The Amazing Race 6
|The Amazing Race 6|
|Dates||January 7, 2017, January 21, 2017, & January 28, 2017|
|No. of teams||7|
|No. of legs||8|
|Winning team||godzilltrain & mine_man_|
|MRT worlds visited||2|
|Preceded by||The Amazing Race 5|
|Followed by||The Amazing Race 7|
The Amazing Race 6 is the sixth installment of the reality game show The Amazing Race. It featured six teams of two and one team of one in a race around the world for a $10,000 grand prize.
The season premiered on January 7, 2017 and the season finale was held on January 28, 2017.
The season was announced on the Wiki on December 15, 2016 with applications opening a few hours later that day. The starting line was announced to occur on January 7, 2017 on December 23, 2016. After the first session, on the same day, the second session's time was announced to occur on January 21, 2017. After the second session, on the same day, the finale's session time was announced to occur on January 28, 2017.
As seen before in season four, members were allowed to make guesses for the starting city. Each member had a free guess and each guess after costed money. Members were allowed to guess beginning on January 5, 2017. On the same day, a group of people, including godzilltrain, _Kastle, and Narnia17, worked together to guess the starting city correctly, and it was revealed that St. Anna's Anchor Statue was the starting line.
This season spanned 29 cities over two worlds, including first time visits to the New World cities of St. Anna, Lanark, Konawa, Newton-le-Willows, Hallarbor, Vegeta, Xilia, Fort Yaxier, Whiteley, Waverly, and Falloway and the Old World cities of Redstone Valley, Talihina, Audenville, Valgirn, Chack City, and Treplöw.
This season saw the Race's first single U-Turn, where only one team could be U-Turned rather than the previous two.
Applications were announced to be opened on December 17, 2016; however, they opened early on December 15, 2016 and were officially closed on December 23, 2017, a day prior to the start. Before the start, six teams and five singles were on the list to participate in the Race. Out of those teams, four full teams showed up and three singles showed up. As per usual, walk-ins to join the Race on the day were permitted, which allowed VernCow to join. The teams formed on the first day include FredTheTimeLord & VernCow and Cookie46910 & AyyLion. AP_Red had originally had jamess2912 as a partner, but he failed to show up and opted to run alone rather than be paired with a random partner. He was eliminated before jamess2912 joined him.
This season marks the first time that a member from Hong Kong and China has ever participated in any game show.
|Name||Country||Team name & color||Place|
|godzilltrain||United Kingdom||Third Time Lucky||1st place|
|Narnia17||United States of America||Tranquitopiary||2nd place|
|hvt2011||United States of America|
|autobus22||The Netherlands||Derpy_bus22||3rd place|
|Derpy_Melon||United States of America|
|frankbros429||United States of America||Cheese and Lobster||4th place|
|PtldKnight||United States of America|
|Cookie46910||United States of America||CookieLion||5th place|
|AyyLion||United States of America|
|AP_Red||United Kingdom||The Crumpets||6th place|
|FredTheTimeLord||United States of America||Time Traveling Cows||7th place|
|VernCow||Hong Kong, China|
The following teams participated in the Race, each listed along with their placements in each leg and team names. Note that this table is not necessarily reflective of all content due to inclusion or exclusion of some data. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Team||Team Name||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks|
|godzilltrain & mine_man_||Third Time Lucky||1st||1st||2ndƒ||1st||1stε6||1st⊃||1st||1st||mine_man_ 4, godzilltrain 4|
|Narnia17 & hvt2011||Tranquitopiary||5th||6th||4th||2nd||3rd||2nd⋑7||3rd||2nd||Narnia17 5, hvt2011 4|
|autobus22 & Derpy_Melon||Derpy_bus22||2nd||3rd⊃2||3rd||3rd||2ndƒ||3rd⊂8||2nd||3rd||autobus22 5, Derpy_Melon 4|
|frankbros429 & PtldKnight||Cheese and Lobster||7th1||4th||5th||5th3||5th||4th9||4th10||frankbros429 5, PtldKnight 4|
|Cookie46910 & AyyLion||CookieLion||3rd||5th||6th||4th4||4th||5th||Cookie46910 4, AyyLion 4|
|AP_Red||The Crumpets||4th||2nd||1st||6th5||AP_Red 6|
|FredTheTimeLord & VernCow||Time Traveling Cows||6th||7th||FredTheTimeLord 1, VernCow 2|
- A red team placement indicates that the team was eliminated.
- A underlined blue team placement indicates that the team was the last to arrive at a Pit Stop in a non-elimination leg of the race.
- A brown ⊃ or a cyan ⋑ indicates that the team chose to use one of the two U-Turns in a Double U-Turn; ⊂ or ⋐ indicates the team who received it.
- A green ƒ indicates that the team won a Fast Forward. If placed next to a leg number, this indicates that the Fast Forward was available for that leg but not used.
- A purple ε indicates that the team decided to use the Express Pass on that leg.
- 1. ^ frankbros429 & PtldKnight opted to take the 15 minute time penalty for the Roadblock at General Motors, which allowed for FredTheTimeLord & VernCow to bypass them, dropping frankbros429 & PtldKnight from 6th to 7th.
- 2. ^ autobus22 & Derpy_Melon chose to U-Turn mine_man_ & godzilltrain; however, they had already passed the U-Turn board, and was therefore unaffected.
- 3. ^ frankbros429 & PtldKnight opted to take the 15 minute time penalty for the Roadblock at the Church of the Madalene, allowing for autobus22 & Baseball02 to bypass them, dropping frankbros429 & PtldKnight from 3rd to 4th.
- 4. ^ Cookie46910 & AyyLion opted to take the 15 minute time penalty for the Roadblock at King Argon's Crypt. No one passed them and they stayed in 4th.
- 5. ^ AP_Red elected to withdraw from the Race. He traveled to Valgirn with the other teams, but instead of finishing the leg, he had to go and asked to leave the race, resulting in his elimination.
- 6. ^ mine_man_ & godzilltrain used their Express Pass to bypass the Roadblock.
- 7. ^ Narnia17 & hvt2011 chose to U-Turn mine_man_ & godzilltrain; however, they had already passed the U-Turn board, and were therefore unaffected.
- 8. ^ autobus22 & Derpy_Melon opted to take the 10 minute time penalty for the Detour, dropping them from 2nd to 3rd.
- 9. ^ frankbros429 & PtldKnight opted to take the 10 minute time penalty for the Detour, dropping them from 3rd to 4th.
- 10. ^ frankbros429 & PltdKnight had not put carpet on a llama during the Roadblock and frankbros429, who did not do the Roadblock, helped navigate to the Pit Stop, resulting in a 7 minute time penalty. That allowed for Narnia17 & hvt2011 to bypass them, dropping frankbros429 & PltdKnight from 3rd to 4th.
Episode title quotes
Episode titles are often taken as quotes from the racers.
- "A Hundred Clueboxes" -MinecraftYoshi26
- "The Sounds and Sights of Disney" -clue to Roadblock
- "A Minecart To Fly" -autobus22
- "This Isn't A Game Anymore" -Narnia17
- "What's The Point of Airports?" -frankbros429
- "This Is A Nightmare" -mine_man_ & godzilltrain
- "Clickbaiting Me" -Narnia17
- "Everything Goes Wrong" -mine_man_
The prize for each leg is awarded to the first place team for that leg.
- Leg 1 – The Express Pass – an item that can be used during the race to skip any one task of the team's choosing before the sixth leg.
- Leg 2 – A trip for two to Ilirea & $20 each.
- Leg 3 – A trip for two to Saint Roux & $30 each.
- Leg 4 – A trip for two to Arisa & $40 each.
- Leg 5 – A trip for two to Whitechapel & $50 each.
- Leg 6 – A trip for two to Elecna Bay & $60 each.
- Leg 7 – A trip for two to Kessler & $70 each.
- Leg 8 – $10,000.
|Destinations||Air travel Rail travel Water travel Bus travel Helicopter travel Cable car travel|
|Route Markers||Detour Roadblock Fast Forward U-Turn Speed Bump Pit Stop|
|Icons placed after a location indicate the clue was picked up at this location,|
while icons placed before a location indicate that the clue was picked up at a prior location.
Leg 1 (St. Anna ➝ Hummingbird Islands ➝ Lanark ➝ Konawa)
Airdate: January 7, 2017
- St. Anna, New World (Anchor Statue) (Starting Line)
- St. Anna (Blue Lou's Marina)
- St. Anna (Watertaxi Dock) to Hummingbird Islands (Hummingbird Islands Marina)
- Hummingbird Islands (Seaside Apartments)
- Hummingbird Islands (Kiwi's Burger Boutique & Kiwi's Steak)
- Hummingbird Islands (Hummingbird Islands Regional Airport) to Horizon National Airport
- Lanark (Triangular Octahedron)
- Lanark (General Motors)
- Konawa (The Room Where It Happens)
At the Starting Line of The Amazing Race 6, which took place at the Anchor Statue in St. Anna, teams were instructed to make their way to Blue Lou's Marina and search through various clue boxes to find a clue in one of them, which directed teams to take a boat to the Hummingbird Islands.
Upon arrival at the Hummingbird Islands Marina, teams then had to travel to the Seaside Apartments on the main island of Santa Monica. Once there, teams found their first Roadblock, asking "Who has good eyes?". One team member must climb the stairs to the top of the building and search around for the race flag somewhere in the town. Once spotted, the team member must jump off of the building into the bay and travel to the correct shop. Inside the Kiwi's Burger Boutique & Kiwi's Steak, there was a clue box telling teams to fly to Horizon National Airport, and the clue told teams to search the airport's baggage claim for their next clue.
Upon arrival, teams had to search through moving chest minecarts for their next clue. The clue had a link to a picture that directed teams to Lanark's Triangular Octahedron. Upon arrival, teams faced their second Roadblock for the leg, asking "Who's the driver of the team?". The team member who did not do the first Roadblock had to do this one. One team member had to search the General Motors along Wellington Avenue and find a car with a license plate with a clue written on it. The clue led told teams to drive themselves using the B17 to the first Pit Stop, The Room Where It Happens, in Konawa.
Leg 2 (Konawa ➝ Newton-le-Willows ➝ Hallarbor ➝ Vegeta)
Airdate: January 7, 2017
- Konawa (Lillian Disney Amphitheatre)
- Konawa (Great Konawan Pagoda)
- Horizon Junction Station to Newton-le-Willows (Newton Le Willows Station)
- Newton-le-Willows (Town hall)
- Newton-le-Willows (Newton-le-Willows Station (MRT)) to Hallarbor (Hallarbor Station (MRT))
- Hallarbor (Arbor Avenue)
- Hallarbor (Promedar Apartments and 2E Arbor Drive or Spruce Hotel)
- Hallarbor (Mammonas Bank)
- Hallarbor (Hallarbor Station) to Vegeta (T45 Station)
- Vegeta (Friendly Bunny)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to go to the Lillian Disney Amphitheatre, behind the Pit Stop. Once there, teams found the Roadblock asking "Who's ready to hear the sounds and sights of Disney?". One team member had to watch a short firework show and remember as much as possible. Racers had to search the seats for one of several dispensers for a correct firework. Racers had to sit down and watch the first performance, but after the first performance, they could look around for the correct firework. After a certain number of performances, they would be automatically given their clue. The clue direct teams to travel to the Great Konawan Pagoda and search for their clue on the ground floor. The clue there instructed teams to travel back to Horizon National Airport and find the RaiLinQ platform that would take teams to Newton-le-Willows.
Upon arrival at Newton-le-Willows, teams had to find the town hall near the MRT station, where their next clue was awaiting. The clue there told teams to travel by MRT using the uCar speed glitch and travel to Hallarbor.
At Hallarbor, teams were told to search for their clue on Arbor Avenue, right outside the MRT station. Teams faced the Detour: On Your Feet or On A Canvas. In On Your Feet, teams had to travel to the Promedar Apartments and head to the top floor. At the top, teams had to parkour from that rooftop to the 2E Arbor Drive to receive their next clue. In On A Canvas, teams had to travel to the Spruce Hotel. There, teams had to recreate the Hallarbor Municipal Flag banner correctly to receive their next clue. Both Detour options led teams to Mammonas Bank where a U-Turn was found. Teams were then instructed to travel by uCar speed glitching the MRT line to Vegeta and find the the Pit Stop at the Friendly Bunny statue on the east side of the city.
Leg 3 (Vegeta ➝ Alturas ➝ Robin's Hill ➝ Redstone Valley ➝ Cytus ➝ Spawn City)
Airdate: January 7, 2017
- Vegeta (Vegeta City Airfield) to Alturas, Old World (Alturas InterRegional Airport)
- Robin's Hill (Robin's Hill Waterport)
- Redstone Valley (RedMind Headquarters)
- Cytus (Cytus Hotel)
- Spawn City (Harbourfront District - Harbourfront Beach)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to make their way to Vegeta City Airfield and take flights to the Old World, specifically to the town of Alturas. At the airport additionally was the Fast Forward. Teams could take the Fast Forward by going to the Alturas Olympic Stadium and entering. Inside, the Fast Forward clue directed teams to search the stadium, which was filled with dispensers, to find a clue inside. There were thousands of dispensers, so looking through all of them would take too much time, so there was a puzzle aspect to the challenge. The scoreboard read a four digit number of read horizontally and if gone to those coordinates (and add a negative and guess the correct Y-axis value), the dispenser with the one clue would be inside.
Other teams, after landing, were instructed to travel to Robin's Hill and go to the Robin's Hill where they faced the Roadblock, asking "Who's ready to get down and dirty?". The Roadblock was a switchback from the first Roadblock in the test season of the Race. The selected team member had to grab the materials and dive underwater and search near the buoys for clay. The team member must dig up the clay to find a chest with their next clue inside.
The clue led teams to find the RedMind Headquarters in Redstone Valley. The clue there told teams to travel to the location of the second clue box in the race, referring to the Cytus Hotel.
The next clue there was the Detour: Upstairs or Upwards. In Upstairs, teams had to enter the Cytus Hotel and climb the stairs up to various floors to find three heads of players who were in The Mole 5 and place them onto the armor stands at the elimination seats used in that season. Once done, they would receive their next clue. In Upwards, teams had to climb to the top of the ice tree from a ladder on the front of the hotel. After grabbing the given materials of a minecart, dirt, redstone torches, and track, teams would then have had to build from atop the ice tree and allow a minecart to travel continuously from the bottom to the top of the Cytus Hotel. Once on top and connecting it to a dispenser, their next clue would be dispensed. Both Detour options led teams to travel to the Pit Stop located at the starting line of the first Race, Harbourfront Beach at the Harbourfront District of Spawn City.
Leg 4 (Spawn City ➝ Talihina ➝ Audenville ➝ Valgirn)
Airdate: January 21, 2017
- Spawn City (B12 Park)
- Spawn City (Spawn City Bus Station) to Crystal City (Crystal City Transit Hub)
- Talihina (Chruch of the Madalene)
- Audenville (Murder Mystery Vacation Home)
- Valgirn (Arrow in the Knee Inn)
- Valgirn (King Argon's Crypt)
- Valgirn (Shrine of the Eleven)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to make their way to B12 Park. There, teams encountered the Speed Bump, a Route Info, and a Fast Forward. For Cookie46190 & AyyLion, they had to place approximately 50 stairs for seating in the park before continuing on with the race. Teams could take the Fast Forward, which required teams to make their way to the Wall of Signs. The Fast Forward clue there directed teams to search through the over three hundred signs inside for one sign that had a correct code.
Other teams had to take a bus to Crystal City. Once arrived, teams made their way to Talihina and find the Church of the Madalene to receieve their next clue. There, teams would encounter the Roadblock asking, "Who's got the fire in them?". The selected team member must parkour inside the church on magma blocks wearing diamond armor to receive their next clue.
The clue made teams travel to Audenville and find the Murder Mystery Vacation Home.
The next clue had teams walking on a stone brick path to Valgirn and find the Arrow in the Knee Inn. There, teams encountered the second Roadblock for the leg, asking "Who's ready to get cryptic?". The selected team member had to enter King Argon's Crypt and complete part three of the crypt, which was a large maze consisting of caves and ravines. After finding the end, the selected team member must place the redstone torches given at the beginning to get to the exit and get their next clue. The clue was a gold block renamed "N of crypt: Shrine of the 11", referring to the Shrine of the Eleven north of the crypt, where the Pit Stop was.
Leg 5 (Valgirn ➝ Kenthurst ➝ Xilia ➝ Sealane)
Airdate: January 21, 2017
- Scotstounhill (Scotstounhill Airfield) to Kenthurst, New World (Kenthurst Aerodrome)
- Kenthurst (BnL Regional Headquarters) and Union of Central Western Territories International Airport
- Xilia (Republic Square - City Hall)
- Xilia (Farming Tower or Mayoral Tower)
- Sealane (New Forest Lane)
- Sealane (World Trade Center)
- Sealane (Southgate Rail Station)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to walk back via the stone brick path and take flights from Scotstounhill Airfield to Kenthurst Aerodrome. Upon arrival in Kenthurst, teams could take the Fast Forward. Teams would have to travel to the BnL Regional Headquarters and take a warp to the top. There, teams would then have to ride a minecart with a speed boost and fly it to Union of Central Western Territories International Airport. Both team members must land on the runway on the same turn. If any team member misses, they both must travel back to the BnL Regional Headquarters to try again.
Other teams traveled to Xilia and had to search for City Hall for their next clue, which was a Detour: Bake or Fate. In Bake, teams had to make their way to the Farming Tower and get the ingredients to bake a cake to receive their next clue. In Fate, teams had to make their way to the Mayoral Tower and climb to the top and jump off into a small water area to receive their next clue.
Both Detours led teams to travel to Sealane and find New Forest Lane, a stadium. Upon arrival, teams encountered the Roadblock, asking "Who's the most observant?". The selected team member had to enter the stadium and search for their next clue. The clue only said to search inside the stadium and grass was breakable. The grass and shovels were a red herring, because a large billboard was looming over the stadium with a yellow and red Catronics ad that had certain letters and numbers highlighted in gray. It spelled out "SEALANE 9/11" if correctly unscrambled. Under the grass was a few books that also stated to look up at the ad as well. The message referred to the World Trade Center in Sealane. There, a clue led teams to the Southgate Rail Station for the Pit Stop.
Leg 6 (Sealane ➝ Fort Yaxier ➝ Whiteley ➝ Waverly)
Airdate: January 21, 2017
- Union of Central Western Territories International Airport to Fort Yaxier (Fort Yaxier Airfield)
- Fort Yaxier (The Japanese Garden)
- Fort Yaxier (Yaxier Exhibition Center)
- Fort Yaxier (Exhibition Road) to Whiteley (Whiteley Coach Terminal)
- Whiteley (Northcliffe Cathedral)
- Whiteley (Whiteley Aerodrome) to Espil (Espil Ecilidae Airport)
- Waverly (Parliament Town Hall)
- Waverly (cal76's house and Waverly Theatre or Riverend Theatre)
- Waverly (Cider Farm)
- Waverly (Western Casino)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to take a flight from Union of Central Western Territories International Airport to Fort Yaxier. Upon landing, teams had to make their way to The Japanese Garden to find the Roadblock and a Speed Bump. For frankbros429 and PtldKnight, they had to shoot six ender crystals off of the edges of a pagoda located in the park before continuing with the race. The Roadblock asked "Who knows how to copy?". The selected team member had to enter Yaxier Exhibition Center and use provided materials to copy a small boat during the Studio Ghibli exhibition to receive their next clue.
The next clue told teams to take a bus to Whiteley and travel to the Northcliffe Cathedral. Once there, teams take a lever and their next clue. The clue instructed teams to take a flight from Whiteley Aerodrome to Espil Ecilidae Airport.
Upon landing, teams would immediately leave Espil and travel to Waverly and find the Parliament Town Hall. There, teams had to use the lever from Whiteley to open a chest to receive their next clue, which was a Detour: Lead or Launch. For both Detours, teams had to travel to a certain set of coordinates. In Lead, teams had to find cal76's house and lead a pig into a boat that would be placed on frozen canals. Teams would then have to direct their boat with pigs in them through the slippery canals to the Waverly Theatre and ride back to receive their next clue. If a pig died, a new pig would have been needed to be retrieved from the start. In Launch, teams had to travel to the Riverend Theatre to replicate a firework to receive their next clue. Both Detour options led teams to find the Cider Farm to find the U-Turn, which had a clue that directed teams to the Western Casino for the Pit Stop.
Leg 7 (Waverly ➝ Daneburg ➝ Falloway ➝ Zicronia ➝ Chuno ➝ Chack City)
Airdate: January 28, 2017
- Daneburg (BKT Factory)
- Falloway (Sewers and Brews of Yesteryear or The Shady Corner, The Brown Banner, and The Redcoat Tavern)
- Falloway (Falloway Airport) to Zicronia, Old World (Zicronia Anaconda Regional Airport)
- Zicronia (Zicronia Bus Station) to Quartz City (Bus station)
- Chuno (Fire Station)
- Chack City (Chack City National Park)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to travel to the BKT Factory in Daneburg. Upon arrival, teams had to search the factory for a clue box inside.
The clue inside was the Detour: Sewer Crawl or Pub Crawl. Both Detour options had teams traveling to Falloway. In Sewer Crawl, teams had to travel to a certain entrance of the Falloway sewer system and traverse the maze-like sewers for a hidden exit with a clue box containing their next clue. In Pub Crawl, teams had to travel to three pubs in the Falloway Pub Crawl: The Shady Corner, The Brown Banner, and The Redcoat Tavern. At each location was a chest with a renamed piece of paper to a letter. The letters, if arranged correctly, spelled FWY, the abbreviation for Falloway Airport. Both clues told teams to the airport where they took an unknown flight to the Old World.
The flight took teams to Zicronia Anaconda Regional Airport. After stepping out of the plane, teams found a clue that instructed them to take a bus out of Zicronia to Quartz City and travel on foot to Chuno to find the fire station.
At the fire station in Chuno, teams encountered the Roadblock, asking "Who can lead a train?". The selected team member had to head to the back of the fire station and place their team's colored carpet upon three llamas. Then, the team member had to use one lead to pull a train of llamas. The team member who was not participating in this Roadblock had to sit on the front llama and not offer any guidance. The llamas had to be led to the Pit Stop at Chack City National Park.
Leg 8 (Chack City ➝ Treplöw ➝ MineCity ➝ Inchmuir)
Airdate: January 28, 2017
- Treplöw (Treplöw Labs)
- MineCity (Redstone Museum)
- MineCity (Taj Mahal Stadium)
- Inchmuir (Inchmuir Spaceport)
- Inchmuir (Mt. Silver)
At the start of the leg, teams were told to travel to Treplöw and find the Treplöw Labs to receive their next clue. There, teams faced their first memory challenge. Teams had to correctly remember the modes of transportation used in each leg and match each set of transpiration with the correct leg number. When correct, teams would receive their next clue.
The next clue directed teams to travel to the Redstone Museum in MineCity south of the bus station. There, teams faced their second memory challenge. Teams had to correctly identify which structure appeared at each Roadblock they encountered along the race course. To receive their next clue, teams had to correctly put the labels in the correct order: a glass Race flag (Hummingbird Islands), a car (Lanark), a cabin (Konawa), a buoy (Robin's Hill), a cross (Talihina), a line of chests (Valgirn), a goal (Sealane), a boat (Fort Yaxier), and a fire station door (Chuno). The next clue led teams to the Taj Mahal Stadium in northern MineCity.
There, teams had faced their final memory challenge. Teams had to travel north to the Inchmuir Spaceport where they found a large bedrock box. Inside, teams could break anything and had to craft items that were used by racers specifically on the race specified by a board inside. Teams had to search, craft, smelt, and read signs to find all the items that they needed to complete this task. The acceptable items were as follows:
|Leg 1||Chest minecart|
|Leg 2 Detour||Banner|
|Leg 3 Roadblock||Potion, Clay block|
|Leg 4 Roadblock #1||Magma block|
|Leg 4 Roadblock #2||Gold block, Redstone torch|
|Leg 5 Detour||Cake|
|Leg 6 Detour||Firework, Boat (both were needed)|
|Leg 7 Roadblock||Carpet, Lead|
When all items placed were correct, teams would receive their final clue that sent them to Mt. Silver in Inchmuir's residential district for the Pit Stop.