The Amazing Race 3
|The Amazing Race 3|
|Dates||November 21, 2015, November 28, 2015, December 5, 2015, & December 6, 2015|
|No. of teams||7|
|No. of legs||9|
|Winning team||CortesiRaccoon & _Kastle|
|MRT worlds visited||2|
|Preceded by||The Amazing Race 2|
|Followed by||The Amazing Race 4|
The season premiered on November 21, 2015 and the season finale was on December 6, 2015.
- 1 Production
- 2 Results
- 3 Episode title quotes
- 4 Prizes
- 5 Race summary
- 5.1 Leg 1 (Saint Roux ➝ Lakeview ➝ Easest ➝ Marblegate)
- 5.2 Leg 2 (Marblegate ➝ Accerton ➝ Airchester ➝ Sesby ➝ North Haven)
- 5.3 Leg 3 (North Haven ➝ Mason City ➝ Coronado ➝ Huntington)
- 5.4 Leg 4 (Huntington ➝ New Phoenix ➝ BirchView ➝ MRT Convention Centre ➝ Fairfax)
- 5.5 Leg 5 (Fairfax ➝ Atlanta ➝ MineCity ➝ Inchmuir ➝ Wishington)
- 5.6 Leg 6 (Wishington ➝ Rockstone ➝ Arisa)
- 5.7 Leg 7 (Arisa ➝ Ice Springs ➝ Kenthurst ➝ Sealane ➝ Central City)
- 5.8 Leg 8 (Central City ➝ Tetrapolis ➝ Laclede ➝ Whitechapel)
- 5.9 Leg 9 (Whitechapel ➝ West Calbar ➝ Kessler)
The season was announced on the wiki on October 5, 2015. Shortly thereafter, applications were opened. The starting line was announced to occur on November 21, 2015 on October 23, 2015. On November 23, 2015, the second session's time was announced to occur on November 28, 2015. After the second session, On December 1, 2015, the third session's time was announced to occur on December 5, 2015. After the third session, on the same day, it was decided that the final leg would be ran on December 6, 2015.
This season spanned over two worlds. This season included first time visits to the New World cities of Saint Roux, Lakeview, Easest, Marblegate, Accerton, Sesby, North Haven, Mason City, Coronado, Huntington, New Phoenix, BirchView, Kenthurst, Sealane, Central City, Tetrapolis, Laclede, West Calbar, and Kessler and the Old World cities of Atlanta, MineCity, Wishington, and Rockstone. Additionally, this season marked the first time that the show has had the starting line and finish line on the New World.
Applications opened on October 8, 2015 and were closed on October 28, 2015. From there, eight teams were added to the list to participate in the Race. Out of those teams, four full teams and one half of a team showed up. As per usual, walk-ins to join the Race on the day were permitted, which allowed teams to be formed on the first day. Those teams include autobus22 & techladdie and _Ptld & tdtspeedy. MindBender15 was originally paired with HanSangYoon; however, HanSangYoon failed to show up and MindBender15 was thus paired with MIKE24DUDE who showed up on the first day.
This season marks the first time that a member from New Zealand has ever participated in any game show.
|Name||Country||Team name & color||Place|
|_Kastle||United States of America|
|mine_man_||United Kingdom||Hate Each Other||2nd place|
|KittyCat11231||United States of America||Cat Vomit||3rd place|
|Baseball02||United States of America||Guestpocalypse||4th place|
|TonyTajiri||United States of America|
|autobus22||The Netherlands||Crossworld||5th place|
|MIKE24DUDE||United States of America||24 Minds||6th place|
|MindBender15||United States of America|
|_Ptld||United States of America||That's What She Said!||7th place|
|tdtspeedy||United States of America|
The following teams participated in the Race, each listed along with their placements in each leg and team names. Note that this table is not necessarily reflective of all content due to inclusion or exclusion of some data. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Team||Team Name||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks|
|CortesiRaccoon & _Kastle||Lasagna||1st||1stƒ||2ndε4||2nd⊃||1st||3rd||1st||3rd8||1st||CortesiRaccoon 5, _Kastle 4|
|mine_man_ & RLcrafters||Hate Each Other||4th||3rd⋐||6th5||4th⋑||2nd||1st||4th7||2nd||2nd||mine_man_ 5, RLcrafters 5|
|KittyCat11231 & godzilltrain||Cat Vomit||2nd||4th3 ⊃||1st||3rd⊂||3rd||2nd||2nd||1st||3rd||KittyCat11231 5, godzilltrain 5|
|Baseball02 & TonyTajiri||Guestpocalypse||5th||6th||5th5||5th⋐||5thƒ||4th6||3rd||4th||Baseball02 4, TonyTajiri 5|
|autobus22 & techladdie||Crossworld||3rd2||2nd⊂⋑||3rd5||1stƒ||4th||5th||5th||autobus22 5, techladdie 4|
|MIKE24DUDE & MindBender15||24 Minds||6th||5th||4th||6th||MIKE24DUDE 1, MindBender15 4|
|_Ptld & tdtspeedy||That's What She Said!||7th||7th||_Ptld 1, tdtspeedy 2|
- A red team placement indicates that the team was eliminated.
- A underlined blue team placement indicates that the team was the last to arrive at a Pit Stop in a non-elimination leg of the race.
- An underlined leg number indicates that there was no mandatory rest period at the Pit Stop and all teams were ordered to continue racing. An underlined team placement indicates that the team came in last on a "continue racing" leg and was ordered to continue racing.
- A brown ⊃ or a cyan ⋑ indicates that the team chose to use one of the two U-Turns in a Double U-Turn; ⊂ or ⋐ indicates the team who received it; ⊂⋑ indicates that the team was U-Turned, but they used the second U-Turn on another team.
- A green ƒ indicates that the team won a Fast Forward.
- A purple ε indicates that the team decided to use the Express Pass on that leg.
- 1. ^ Every team chose to take a penalty for the Roadblock at the BrickMart, so the Roadblock penalty was null.
- 2. ^ autobus22 & techladdie initially arrived 1st, but did not find the clue at the Marblegate Eye, having arrived at the Pit Stop accidentally by chance. They had to backtrack to complete the Roadblock. Two teams had checked-in while they went back, dropping autobus22 & techladdie to 3rd.
- 3. ^ KittyCat11231 & godzilltrain traveled by MRT from Sesby to North Haven rather than taking the specified helicopter and was thus given a 5 minute time penalty. No teams passed them.
- 4. ^ CortesiRaccoon & _Kastle used the Express Pass to bypass the Detour.
- 5. ^ a b c autobus22 & techladdie, Baseball02 & TonyTajiri, and mine_man_ & RLcrafters all took the time penalty for the Roadblock.
- 6. ^ Baseball02 & TonyTajiri took the time penalty for the Roadblock at the Wishington Library.
- 7. ^ RLcrafters & mine_man_ took a rail line from Kenthurst to Sealane rather than the designated bus from South Railway Station. No one passed them and they stayed in 4th.
- 8. ^ CortesiRaccoon & _Kastle initially arrived 3rd, but failed to pick up a hay bale from John Deere Tractor Services. They had to go back to retrieve it before checking in. No teams passed them and they stayed in 3rd.
Episode title quotes
Episode titles are often taken as quotes from the racers.
- "This Is The Pit Stop?!" -autobus22
- "I Found The Helicopter" -godzilltrain
- "We Are Not Doing a Godz" -RLcrafters
- "I Love You" - CortesiRaccoon
- "I'm Really Stupid" - mine_man_
- "Make An Exception" - _Kastle
- "Such Hypocrites" -mine_man_
- "God Bless The Hay Bale" -CortesiRaccoon
- "They Don't Call It The Amazing Race For Nothin'!" -_Kastle
The prize for each leg is awarded to the first place team for that leg.
- Leg 1 – The Express Pass – an item that can be used during the race to skip any one task of the team's choosing before the seventh leg.
- Leg 2 – A trip for two to Konawa & $25 each.
- Leg 3 – A trip for two to Crystal City & $50 each.
- Leg 4 – A trip for two to Vermilion & $75 each.
- Leg 5 – A trip for two to Riverend & $100 each.
- Leg 6 – A trip for two to Kolpino City & $125 each.
- Leg 7 – A trip for two to Nippia & $150 each.
- Leg 8 – A trip for two to Vegeta & $175 each.
- Leg 9 – $10,000.
|Destinations||Air travel Rail travel Water travel Bus travel|
|Route Markers||Detour Roadblock Fast Forward U-Turn Speed Bump Pit Stop|
Leg 1 (Saint Roux ➝ Lakeview ➝ Easest ➝ Marblegate)
Airdate: November 21, 2015
- Saint Roux, New World (Gare d'Orsay) (Starting Line)
- Saint Roux (Tour Eiffel)
- Lakeview (DOYKEA)
- Easest (BrickMart)
- Marblegate (Eye of Marblegate)
- Marblegate (Marblegate Cathedral)
At the Starting Line of The Amazing Race 3, which took place at Gare d'Orsay, teams were informed that the winner of the first leg would win the Express Pass, which they would allow to skip any task before at the end of Leg 6. They were given for their first task: to go find the Tour Eiffel in Saint Roux. The clue there directed them to Lakeview's DOYKEA.
At Easest, the clue asked "Who knows the MRT logo?". The team member took the twenty pressure plates and used them push pistons to recreate the MRT logo correctly. Once done, they had to ask Yoshi to check to receive their next clue. Once teams correctly made the logo, they were directed to the Marblegate Eye in Marblegate.
At the Marblegate Eye, it was where teams encountered a second Roadblock, asking "Who wants to search the wheel?". The team member who had sat out in the first Roadblock had to do this one. Teams had to make their way to the top car of the wheel and exit it. Then, the team member had to search for a clue box on the wheel. The clue directed teams to travel to Marblegate Cathedral for the first Pit Stop.
Leg 2 (Marblegate ➝ Accerton ➝ Airchester ➝ Sesby ➝ North Haven)
Airdate: November 21, 2015
- Marblegate (Marblegate Centraal) to Accerton (Accerton Exchange)
- Accerton (Music's Gems)
- Airchester (Furling Amusement Park)
- Airchester (Lion Square)
- Sesby (Sesby Station)
- Sesby (Town hall or East beach)
- Sesby (Sesby Church)
- North Haven (North Haven Palace Theater)
At the start of the leg, teams were informed they were to travel by train to Accerton. The clue at Accerton sent teams to Airchester's Furling Amusement Park. Teams could also take the Fast Forward, which required teams to make their way to Accerton Exchange Park. The Fast Forward required teams to run through a marked path and press the button before a fifty second timer ran out. If failed to do within the specified time, teams had to wait three minutes before attempting the course again. Each team only had five attempts before having to go back onto the normal race course.
Other teams collected their clue at Airchester and encountered the Roadblock, asking "Who likes to ride roller coasters?". One team member had to ride the Log Flume and while riding it, the team member had to look out for ten banner letters. If all the letters are found and arranged correctly, it spelled out the location of the next clue, Lion Square in Airchester. There, teams were then directed to Sesby.
In Sesby, teams were presented with the Detour: Picture Painters or Sand Seachers. In Picture Painters, teams made their way to the courtyard behind the Sesby Town Hall and had to recreate a stoplight banner to receive their next clue. In Sand Searchers, teams made their way to the beach across from Picture Painters and had to dig in the marked area on the beach to find a chest with a clue inside. Both led teams to Sesby Church.
In The Sesby Church, teams found the Double U-Turn board. The next clue after the U-Turn told them to take a helicopter behind the church to the Pit Stop, the North Haven Palace Theater.
Leg 3 (North Haven ➝ Mason City ➝ Coronado ➝ Huntington)
Airdate: November 28, 2015
- North Haven (North Haven Station) to Mason City (Mason City Station)
- Mason City (Jubilee Beach)
- Mason City (Arc de Fairmont or Mason City Museum, Mason Tower, and InterContinental Hotel)
- Coronado (Coronado Lighthouse)
- Huntington (Huntington Beach)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to make their way by train to the ninth place screenshot in the Screenshot Contest, which was in Mason City at Jubilee Beach.
At Mason City, teams encountered the Detour: Climb or Craft. In Climb, teams had to make their way to the Arc de Fairmont and find the entrance into the arch and parkour to the top to receive their clue. In Craft, teams had to find the Mason City Museum and the Mason Tower and get each piece of a lever and craft a lever. Then, teams had to take it to the marked Intercontinental Hotel and place the lever on a marked room to open it to receive their clue.
Teams were then instructed to make their way to Coronado. There, teams found the Roadblock, asking "Who likes puzzles?". One team member entered a room and found a book of clues. The clues directed the team member where to place banners to find the next location. It spelled out "PIT STOP AT HUNTINGTON BEACH", showing that the Pit Stop was at Huntington.
Leg 4 (Huntington ➝ New Phoenix ➝ BirchView ➝ MRT Convention Centre ➝ Fairfax)
Airdate: November 28, 2015
- Huntington (Huntington Station) to New Phoenix (New Phoenix North Station)
- New Phoenix (Civic Centre)
- BirchView (Leydon International Airport) to MRT International Airport, Old World
- MRT Convention Centre (Overworld Spider Hall)
- Fairfax (Fairfax Northern Cross)
- Fairfax (Redstoneless Metro Service Grandstand or Fairfax Fairgrounds)
- Fairfax (The Church of All Religions)
- Fairfax (Fairfax Theater)
At the start of the leg, teams were informed they were to make their way New Phoenix and find the Civic Centre.
At New Phoenix, teams encountered the Speed Bump, a Route Info, and a Fast Forward. For mine_man_ & RLcrafters, they had to make their way to the nearby New Phoenix Police Department and find the marked station to make 10 cakes. Once all cakes were completed and placed on the marked table, they may continue on the race. The normal clue made teams make their way to the Leydon International Airport in BirchView and fly to the MRT International Airport. Once landed, teams made their way to the MRT Convention Centre to receive their next clue. Teams could also take the Fast Forward, which required teams to make their way to the Leisure and Sports Centre. The Fast Forward required teams to enter the stadium and jump onto the field and search through many chests and find the matching set of clothes as the key. Then, the teams had get it checked to receive the clue. This Fast Forward was a switchback to season two's Fast Forward in leg 2.
Once there, they encountered the Roadblock, asking "Who wants to be a guide?". One team member had to spawn in and saddle a pig and guide it across a path hovering over lava. Once the pig was guided to the other side, they would find the clue box. The clue then instructed teams to make their way to the Fairfax Northern Cross in Fairfax.
The clue they found there was the Detour: Run or Dive. In Run, teams had to make their way to Redstoneless Metro Service Grandstand and pick up a pair of depth strider boots to run along the river to the end. Team had to look for banner letters along the way, and if rearranged, it was meant to say "AMAZING", and if PM'ed to Yoshi, teams would receive your next clue. In Dive, teams made their way to the Pit Stop of Season 1, the Fairfax Fairgrounds, and dove underwater to search through chests for a clue inside. Teams were then directed from both Detours to The Church of All Religions.
In The Church of All Religions, teams found the Double U-Turn board. The next clue after the U-Turn sent them to the Pit Stop, Fairfax Theatre.
Leg 5 (Fairfax ➝ Atlanta ➝ MineCity ➝ Inchmuir ➝ Wishington)
Airdate: November 28, 2015
- Atlanta (Le Kiwi Manior Royal)
- Fairfax-Atlanta Metropolitan Airport to MineCity (MineCity Regional Airport)
- MineCity (FIFA World Cup 2014 Center)
- Inchmuir (Inchmuir Spaceport)
- Inchmuir (Highview Tower or Fyfe Manor)
- Wishington (Yuki Mountain)
At the start of the leg, teams were informed they were to make their way to Le Kiwi Manior Royal in Atlanta. The first clue sent teams go to Fairfax-Atlanta Metropolitan Airport to take a flight to MineCity Regional Airport. Teams could also take the Fast Forward, which required teams to make their way to the Taj Mahal Stadium in MineCity as well. The Fast Forward required teams to construct a replica of a house inside the stadium.
Other teams were instructed to head to the FIFA World Cup 2014 Center where they had to pick up a set of donkeys and ride them both to Inchmuir and find the Inchmuir Spaceport Parking Lot to find their next clue.
There, it was where teams encountered the Roadblock, asking "Who wants to reach new heights?". One team member had to take all items out of both donkeys and craft enough blocks to stack up to the glass platform inside one of the rooms to get to the clue.
Teams were then presented with the Detour: Leap of Faith or Search the Manor. In Leap of Faith, teams made their way to the marked Highview Tower near the station and had to find the marked wooden doors. Then, teams had to climb the ladder to the top and jump off the building and land on the slime block to receive their next clue. In Search the Manor, teams entered Fyfe Manor and searched through the various rooms of the manor to receive their clue. Teams were then directed to the final Pit Stop of The Amazing Race 0, Wishington's Yuki Mountain for the Pit Stop.
Leg 6 (Wishington ➝ Rockstone ➝ Arisa)
Airdate: December 5, 2015
- Wishington (Wishington Library)
- Rockstone (Rockstone Tower)
- Arisa (Cookie stand)
- Arisa (The Institute)
Teams started the leg by receiving the Roadblock clue, asking "Who loves to read?" They made their way to the Wishington Library where one team member had to enter library and will solve the four-story library maze and find the clue on top of the maze. For Baseball02 & TonyTajiri, they had to make their way to Glowstone Park and catch one fish to continue on with the race. Teams were then instructed to go to Rockstone.
At Rockstone Tower, it was where teams encountered a second Roadblock, which asked "Who likes to jump?". The team member who had sat out in the first Roadblock had to do this one. One team member climbed the stairs to the top of the building jumped off the building to land on a slime block and bounce onto a floating glass platform with the next clue.
Teams then traveled to Arisa and find a cookie stand in Rift, one of Arisa's many zones. The clue there directed teams to travel to The Institute for the Pit Stop.
Leg 7 (Arisa ➝ Ice Springs ➝ Kenthurst ➝ Sealane ➝ Central City)
Airdate: December 5, 2015
- Ice Springs (Ice Springs Regional Airport) to Kenthurst, New World (Kenthurst Aerodrome)
- Kenthurst (Boomerang Bridge)
- Kenthurst (Sharkeisha's Secret Tower or Grand Canal of Kenthurst)
- Kenthurst (South Railway Station) to Sealane (New Forest Bus Terminal)
- Sealane (Base 9)
- Central City (Central Park)
At the start of the leg, teams were told take a flight to Kenthurst via Ice Springs. Upon arrival, teams were to make their way to the Boomerang Bridge.
Teams were presented with the Detour there: Tower or Hanging. In Tower, teams make their way by boat down the nearby Grand Canal of Kenthurst and follow the marked path to find the Sharkeisha's Secret Tower and search through the eighteen floors for their next clue. In Hanging, teams were to make their way by boat down the nearby Grand Canal of Kenthurst and follow the marked path to the terraces. Then, teams had to ride down the canal and search for overhanging dispensers with buttons on them and press the buttons while still in the boat to get a piece of paper. Once gotten all the pieces of paper, teams had to rearrange them to find your next destination.
Both clues directed teams to Sealane's Base 9 via bus. There, teams encountered the Roadblock, asking "Who wants to go on a rescue?". One team member made their way from the base and search the mountain range for an armor stand modeled like the ones in the base. Once found, the chest next to the armor stand had the next clue. The clue told teams to travel to the Pit Stop, Central Park in Central City.
Leg 8 (Central City ➝ Tetrapolis ➝ Laclede ➝ Whitechapel)
Airdate: December 5, 2015
- Tetrapolis (Lake Laclede)
- Tetrapolis (Firewood Forest)
- Laclede (Chris Kyle Memorial Stadium)
- Whitechapel (Sheepshead Pumpkin Patch or Packard Cattle Farm)
- Whitechapel (John Deere Tractor Services)
- Whitechapel (Cayuga Vista)
At the start of the leg, teams were informed they were to take a warp from the warp room in Central Park to Tetrapolis and find the rainbow colored balloon at Lake Laclede. Upon arrival, teams had encountered the Roadblock, asking "Who wants to enter the colors". One team member entered the red, orange, and yellow forest and search in the glass and wool trees for a chest hidden inside a tree to receive their clue.
Teams then were instructed to make their way to Chris Kyle Memorial Stadium in Laclede. There, teams searched through the stadium for their next clue.
The clue at Laclede was Detour: Patch of Pack, which both made teams travel to Whitechapel's district of Sheapshead. In Patch, teams had to find the pumpkin patch and pick up an axe to break many pumpkins in search of one with a clue underneath. In Pack, teams had to find the Packard Cattle Farmers and search through the pack of cows for one of three renamed cows with the next destination. Both led teams to the John Deere Tractor Services where they were told to pick up a hay bale to bring to the Pit Stop. After, the next clue sent them to the Cayuga Vista, a villa on the west side of Sheapshead for the Pit Stop.
Leg 9 (Whitechapel ➝ West Calbar ➝ Kessler)
Airdate: December 6, 2015
- Whitechapel (Packard Pasture Farm)
- West Calbar (Park Plaza)
- West Calbar (Birchwood Tower)
- Kessler (Kaiser Statue)
- Kessler (Kessler Cathedral)
At the start of the leg, teams were informed to travel along the main road and take a turn once they see a marked tree to find the next clue.
The clue was at the Packard Pasture Farm and was for the first out of three final tasks. Both team members had to enter the Packard Pasture Farm and locate their marked barn. Then, team members had to search the fenced farm around the marked barn for scarecrows with different players on them that correspond to the greeters at each Pit Stop of the race. Also, teams had to order maps of each Pit Stop location and match them with the correct leg. The answers were Just_robinho (Marblegate), Patrick44_LFC (North Haven), chiefbozx (Huntington), _frozen (Fairfax), MinecraftYoshi26 (Wishington-PVP), kekkomatic (Arisa), Frumple (Central City), JohnNotTech (Whitechapel). and Once all heads and maps are placed correctly, teams asked Yoshi to check for their next clue.
Teams were then directed to Park Plaza in West Calbar. Teams then faced their second memory challenge there. Teams had to go to find the Birchwood Tower and order photos given to them in order of when they visited the exact location on the race. There were sixteen correct photos and four incorrect photos. The correct order of photos was the Tower De Eiffel (Saint Roux), DOYKEA (Lakeview), Brickmart (Easest), Lion Square (Airchester), Sesby, Arche De Fairmont (Mason City), Lighthouse (Coronado), The Church of All Religions (Fairfax), FIFA World Cup 2014 Center (MineCity), Inchmuir Space Agency (Inchmuir), Cookie stand (Arisa), Ice Springs Airport, Kenthurst, Base 9 Soliders (Sealane), Hot Air Balloon (Tetrapolis), and John Deere Tractor (Whitechapel). The false images were of Northern Inchmuir, Globe Statue (Achowalogen Takachsin), The Ocean Bar & Grill at Central City, and New Forest Lane Football Stadium (Sealane). After lining them correctly, teams were then directed to go by MRT to Kessler's Kaiser Statue.
At the Kaiser Statue, teams faced their final memory challenge. Teams had to face a field of objects they encountered along the race course. Each team was given sixteen recognizable items from different legs of the Race and had to place the eight specific items, which only one could come from each leg, and they had to collectively match these requirements:
- Three items must be animals or animal by-products.
- Three items must be means of transportation, one of which was used in a Detour.
- One must be a U-Turn.
- Three items must be at a Pit Stop or brought to a Pit Stop, one of which was a block.
Teams had to find the one correct set of items that matched all requirements to receive their clue. The items and corresponding legs were as follows:
- Leg 1 - Pressure plate, Rainbow sheep
- Leg 2 - Minecart, Traffic light banner, U-Turn
- Leg 3 - Raw Salmon
- Leg 4 - Pig, U-Turn
- Leg 5 - Donkey, Slime block, Firework
- Leg 6 - Slime block, Egg
- Leg 7 - Boat, Base 9 solider
- Leg 8 - Cow, Pumpkin, Hay bale
Once correctly completed, they were given their final clue which directed teams to the Finish Line at Kessler Cathedral.