The Amazing Race 9
|The Amazing Race 9|
|Dates||July 1, 2018, July 7, 2018, July 14, 2018, & July 28, 2018|
|No. of teams||10|
|No. of legs||9|
|Winning team||AyyLion & Cookie46910|
|MRT worlds visited||2|
|Preceded by||The Amazing Race 8|
|Followed by||The Amazing Race 10|
The season premiered on July 1, 2018 and the season finale was held on July 28, 2018.
- 1 Production
- 2 Results
- 3 Episode title quotes
- 4 Prizes
- 5 Race summary
- 5.1 Leg 1 (Quiris ➝ Stoneedge ➝ PMW City ➝ Vegeta ➝ Spring Valley)
- 5.2 Leg 2 (Spring Valley ➝ West Calbar ➝ Whitechapel ➝ Cornus ➝ Segville ➝ Formosa ➝ Palatium)
- 5.3 Leg 3 (Palatium ➝ Evella ➝ Waverly ➝ New Rosemont)
- 5.4 Leg 4 (New Rosemont ➝ Whiteley ➝ Schillerton ➝ Murrville ➝ Victoria)
- 5.5 Leg 5 (Victoria ➝ Elecna Bay ➝ Tranquil Forest ➝ Kantō)
- 5.6 Leg 6 (Kantō ➝ Amberstone)
- 5.7 Leg 7 (Amberstone ➝ Mason City ➝ Hummingbird Islands ➝ New Acreadium ➝ Chalxior)
- 5.8 Leg 8 (Chalxior ➝ Marblegate ➝ Saint Roux ➝ San Reinoldi)
- 5.9 Leg 9 (San Reinoldi ➝ Dabecco ➝ Cyra ➝ Arisa ➝ Ravenna ➝ Verdantium)
The season was announced on the wiki on May 22, 2018. It was stated that it would occur during Summer 2018 when the season was announced as well. Applications opened on May 26, 2018. The starting line was announced to occur on July 1, 2018. After an announcement was announced on Discord regarding the future of this season after the blunders in the first two legs, it was announced that the second session would take place on July 7, 2018. During the second session, it was announced that the third session would take place on July 14, 2018. On July 15, 2018, the fourth session was announced to take place on the July 21, 2018, before it was moved to July 28, 2018 a few minutes after the first date was announced.
As seen before in seasons four, six, seven, and eight, members were allowed to make guesses for the starting city. Each member had a free guess and each guess after costed money. Members were allowed to guess starting on June 2, 2018. A few minutes after it opened, Vulpicula guessed the starting city correctly, and it was revealed that Quiris' Edelfort Citadel would be the starting line.
This season spanned 41 cities over at least one world, with first-time visits to the New World cities of the Stoneedge, PMW City, Cornus, Palatium, Evella, New Rosemont, Schillerton, Murrville, Victoria, Tranquil Forest, Kantō, New Acreadium, Chalxior, Dabecco, and Verdantium. Additionally, this season is the second time that the show has visited other servers than the MRT. New servers visited include Mundo Minecraft and Kottcraft, which were both visited in Fast Forwards. For the first time in the show's history, teams visited cities fully in Epsilon terrain. Furthermore, this season was the first season to have a finish line in Epsilon terrain.
Alongside the announcement of the season, it was announced that this season would be the first to feature the Dead End.
For the first time, there was a form opened on May 23, 2018 where members could submit city and locations suggestions to be visited. The form closed a few days later.
On June 21, 2018, it was announced that the prizes this season would be different than before, and that at least one of the prizes would be an airplane gate.
This season was the first game show where the premiere occurred on a Sunday for the Americas and European time zones.
For the first time since season zero, a leg, specifically leg two, was stopped. This occurred on July 1, 2018. Because of problem of teams being too far apart and some vague clues, future legs were made easier.
Due to a lack of time and crew to be there at the beginning of the third session, a Detour in Elecna Bay was turned into a Route Info clue right before the third session began.
Applications opened on May 26, 2018 and were officially closed on June 16, 2018. Before the start day, 12 teams and one single were on the list to participate in the Race. Out of those teams, eight full teams, one single, and two halves of teams showed up. The only new team formed on the first day was Baseball02 & FredTheTimeLord. On the day of the start, godzilltrain & mine_man_ and _Kastle & KittyCat11231 had split and merged due to some scheduling conflicts, creating the team KittyCat11231 & mine_man_. Similarly, MaxStewartS & BernCow and Xeneth & SirNatureWriter had split and merged due to some scheduling conflicts, creating the team MaxStewartS & SirNatureWriter.
|Name||Country||Team name & color||Place|
|AyyLion||United States of America||Title Quote||1st place|
|Cookie46910||United States of America|
|autobus22||The Netherlands||Endless Squabbles||2nd place|
|PtldKnight||United States of America|
|KittyCat11231||United States of America||Team Ditched||3rd place|
|hvt2011||United States of America||BluBombs||4th place|
|MikeRoma||United States of America||Team Paper Planes||5th place|
|SkyjumperTalon||United States of America|
|Baseball02||United States of America||FredTheBaseball||6th place|
|FredTheTimeLord||United States of America|
|MindBender15||United States of America||RedBender||7th place|
|woorich999||United States of America||sesese999||8th place|
|sesese9||United States of America|
|MaxStewartS||United States of America||Foobar||9th place|
|SirNatureWriter||United States of America|
|CyAmethyst||Canada||The Cyan Wolves||10th place|
|CoolWolfPower||United States of America|
The following teams participated in the Race, each listed along with their placements in each leg and team names as identified by the program. Note that this table is not necessarily reflective of all content due to inclusion or exclusion of some data. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Team||Team Name||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks|
|AyyLion & Cookie46910||Title Quote||9th2||7th8||5th||6th⊂||4th||5th||4th||1stƒ||1st||AyyLion 3, Cookie46910 3|
|autobus22 & PtldKnight||Endless Squabbles||3rd||2nd||3rd||3rdX⊃||5th12||1stƒ||2nd||3rd||2nd||autobus22 4, PtldKnight 2|
|KittyCat11231 & mine_man_||Team Ditched||1st||1st5||1st||2nd||1st||2nd⊃13||1st||2nd||3rd||KittyCat11231 3, mine_man_ 4|
|hvt2011 & megascatterbomb||BluBombs||2nd||3rd6||2nd||1stƒ||2nd||4th⋑||3rd||4th||hvt2011 3, megascatterbomb 3|
|MikeRoma & SkyjumperTalon||Team Paper Planes||5th||5th7||4th||4thX⋑||3rd||3rd||5th||MikeRoma 314, SkyjumperTalon 214|
|Baseball02 & FredTheTimeLord||FredTheBaseball||6th||6th9||6th||5thX||6th||6th⋐||Baseball02 3, FredTheTimeLord 2|
|MindBender15 & Red_Ray||RedBender||7th3||8th||7th||7th⋐||MindBender15 110, Red_Ray 110|
|woorich999 & sesese9||sesese999||4th1||4th||8th11||woorich999 1, sesese9 0|
|MaxStewartS & SirNatureWriter||Foobar||8th||9th||MaxStewartS 010, SirNatureWriter 010|
|CyAmethyst & CoolWolfPower||The Cyan Wolves||10th||CyAmethyst 0, CoolWolfPower 0|
- A red team placement indicates that the team was eliminated.
- A underlined blue team placement indicates that the team was the last to arrive at a Pit Stop in a non-elimination leg of the race.
- A green ƒ indicates that the team won a Fast Forward.
- A brown ⊃ or a cyan ⋑ indicates that the team chose to use one of the two U-Turns in a Double U-Turn; ⊂ or ⋐ indicates the team who received it
- An orange X indicates that the team chose the wrong path in a Dead End. If placed next to a leg number, this indicates that none of the teams chose the wrong path.
- 1. ^ woorich999 landed on the chest at Rhyl Port and thus received a 10 minute time penalty, allowing other teams to pass them, dropping woorich999 & sesese9 from 3rd to 4th.
- 2. ^ AyyLion & Cookie46910 opted to be teleported to the exit for the A8 in Vegeta, resulting in a 20 minute time penalty, allowing other teams to pass them, dropping them from 6th to 9th.
- 3. ^ Red_Ray landed on the chest at Rhyl Port and thus received a 10 minute time penalty. Nobody passed them and they stayed in 7th.
- 4. ^ The leg was stopped before all teams had checked into the Pit Stop due to production issues. The placements of teams after 5th place were based on each teams' position on the course.
- 5. ^ KittyCat11231 & mine_man_ were forced to take a 10 minute time penalty due to failing to complete the Roadblock under the allotted amount of attempts. Nobody passed them and they stayed in 1st.
- 6. ^ hvt2011 & megascatterbomb opted to take the 20 minute time penalty for the Roadblock, allowing other teams to pass them, dropping them from 2nd to 3rd.
- 7. ^ MikeRoma & SkyjumperTalon opted to take the 20 minute time penalty for the Roadblock, allowing other teams to pass them, dropping them from 4th to 5th.
- 8. ^ AyyLion & Cookie46910 were forced to take a 10 minute time penalty due to failing to complete the Roadblock under the allotted amount of attempts. This did not affect their placement as the leg was stopped before they could reach the Pit Stop.
- 9. ^ Baseball02 & FredTheTimeLord were forced to take a 10 minute time penalty due to failing to complete the Roadblock under the allotted amount of attempts. This did not affect their placement as the leg was stopped before they could reach the Pit Stop.
- 10. ^ a b c d MindBender15 & Red_Ray and MaxStewartS & SirNatureWriter had not reached the Roadblock before the leg was stopped. The Roadblock count reflects this.
- 11. ^ woorich999 & sesese9 opted to take the 20 minute time penalty for the Roadblock. This did not affect their placement nor was issued as all other teams had checked in.
- 12. ^ autobus22 & PtldKnight had taken a train from Elecna Bay to Tranquil Forest instead of driving themselves as specified, thus incurring a 15 minute time penalty for breaking a rule and an additional 5 minute time penalty since it was faster mode of transportation by such time. It allowed other teams to pass them, dropping them from 3rd to 5th.
- 13. ^ KittyCat11231 & mine_man_ chose to U-Turn autobus22 & PtldKnight; however, they had already passed the U-Turn board, and were therefore unaffected.
- 14. ^ All the teams had checked in and MikeRoma & SkyjumperTalon were eliminated in the Hummingbird Islands before reaching the Roadblock in leg 7.
Episode title quotes
Episode titles are often taken as quotes from the racers.
- "Turn Me Into Pepperoni" -CyAmethyst
- "Cheat The System" -AyyLion
- "Your Offering Is Acceptable" - LDShadowLord, banner checker (non-racer)
- "It Looks So Right, But It Feels So Wrong" -KittyCat11231
- "You're Lucky You Didn't Hear That" -hvt2011
- "Off Into The Distance He Goes, Never To Return" -megascatterbomb
- "How Was Atlantis Built?" -clue to Roadblock
- "Metaphysical Embodiments" -KittyCat11231
- "Who Thought Vanna White Would Win The Amazing Race?" -AyyLion
The prize for each leg is awarded to the first place team for that leg.
- Leg 1 – One Forest Mini-Golf course each.
- Leg 2 – One helicopter gate at Norwest Airfield.
- Leg 3 – One airplane gate at Vermilion Gateway Airport.
- Leg 4 – One airplane gate at Mason City International Airport.
- Leg 5 – One airplane gate at Radiance Square International Airport.
- Leg 6 – One airplane gate at Epsilon International Airport.
- Leg 7 – One airplane gate at Mason City International Airport.
- Leg 8 – One airplane gate at Segville International.
- Leg 9 – $10,000.
|Destinations||Air travel Rail travel Water travel Bus travel|
|Route Markers||Detour Roadblock Fast Forward U-Turn Dead End Speed Bump Pit Stop|
Leg 1 (Quiris ➝ Stoneedge ➝ PMW City ➝ Vegeta ➝ Spring Valley)
Airdate: July 1, 2018
- Quiris, New World, MRT (Edelfort Citadel) (Starting Line)
- Quiris (Rhyl Port)
- Stoneedge (Forestus-BNP Cable Car)
- Stoneedge (Bluebell National Park - Tacurger Shack)
- PMW City (Pine Mountain)
- PMW City (Pine Mountain Airfield) to Vegeta (Vegeta City Airfield)
- Vegeta (Harlton Square)
- Vegeta (Vegetus Arcade - Laundryy and Vegetus Fabrics or Vegeta Grand Canal)
- Spring Valley (The Quartz Spire)
- Spring Valley (The Summit - Spring Peak)
At the Starting Line of The Amazing Race 9, which took place at Edelfort Citadel in Quiris, teams were given no materials and had to search the citadel for a Canadian flag, since the Race began on Canada Day. Once the team found a flag, they would have to break it and give it to a person waiting where they gave them a shulker box with their supplies and their next clue. Teams were instructed to travel north to Rhyl Port. There, teams were instructed to climb cranes to jump off and grab a clue from a hanging chest for one that had a clue in it while falling. Teams were not allowed to land the chest and had to jump off immediately if they did so.
The next clue directed teams to head back into Quiris and then drive westwards to Stoneedge and find an arrow along the road to find the Forestus-BNP Cable Car to which they had to take to get Bluebell National Park and find the Tacurger Shack. Teams were then instructed to travel west to the Pine Mountain area in PMW City.
In PMW City, teams had to find their clue by climbing the actual Pine Mountain. Teams were then told to take a flight to Vegeta.
Once in Vegeta, teams had to find Harlton Square to receive their next square, where they faced the Detour: Dyed or Inked. In Dyed, teams had to make their way to the Vegetus Arcade and find the Laundryy and find the pieces of clothing in item frames inside the machines. Then, teams had to travel to the Vegeta Fabrics store and choose two of the matching clothes. When deemed correct by the attendant, they received a shirt renamed their next clue. In Inked, teams had to make their way to the Vegeta Grand Canal and search the marked area of the canal filled with squids for one named their next clue. Both Detours directed teams to drive themselves to Spring Valley.
In Spring Valley, teams had to find The Quartz Spire. There, teams were instructed to look around from The Quartz Spire to find the first Pit Stop, Spring Peak, atop a mountain by looking for a hanging wool flag.
Leg 2 (Spring Valley ➝ West Calbar ➝ Whitechapel ➝ Cornus ➝ Segville ➝ Formosa ➝ Palatium)
Airdate: July 1, 2018
- Spring Valley (TrailWays Transit System Bus Hub) to West Calbar (Whitechapel Downs Bus Terminal)
- Whitechapel (Birchwood Heights Farms)
- Whitechapel (Flower patches)
- Whitechapel (Moscone Woolery or John Deere Tractor Services)
- Cornus (Cornus Information Hill)
- Cornus (3 Howard Street) (Not visited)
- Cornus (Steno Factory)
- Cornus (Central District - Bus Station) to Segville (Bus Depot)
- Segville (Segville Lake Park)
- Segville (Segville International) to Formosa
- Formosa (League of Cities General Assembly Building)
- Formosa (Formosa Station or Formosa Western Station or M6 Station) to Palatium (M9 Station)
- Palatium (Cassandra's Dome)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to make their way by bus to Whitechapel and find the Birchwood Heights Farms. There, teams had to pick up tamed horses and use them to travel to the flower fields in the Sheepshead District of Whitechapel. Once there, teams faced the Detour: Slider or Mechanic. In Slider, teams traveled to the Moscone Woolery and had to boat an ice course. If they got out of their boat or decide to abandon their boat, they had to go to the beginning and start over. At the end of the course, teams received their next clue once both team members crossed the finish line. In Mechanic, teams traveled to the John Deere Tractor Services and rebuild a tractor to receive their next clue. There were only spots for the first teams at this side of the Detour.
Both Detours instructed teams to drive themselves to Cornus. Upon arrival, teams had to make their way to Cornus Information Hill, where teams faced the first Dead End. Teams were asked "What type of armor was your horse wearing in Whitechapel?". Teams were given the choice of Diamond or Iron. If teams chose Diamond, teams headed down the wrong path and were told to travel west and find the home of the Mole, referring to sesese9’s house where they were instructed to head back. If teams chose Iron, teams continued on the correct path and had to find the nearby Steno Factory.
Teams were then instructed to travel by bus to Segville and find Segville Lake Park. There, teams had to figure out that their clue was in a chest on a small marked boat in the lake in the park.
Teams then had to take a train from Segville International to Formosa Northern and then travel to the headquarters of the League of Cities, where teams faced the Roadblock, asking "YEA or NAY?". The selected team member had to enter the main voting chamber and have cities and their votes called out. The team member had to flick the votes on corresponding to their seat to the correct position indicated by the votes being called out. Team members had the time during the votes being called out and an additional 60 seconds after to have their answers finalized. If correct, teams received their next clue. If incorrect, teams had to try again and wait in a queue if there was one. If teams used all of their four attempts, they would receive a 10 minute time penalty and be given their next clue.
Teams' next clue told them to travel by train from Formosa to M9 station, Palatium. Once there, teams were told to make their way to the northwestern part of the city and find Cassandra’s Dome in the water for the Pit Stop.
Leg 3 (Palatium ➝ Evella ➝ Waverly ➝ New Rosemont)
Airdate: July 7, 2018
- Evella (Evella Expo Center - Expo Mountain)
- Evella (Evella Expo Center - Expo-2 Events Hall)
- Evella (Evella Expo Center - Expo-7 Events Hall)
- Waverly (Waverly Park)
- Waverly (Unfinished buildings)
- Waverly (Docks) to New Rosemont (Forest Park Ferry Docks)
- New Rosemont (The Rainbow Quarter)
- New Rosemont (Mision de la Gran Santa Rosa)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to make their way south by wooden boat to Evella and find the Expo Mountain in the Evella Expo Center complex, which was currently holding the Evella Expo. It directed teams to find the Expo-2 Events Hall where teams had to find and remember a marked banner to find its pair in the Expo-7 Events Hall to receive their next clue.
The clue directed teams to make their way parking lot and drive themselves by following Race flags to Waverly Park. There, teams faced the Roadblock, stating "The scale of this Roadblock is transparent." The selected team member had to pick up ladders and stained glass panes to repair a set of their numbered windows to receive their next clue.
Teams were then instructed to travel to the opposite side of Waverly and take a boat to New Rosemont and search The Rainbow Quarter in the Old Town District for their next clue, which directed them to the Pit Stop at the Mision de la Gran Santa Rosa.
Leg 4 (New Rosemont ➝ Whiteley ➝ Schillerton ➝ Murrville ➝ Victoria)
Airdate: July 7, 2018
- New Rosemont (Dock 7 - WMB Dock) to Whiteley (Hinkley Port)
- Whiteley (Whiteley City Olympia Stadium)
- Ylitrhin, Mundo, Mundo Minecraft (Catedral del Sol Durmiente and Castillo)
- Whiteley (Lake Quins or Gregg Fyfe's Fish & Chips)
- Whiteley (Otley Hill Summit)
- Schillerton (Eugster Park)
- Schillerton (Fort Schiller Trading Post)
- Schillerton (GreenLife Travel)
- Schillerton (Schillerton Sayles Hill Airfield) to Murrville (Murrville Regional Airport)
- Murrville (Diverse Tree)
- Murrville (Premier Plaza and Jasper Beach)
- Murrville (Murrville Waterport) to Victoria (Second Defrost Point)
- Victoria (Defrosted IV Monument Visitor Center)
- Victoria (Fort Preston)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to find the dock that had the WMB boats to take it to Whiteley and travel to the nearby Whiteley City Olympia Stadium. Once there, teams faced the Detour: Lost in Translation or Lost at Sea. In Lost in Translation, teams must make their way to the center of Whiteley and find Lake Quins. There, teams had to translate a phrase from pirate speak, celebrated in Whiteley during Talk like a Pirate Day. Teams had to dive into the lake to find the translations in lake inside shulker boxes to translate a quote from Henry Van Dyke into English to receive their next clue. In Lost at Sea, teams had to make their way to the Gregg Fyfe's Fish & Chips and were given a menu. Teams had to dive into the ocean and, using provided tools, and break inside clay fish to find the products necessary to cook the items specified on the menu. Once all items on the menu were made, teams received their next clue. Also at Whiteley City Olympia Stadium, teams found the Fast Forward. The Fast Forward instructed teams to travel to the server of Mundo Minecraft and warp to the city of Ylitrhin. Once there, teams had to find the Catedral del Sol Durmiente and look around for a clue at a nearby location and travel there to win the Fast Forward. Both Detour options led to Otley Hill Summit to find a Double Blind U-Turn.
Teams were then instructed to travel to Schillerton and find Eugster Park, where teams faced the second Dead End. Teams were asked "What was the number of the dock that you took from New Rosemont to Whiteley?". Teams were given the choice of Dock 7 or Dock 8. If teams chose Dock 8, teams headed down the wrong path and were told to travel to the top of the nearby hill to find the Fort Schiller Trading Post where they were instructed to head back. If teams chose Dock 7, teams continued on the correct path and had to search the shops lining the northern Riverfront Court for their next clue.
The next clue directed teams to fly from Schillerton Sayles Hill Airfield to Murrville Regional Airport and find the Diverse Tree. There, teams faced the Roadblock, asking "Who's the premier team member?". The selected team member had to make their way to Premier Plaza and memorize the builds. Then, they had to travel to Jasper Beach and search amongst the builds for one that was an exact replica of one of them. Once the chosen one was correct, teams received their next clue. If incorrect, teams had to tear down the structure before guessing again.
After the Roadblock, teams were directed to take a boat to Victoria and find the Defrosted IV Monument Visitor Center, where they were then directed to traverse undeveloped terrain to find the Pit Stop, Fort Preston, on an island east of the main city.
Leg 5 (Victoria ➝ Elecna Bay ➝ Tranquil Forest ➝ Kantō)
Airdate: July 14, 2018
- Victoria (Second Defrost Point) to Elecna Bay (Elecna Bay Seaport)
- Elecna Bay (Cacti Grand Hill Park)
- Elecna Bay (Olympic Park - Boat course start)
- Tranquil Forest (Hvt's Arcade)
- Tranquil Forest (Tranquil Forest Airfield) to Kantō (Kantō Airfield)
- Kantō (State Residence)
- Kantō (Department of Military)
- Kantō (Ghibli Museum)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to travel by boat to Elecna Bay and find Cacti Hill Grand Park on the northern side of the city. Then, teams had to travel to the Olympic Park. There, teams had to make their way to the boat course starting area and boat the course to search clue boxes along the way for one with their next clue.
Teams were then instructed to fly to Kantō and find the State Residence for their next clue. There, teams faced the Roadblock, asking "Who can raise the flag?". The selected team member had to make their way to the Department of Military building and grab supplies to correctly arrange banners to replicate a large version of the flag of the Republic of Formosa. Once the flag was made correctly, teams were directed to the Ghibli Museum for the Pit Stop.
Leg 6 (Kantō ➝ Amberstone)
Airdate: July 14, 2018
- Kantō (Kantō Airfield) to Newport, Realiste, Amberstone (Aéroport International de Newport)
- Rochelieux (Statue du Dieu VieuxFermier)
- Altéa (Auberge au Bon Vent)
- Altéa (Crop fields)
- Okazaki (Ramenox)
- Getsukara (Gotoko-jii)
- Getsukara (Jedfu)
- Ketsuaro (Ketsuaro Temple)
At the start of the leg, teams had to travel to the server of Amberstone and go to the town of Rochelieux on the world of Fantasie. There, teams had to find the Statue du Dieu VieuxFermier. For Baseball02 & FredTheTimeLord, they first had to find a ship in Rochelieux and turn on the light on the ship for their Speed Bump.There, teams were directed to the town of Altéa on the same island and find Auberge au Bon Vent for their next clue. The Fast Forward told teams to warp to the town of Alsahra and search the town for race-colored canopies for one with a clue underneath it. Teams found the Roadblock, asking "Who's the cream of the crop?". The selected team member must search the crop fields using a provided map for a marked spot for their next clue.
Teams were then instructed to warp to the town of Okazaki and find the restaurant of Ramenox for their next clue. There, teams were directed to travel by foot and follow the marked path west to the city of Getsukara.
At Getsukara, teams were directed to Gotoko-jii. There, teams faced the Detour: In Japan or On Japan. In In Japan, teams had to complete a stained glass maze stylized with the Japanese flag for their next clue. In On Japan, teams had to complete barrier block parkour marked with Japanese flags to receive their next clue. Both Detours directed teams to find a junk in the middle of the body of water, west, for the Double U-Turn.
Teams were then directed to travel farther south to the Pit Stop, the Ketsuaro Temple in Ketsuaro.
Leg 7 (Amberstone ➝ Mason City ➝ Hummingbird Islands ➝ New Acreadium ➝ Chalxior)
Airdate: July 28, 2018
- Newport, Realiste, Amberstone (Aéroport International de Newport) to Mason City, New World, MRT (Mason City International Airport)
- Mason City (Brentworth Lumberyard)
- Mason City (Arc de Fairmont) (Not visited)
- Mason City (The Library Inn)
- Hummingbird Islands (Huntington Beach)
- Hummingbird Islands (Volcano San Buenaventura or Rabbit Island)
- Hummingbird Islands (Hummingbird Islands Regional Airport) to New Acreadium (Schiphol International Airport) via Epsilon International Airport or Union of Central Western Territories International Airport
- New Acreadium (The Lighthouse)
- New Acreadium (New Acreadium Hofplein Station) to Chalxior (Chalxior Station)
- Chalxior (Fultibower Garden)
At the start of the leg, teams headed back to the MRT and landed at Mason City International Airport and had to find the Brentworth Lumberyard, where they found the third Dead End. Teams were asked “During which leg did you have to follow Race flags along a road? Teams were given the choice of Leg 3 or Leg 4. If teams chose Leg 4, teams headed down the wrong path and were told to find the Arc de Fairmont where they were instructed to head back. If teams chose Leg 3, teams continued on the correct path and had to make their way to the Library Inn nearby the MRT station.
Teams were then directed to travel north to the Hummingbird Islands and find Huntington Beach, where teams faced the Detour: In The Flames or In The Fields. In In The Flames, teams had to make their way to the Volcano San Buenaventura and use the provided fire resistance potions to find 20 clueboxes on the sides of the volcano for one clue box containing their next clue. In In The Fields, teams had to make their way to Rabbit Island and search through 97 rabbits for two rabbits, each renamed with half of the clue. Both renamed rabbits together created their next clue. Both Detours directed teams to fly from Hummingbird Islands Regional Airport to New Acreadium via Epsilon International Airport or Union of Central Western Territories International Airport.
At New Acreadium, teams had to find The Lighthouse where they faced the Roadblock, asking "How was Atlantis built?". The selected team member had to use provided items and replicate a structure underwater in a designated area. Once exactly correct, they received their next clue.
Teams were then instructed to travel by train from New Acreadium Hofplein Station to Chalxior and find the Fultibower Garden for the Pit Stop.
Leg 8 (Chalxior ➝ Marblegate ➝ Saint Roux ➝ San Reinoldi)
Airdate: July 28, 2018
- Chalxior (Chalxior Grand Library)
- Teleborg, Stadsvärlden, Kottcraft (Till Masken)
- Chalxior (Chalxior Femtoprism Airfield) to Marblelake Heathrow International Airport
- Marblegate (Diorite Park)
- Marblegate (Old Rashford or Waterloo Park and Boche Blanche)
- Saint Roux (Parc Liberté)
- Saint Roux (Cosmo Element Vanadium Theatre and legete! Books & Maps)
- San Reinoldi (Parque Retiro)
- San Reinoldi (Viana do Castello - Castello)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to find the Chalxior Grand Library. Then, teams had to fly to Marblelake Heathrow International Airport and head to Marblegate and find Diorite Park to receive their next clue. The Fast Forward directed teams to the Swedish server of Kottcraft and warp to a parkour challenge to which they must go to at least the y-level of 70 to win the Fast Forward.
At Diorite Park in Marblegate, teams faced the Detour: Find The Fake or Spot The Style. In Find The Fake, teams had to make their way to Old Rashford and enter the stadium to search the field amongst an array of real shulkers for a shulker box containing their next clue. In Spot The Style, teams had to make their way to Waterloo Park and find a person wearing an outfit. Then, teams had to go to Boche Blanche, a store in the west side of Marblegate, and find the matching clothing items and present them to the person in the park. If correct, teams received their next clue. Both Detours directed teams to drive themselves using the A4 to Saint Roux.
In Saint Roux, teams had to find the Parc Liberté. There, teams faced the Roadblock, asking "Who has the best ears?". The selected team member had to listen to a set of note blocks then make their way to the Cosmo Element Vanadium Theatre, the site of MRTvision. Teams then would have to find the correct sequence of note blocks from numerous other incorrect ones. Each sequence was labelled with a building in Saint Roux. If correct, they would be directed to legete! Books & Maps to find their next clue.
The next clue directed teams to drive themselves to San Reinoldi and find the Parque Retiro, which directed them to find the Pit Stop at the Castello in the Viana do Castello.
Leg 9 (San Reinoldi ➝ Dabecco ➝ Cyra ➝ Arisa ➝ Ravenna ➝ Verdantium)
Airdate: July 28, 2018
- Dabecco (Ursula Park)
- Dabecco (Dabecco Storage Facility)
- Dabecco (Dabecco Regional Airport) to Cyra, Old World (Cyra Underwood Municipal Airport) via Utopia (Anthony Fokker Regional Airport)
- Cyra (The Cyra Needle)
- Arisa (Arisa Metro - 5 Shift)
- Arisa (Farm)
- Arisa (Arisa Heliport) to Ravenna, New World (Ravenna Mountainside International Airport) via Fort Yaxier (Fort Yaxier Airfield) and Epsilon International Airport
- Ravenna (Ravenna Colosseum)
- Ravenna (Ravenna Sports Park Station) to Verdantium (Verdantium Fenwick Square Station) via Verdantium (Old Verdantium Station)
- Verdantium (Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch)
- Verdantium (Seaside platform)
- Verdantium (Verdantium City Brewery Co.)
- Verdantium (Warkworth Canal)
- Verdantium (Maverick Bridge)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to travel to Ursula Park in northwestern Dabecco, which then directed them to the Dabecco Storage Facility, which had hours of operation from 4:20 a.m. to 7:45 p.m.
In Arisa, teams had to search Arisa Metro at the station of 5 Shift and had to press the button in the station to rotate some blocks to see their next clue. Teams were then directed to find the farm in Arisa, where they faced the first memory challenge. Teams had to match the phrases or names spoken or seen from each leg of the Race. Some were purposely misspelled or simply incorrect, to confuse racers. Once all phrases or names were exactly correct, they received their next clue.
Teams were then told to travel fly from the Arisa Heliport to Ravenna Mountainside International Airport by connecting through Fort Yaxier Airfield and Epsilon International Airport. There, teams had to find the Ravenna Colosseum. Teams had to head inside the Colosseum and were given many banner letters. Teams needed to fill in blanks in a given sequence of cities.The cities needed to be in the order teams visited them; however, there were already given cities and teams had to work around them to make sure the cities were visited in the correct order. Since they were given limited letters, there was only one correct combination (Stoneedge, Pine Mountain, Whitechapel, Segville, Evella, New Rosemont, Whiteley, Tranquil Forest, New Acreadium, San Reinoldi, Cyra, Ravenna). Once they were all correct, they were given their next clue.
The next clue directed teams to travel by train to Verdantium Fenwick Square Station. Once there, teams had to travel west and find the longest named train station in Verdatium, Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, to receive their next clue. Then, teams had to follow the road westwards to find a seaside platform. At the seaside platform, teams faced their final memory challenge, a switchback from season three. Teams had to face a field of objects they encountered along the race course. Each team was given eighteen recognizable items from different legs of the Race and had to place the eight specific items, which only one could come from each leg, and they had to collectively match these requirements:
- Three items must be animals or animal by-products, one of which was used in a Detour.
- Two items must be means of transportation.
- One must be a U-Turn.
- One must be a Dead End.
- One item must be at a Pit Stop or brought to a Pit Stop.
- Two items must be used during a Roadblock.
Teams had to find the one correct set of items that matched all requirements to receive their clue. The items and corresponding legs were as follows:
- Leg 1 - Canadian flag, Dyed leather hat, Squid
- Leg 2 - Horse, Dead End
- Leg 3 - Designed banner, Ladder, Pig
- Leg 4 - Dead End, Raw salmon, U-Turn
- Leg 5 - Wooden boat
- Leg 6 - U-Turn, Dog
- Leg 7 - Dead End, Rabbit, Fire resistance potion, Prismarine bricks
- Leg 8 - Shulker, Note block, Donkey
Once all were correct, teams were directed to drive themselves to find the Verdantium City Brewery Co., where they were told to jump off into the nearby Warkworth Canal and boat to the Finish Line on the Maverick Bridge.