Minecart Rapid Transit Wiki:Did you know
This is a record of material that was recently featured on the Main Page as part of Did you know (DYK), which shares surprising or intriguing facts. They give readers enough context to understand the hook, but leave enough out to make them want to learn more. They are written for a general audience who has no prior knowledge of or interest in the topic area. Lastly, they are concise and do not attempt to cover multiple facts or present information about the subject beyond what's needed to understand the hook.
New DYKs are featured biweekly alongside the featured page by McYoshi26. Suggestions can be sent to him on Discord.
31 July 2022
- ...that there are eggs (pictured) hidden around Venceslo?
- ...that Minecart Model Railways Incorporated turned unwanted buildings into model railways?
- ...that the fifth season of The Amazing Race is the only season to be fully planned before it was announced to the public?
- ...that ArizTrad built a sample street in planning the theming of Malosa?
- ...that Covina was originally built on the Hummingbird Islands?
17 July 2022
- ...that a mountain (pictured) in Formosa is dedicated to housing numerous exclaves?
- ...that the sails of Itokani Transit boats indicate the islands of Itokani the boat connects?
- ...that the mayor of Moleville is the Mole?
- ...that the technology of the Lanark-Laclede Express became obsolete due to the removal of a glitch?
- ...that _cosmon founded Ardaman in a location picked by random?
5 July 2022
- ...that _fwis's username was put on the MS Lake Diamond (pictured) as they guessed the ship's name?
- ...that the villagers in Ririkotaki Village on Vinataka are named after characters from the Animal Crossing franchise?
- ...that a golf course in New Amsterdam is completely underground?
- ...that all of ArizTrad's entries in the MRTvision Screenshot Contest have a two word title?
- ...that Aeolia Mixolydia Airstrip has a portal at each end of its runway?
19 June 2022
- ...that the roof of the Ghibli Museum features a life-sized statue of a robot from Lupin the 3rd Part II (pictured)?
- ...that Fairfax-Atlanta Metropolitan Airport has a footpath in the middle of its tarmac?
- ...that Johngi spent $1500 on 40 wooden huts?
- ...that the winner of Battle of the Builds was never at risk for elimination?
- ...that guests were allowed to help build Whelburn for 24 hours?
5 June 2022
- ...that the tallest building in Welchett (pictured) contains an indoor theme park?
- ...that a mansion in Gemstride contains numerous custom heads that Melecie has collected?
- ...that the MRTvision Screenshot Contest 6 was postponed for three weeks due to the lack of an adequate OptiFine build to allow for shaders?
- ...that only half of Achowalogen Takachsin-Covina International Airport was allowed to be pasted onto the server, until four months later?
- ...that certain letters were banned in chat as a part of an April Fools prank?
22 May 2022
- ...that the farms on Teivaki (pictured) are inspired by farms from a French Minecraft server?
- ...that the roofs of four concourses at Fort Yaxier International Airport have artwork inspired by movements of the Cascadian Concerto?
- ...that ATLAS had 17 locations within 24 hours of its creation?
- ...that Conricsto was founded because KittyCat11231 wanted to build an IntraRail line?
- ...that Staff had initiated a project involving removing signs and filling caves in Spawn City to allegedly reduce lag?
8 May 2022
- ...that the original Traveller's Tavern (pictured) was created because hvt2011 considered making a tunnel?
- ...that Whitechapel had a bidding process for people to create construction projects in the city?
- ...that parts of the B27 feature road signs in German?
- ...that the roof of the Segville International was created by experimenting with the //generate command?
- ...that each road in New Genisys is paved with a different type of block?
25 April 2022
- ...that all concourses at Venceslo-Fifth Ward International Airport (pictured) have been completely rebuilt, except for one?
- ...that there was a "Month of Reveals" teasing information about Survivor: Vakayawa, including a "mysterious phrase" on r/place?
- ...that hvt2011 created a tourism company to encourage travel to a chunk that could freeze clients?
- ...that, after simply asking for a stand in their town, MeetMeInSpace became the namesake for Space's Ice Cream Stand?
- ...that a neighborhood in Kitania is completely underground?
10 April 2022
- ...that the Cresta Capitol Building (pictured) in Encinitas is "mirrored"?
- ...that the Wrenough Line in Birdhall was created because of a comment on a video about the Birdhall Metro?
- ...that Inchmuir started as an island home for thomasfyfe?
- ...that SimonScholar paid $2000 for the naming rights of Lapis Bay's airport?
- ...that HarborRandom852 and Hightech_TR created a fake leak about the host location of a Formula MRT race?
26 March 2022
- ...that you can't eat Banana (pictured)?
- ...that there is a cloud in the sky?
- ...that Nothing happened at General Staff Meetings?
- ...that 42 is in 7 and at 7?
- ...that trains cannot go to Train Station, but buses can?
13 March 2022
- ...that a golf course (pictured) in Woodsdale has a roller coaster?
- ...that, despite being west of Central City, Waverly is a member of EAST?
- ...that Azalea Cruises was originally going to be a low-cost airline?
- ...that prior to Big Brother 5, the account of EmmzX appeared in two other events?
- ...that Cactusville was added to the MRT Blue Line as a result of a Halloween adventure map?
28 February 2022
- ...that a ficticious evil Kalmar Fried Chicken factory (pictured) was built for Christmas in 2012?
- ...that BART Airlines made their first flight because of The Amazing Race?
- ...that, at one point, many of the buildings in Utopia and Armada were floating in the sky?
- ...that the West Ocean Partnership was founded 15 months before it went public?
- ...that Skelezomperman created the 2020 Crystal City Spleef Tournament to break up the monotony of winter?
13 February 2022
- ...that a former canal in Monte Isola (pictured) partially became a museum?
- ...that ArizTrad founded Seabeast Buses because he wanted to get better at Get To X?
- ...that Sealane was near Sandstone Fair, then the MRT Regional Airport, then Whelburn?
- ...that a majority of contestants dropped out of a two-hour special episode of The Ultimate Renovation?
- ...that no Governor candidate cities were promoted in the latter half of 2017?
30 January 2022
- ...that inside the largest AFK box (pictured) is a smaller version of itself?
- ...that Music's Gems has yet to officially reach 200 locations?
- ...that SimonScholar often builds a Santa hat atop an oil rig during Christmas time?
- ...that Vinemarsh and Kitania were planned to host iterations of TacoBurritoAThon?
- ...that there is a flight from Laclede to Laclede?
16 January 2022
- ...that franchises were stacked on top of each other at the MesaPromenade (pictured)?
- ...that there are nightclubs in the walls of buildings in Chansee?
- ...that the "speed" command was enabled on the server because of The Amazing Race?
- ...that prior to December 2020, BurgerQueens used to have location-dependent menus?
- ...that a cow is the mayor of Whelburn?
2 January 2022
- ...that creation of New Singapore began with a griefing frenzy (pictured)?
- ...that the first Dave's Doughnuts was built in Halo 3?
- ...that the Murrville Parkour House is missing 10 levels?
- ...that cakes and cows were sources of antics in Survivor: Utara?
- ...that there are three angels in Koroturaga?
19 December 2021
- ...that tallest building in Arisa (pictured) is shaped like a rabbit?
- ...that Crackhead Joe's was originally made as a part of a minigame?
- ...that a clue to find the set of the tenth season of The Mole was hidden in an episode of Meggy Live?
- ...that version 5.0 of the Minecart Rapid Transit system was a Christmas gift?
- ...that there is a giant potato in Nymphalia?
12 December 2021
- ...that largest in-game map of the Old World MRT system is in r/place (pictured)?
- ...that there were 13 rejected names for The Glowlight Awards?
- ...that Cyra Underwood Municipal Airport was constructed in a venture to identify areas of the Old World that were lacking in airports?
- ...that there are numerous vending machines around Kazeshima, similar to real-life Japan?
- ...that a section of the B935 is known as "The Gallery"?
14 August 2022
- ...that the Braun Llama Dome (pictured) was built by Frumple over a year before the server's opening?
- ...that Tribiome Island derived its name from theories that the region was an island?
- ...that secession of the People's Party from the Epsilonian Republic was described as "treason" by the interim President?
- ...that the trains used on BluRail's 11 feature a Rank Resort-themed livery?
- ...that, beginning in the MRTvision Screenshot Contest 6, Cookie46910 began taking some of his submissions on the Beta server?
28 August 2022
- ...that three gates at Hummingbird Islands Regional Airport were given away through a game of luck (pictured)?
- ...that members of the MRT community worked with the Reddit community members of the Jacksonville Jaguars to make an MRT logo?
- ...that the seed for the New World was chosen from 94 candidate seeds?
- ...that large amounts of money were kept in uFuel?
- ...that a few players competed to attain the most Eat and Bowl franchises in their town, resulting in the opening of 79 locations?
11 September 2022
- ...that the park built on the former grounds of Venceslo University Airfield features markings from the demolished airport's runway?