public (2)|
|Peripotamia||Waverly, Public (4)|
|4||Elecna Bay||Public (4)|
|New Woodbury||Bawktown, Christi, PMW City, Public (1)|
|3||Euphorial||Quiris, Public (2)|
|Lacledic Republic||Public (2)|
|Larkspur||Utopia, Public (1)|
|New Bakersville City||Arcadia, Segville|
|Wazamawazi||New Amsterdam, Public (1)|
|1||Rank Resort||Public (1)|
|Sunshine Coast||Public (1)|
Eligibility for participation in the MRTvision Screenshot Contest requires that the city has a flag.
- Deadbush – On February 13, 2019, MojangChan was asked about his participation and stated that he would "think about it". On February 17, 2019, MojangChan confirmed he would not be participating in the contest. Deadbush last participated in the first contest.
- Eden – On February 14, 2019, shadowboarder stated "I'll have to think about it, but I'm thinking that I might be able to". On February 18, 2019, he stated he would be too busy to participate. Eden last participated in the first contest.
- Hanamura – On February 14, 2019, MikeRoma stated "maybe" when asked about his participation. MikeRoma failed to confirm provisional interest by the deadline and thus did not participate. Hanamura last participated in the second contest.
- Kessler – On February 14, 2019, lalaboy confirmed he would not be participating in the contest. Kessler last participated in the second contest.
- Marblegate – On February 22, 2019, Just_robinho confirmed he would not be participating in the contest due to university deadlines. Marblegate last participated in the first contest.
- Seoland – On February 13, 2019, CodyHM was asked about his participation, he stated "maybe" and contemplated the work that would needed to be put in and the possible outcome to see if it was beneficial for him to partake. CodyHM failed to confirm provisional interest by the deadline and thus did not participate. Seoland last participated in the first contest.
- Whiteley – On February 13, 2019, AP_Red was asked about his participation and declined the invitation to partake. He cited technical issues with his laptop and shaders for not participating. Whiteley last participated in the first contest.
- Woodsdale – On February 18, 2019, Hightech_TR stated that he would not participate in the contest due to being busy with junior college. Woodsdale last participated in the first contest.
The following city participated in the previous contest, but did not make any statement about the contest and did not submit a screenshot by the deadline:
- Skogheim – On February 14, 2019, Starcubed privately stated he was interested in participating. When asked about his flag, he did not respond until February 21, 2019 where he stated he was not going to participate as he had to "spend more time studying".
- a. ^ The semi-final ceremony was originally scheduled for March 16, 2019; however, due to public demand and all of the votes being cast early, it was moved to three days earlier. The shift in the date was to have a larger window for voting for the final.
- b. ^ New Amsterdam is partially shown in the screenshot.