MRTvision Screenshot Contest 4
|FINAL VOTING IS NOW OPEN! ONLY WAITING ON PARTICIPANTS!
All participants (qualifiers and non-qualifiers) must vote! https://forms.gle/5c4k92zqWctCu1e4A
|MRTvision Screenshot Contest 4|
A Visual Symphony
|Venue||Yaxier Symphony Hall, Fort Yaxier|
|June 16, 2019 - June 29, 2019|
|June 16, 2019 - July 6, 2019|
July 6, 2019 - July 12, 2019 (semi-finals)|
July 13, 2019 - July 26, 2019 (finals)
|Semi-final||July 13, 2019|
|Final||July 27, 2019|
|Number of entries||37|
Semi-finals: Each city awards a set of 12, 10, 8–1 points to their 10 favorite screenshots, respectively |
Final: Each city and willing non-participants award a set of 12, 10, 8–1 points to their 10 favorite screenshots, respectively
Semi-finals: 100% participants|
Final: 50% participants, 50% public
|← 3 • MRTvision Screenshot Contest|
The MRTvision Screenshot Contest 4 is the ongoing fourth edition of the MRTvision Screenshot Contest. The contest is the original MRT Screenshot Contest with Eurovision style voting and representation. The ceremony is set to take place in a city in the Republic of Formosa, following camelfantasy's win at the third contest with the screenshot "One Summer's Day". The contest debuted on June 16, 2019 at 3 a.m. UTC. The slogan is A Visual Symphony. The winner is tentatively set to be revealed on July 27, 2019 at 6 p.m. UTC at Yaxier Symphony Hall. There is a planned to be an accompanying official MBS livestream with both the semi-final and final ceremonies.
The contest's results ceremony will take place for the first time in a city in the Republic of Formosa, following Fort Yaxier's victory in the previous edition with the screenshot "One Summer's Day", taken by camelfantasy. It will take place at Fort Yaxier's 673-seat hall, Yaxier Symphony Hall, which was constructed in 2017. Located in the east side of the town next to Fort Yaxier Central Station, it is a large, indoor concert accessible from an exit off of the A50. It is a large hall inside a larger, glass room.
On June 4, 2019, camelfantasy had confirmed privately that the contest would be held in one of his towns and it was announced publicly alongside the contest's announcement on June 15, 2019. As usual, the venue is required to have a stage, seating for viewers, and an optional location for a camera. Also on that day, four venues from two cities were revealed as possible locations of hosting the ceremony.
On June 16, 2019, Yaxier Symphony Hall was selected as the venue for the contest and Yaxier International Forum Hall C was shortlisted. both in Fort Yaxier. On July 4, 2019, Fort Yaxier withdrew from the contest and moving the contest to another city was considered; however, it was decided against and the contest would move forward with the venue, logo, and slogan.
Key:Host venue Shortlisted
|Formosa||Formosa Concert Hall||592||—|
|Fort Yaxier||Yaxier Exhibition Center||104||Venue for Studio Ghibli Commemoration Event.|
|Yaxier International Forum Hall C||787||—|
|Yaxier Symphony Hall||673||—|
Per usual, the contest features members representing cities, each submitting a screenshot to be voted on by the participants and the willing public. Each city and willing non-participants award a set of 12, 10, 8–1 points to their 10 favorite screenshots, respectively. Each participant is required to vote in their semi-final, or may face disqualification, being banned from participating in future contests, or paying a fine up to $1,000. Per usual, there was no theme.
The deadline to join was revealed as June 29, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. UTC. The deadline to send in a screenshot is on July 6, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. UTC. After the semi-final reveal ceremony, the draw order will be selected for the final and voting will opened for the final near the end of the ceremony. The winner will able to influence the slogan for the next contest, choose the next host city, and receive $4,000. Second place will receive $2,000. Third place will receive $1,000. All other competitors will receive $15 as a participatory stipend. The top 10 will be featured on the website.
The occurrence of semi-finals was dependent on the number of participants. On June 18, 2019, it was confirmed that there would be two semi-finals after the number of entries reached 35. As the prior winner, Fort Yaxier would automatically qualify for the final and vote in both semi-finals. The top 10 in the semi-finals advance to the final. Even if a participant is eliminated in the semi-finals, they are required to vote in the final. To receive their $15 stipend, eliminated participants would have to vote in the final. The top 10 screenshots from each semi-final advance to the final.
All of the screenshots are viewable together on a public Google Folder.
18 cities participated in the first semi-final. As the prior winner, Fort Yaxier was allocated to vote in both semi-finals; however, it withdrew on July 4, 2019. The highlighted countries qualified for the final. Moramoa was originally allocated to participate in the first semi-final as draw number 06, but was moved to the second semi-final after Raymont withdrew. This also resulted in Onemalu being moved from draw number 20 to replace Moramoa's draw. Nauvis was originally allocated to participate in the first semi-final as draw number 19, but withdrew due to unexpected real life commitments. The results were revealed on July 13, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. UTC following the Big Brother 4 finale.
19 cities participated in the second semi-final. As the prior winner, Fort Yaxier was allocated to vote in both semi-finals; however, it withdrew on July 4, 2019. The highlighted countries qualified for the final. Raymont was originally allocated to participate in the second semi-final as draw number 15, but withdrew from the contest due unavailability. The results were revealed on July 13, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. UTC following the Big Brother 4 finale.
20 cities are set to participate in the final, with all participating cities required to vote. Fort Yaxier automatically qualified for the final as the prior winner and was selected as draw number 18; however, it withdrew on July 4, 2019. The results are set to be revealed on July 27, 2019 at 6 p.m. UTC. The top 10 cities had their screenshots featured on the website.
- Second place
- Third place
The following cities have yet to submit their votes for the final:
|New Bakersville City|
Eligibility for participation in the MRTvision Screenshot Contest requires that the city be ranked and have a flag.
- Bawktown – On June 18, 2019, Foote_Chicken privately stated he was unsure if the would participate, but "probably will". In the Discord later that day, he stated he would be away for three weeks starting July 9 and thus would be unable to vote in the final. He was given the option to order all screenshots and have those votes used in the final before he left. He failed to confirm provisional interest by the deadline and thus withdrew.
- Christi – On June 22, 2019, when asked about his participation, mustang_guy declined to partake.
- Espil – After the final of third contest, EspiDev stated in the MRT Discord that he would possibly abstain from competitions in the future due to future inactivity. When asked about his participation on June 22, 2019, he stated he would be away on a trip and would be unavailable to vote. Thus, he withdrew from the competition.
- Fort Yaxier - On June 16, 2019, camelfantasy declared his participation officially; however, when inquired about how he had yet to submit a screenshot on July 4, 2019, he stated that he would be unable to partake due to being unable to access his computer in time to submit a screenshot and thus withdrew from the contest. Fort Yaxier, as the prior winner, automatically advanced to the final with draw number 18.
- Hanamura – On May 28, 2019, MikeRoma announced that he was leaving the server and thus would not return for to the contest. It is currently owned by camelfantasy, who was running under Fort Yaxier. Hanamura last took part in the second contest.
- Kevtropolis – On June 20, 2019, mi_aquamarine was asked about his participation and stated that he would think about it. He failed to confirm provisional interest by the deadline and thus withdrew.
- Nymphalia – On June 16, 2019, SoaPuffball officially declared his participation under the Nymphic Union. Due to Nymphalia being a part of the Nymphic Union, Nymphalia had to be automatically withdrawn.
- Oasis Sands – On April 24, 2019, ConnConn2005 left the server and gave Oasis Sands to Frosty_Creeper10. He failed to confirm provisional interest by the deadline and thus withdrew.
- Quiris – On June 19, 2019, _HeavenAngel_ was asked about his participation in the contest and said that he would be too busy to partake.
- Rank Resort – On June 16, 2019, megascatterbomb officially declared his participation under Moramoa. Thus, there was no representative for Rank Resort, resulting in its withdrawal.
- Verdantium – On June 18, 2019, CaptainChimpy was asked about Verdantium's participation and stated that he would not participate due to other projects. Verdantium's last representative, DevyySky, has yet to make announcement about officially confirming provisional interest under Verdantium or his own town, New Acreadium. He failed to confirm provisional interest by the deadline and thus withdrew.
The following cities participated in the previous contest, but did not make any statement about the contest and did not submit a screenshot by the deadline, resulting in their withdrawal:
- Nauvis - On June 16, 2019, Underscore11 declared his participation officially; however, when inquired about how he had yet to submit a screenshot on July 3, 2019, he stated that he would be unable to partake due to unexpected real life commitments and thus withdrew from the contest. Nauvis was allocated to semi-final 1 with draw number 19.
- Raymont – On June 17, 2019, _O_OM3GA_O_ declared his participation officially; however, when inquired about how he had yet to submit a screenshot on July 3, 2019, he stated that he was on vacation until July 11, 2019 and thus withdrew from the contest. Raymont was allocated to semi-final 2 with draw number 15.