MRTvision Screenshot Contest 4
|MRTvision Screenshot Contest 4|
|Venue||Yaxier Symphony Hall, Fort Yaxier|
|Slogan||"A Visual Symphony"|
|Joining period(s)||June 16, 2019 - June 29, 2019|
|Submission period||June 16, 2019 - July 6, 2019|
|Voting period(s)||July 6, 2019 - July 12, 2019 (semi-finals)|
July 13, 2019 - July 24, 2019[a] (final)
|Semi-final||July 13, 2019|
|Final||July 27, 2019|
|Number of entries||37|
|Debuting cities|| Achowalogen Takachsin|
|Returning cities|| Seoland
|Non-returning cities|| Aprix|
|Voting system||Semi-finals: Each city awards a set of 12, 10, 8–1 points to their 10 favorite screenshots, respectively |
Final: Each city and willing non-participants award a set of 12, 10, 8–1 points to their 10 favorite screenshots, respectively
|Vote weight||Semi-finals: 100% participants|
Final: 50% participants, 50% public
|Nul points|| Euphorial|
(in Semi-final 1)
|Winning screenshot|| Arcadia|
"Parks and Recreation" - lil_shadow59
The MRTvision Screenshot Contest 4 is the fourth edition of the MRTvision Screenshot Contest. The contest is a server-wide screenshot competition with Eurovision-style voting and representation.
The ceremony took place in the city of Fort Yaxier, following camelfantasy's win at the third contest with the screenshot "One Summer's Day". The contest debuted on June 17, 2019. The contest's slogan was "A Visual Symphony". The winner was revealed on July 27, 2019, at 6 p.m. UTC at Yaxier Symphony Hall. There was an official MBS livestream for both the semi-final and final ceremonies.
This contest is the first time the owner of the host city did not participate in the respective contest.
The contest was announced on the MRT Wiki on June 15, 2019.
The semi-final ceremony was a part of the MRT's seventh anniversary events and was featured on Frumple's anniversary stream.
The non-qualifiers' placements and point totals in the semi-finals were released on July 26, 2019, following voting being completed for the final.
The contest's results ceremonies took place for the first time in a city in the Republic of Formosa, following Fort Yaxier's victory in the previous edition with the screenshot "One Summer's Day", taken by camelfantasy. It took place at Fort Yaxier's 673-seat hall, Yaxier Symphony Hall, which was constructed in 2017. Located on the east side of the town next to Fort Yaxier Central Station, it is a large, indoor concert hall accessible from an exit off of the A50. It is a large hall inside a larger, glass room.
On June 4, 2019, camelfantasy had confirmed privately that the contest would be held in one of his towns and it was announced publicly alongside the contest's announcement on June 15, 2019. As usual, the venue is required to have a stage, seating for viewers, and an optional location for a camera. Also on that day, four venues from two cities were revealed as possible locations for hosting the ceremony.
On June 16, 2019, Yaxier Symphony Hall was selected as the venue for the contest and Yaxier International Forum Hall C was shortlisted. both in Fort Yaxier. On July 4, 2019, Fort Yaxier withdrew from the contest. Moving the contest to another city was considered; however, it was decided against and the contest would move forward with the venue, logo, and slogan.
Key:Host venue Shortlisted
|Formosa||Formosa Concert Hall||—|
|Fort Yaxier||Yaxier Exhibition Center||Venue for Studio Ghibli Commemoration Event.|
|Yaxier International Forum Hall C ‡||—|
|Yaxier Symphony Hall †||—|
The slogan and logo were revealed on June 16, 2019. The logo is an online image created by macrovector, edited by MinecraftYoshi26. The selection of the cherry blossom branch for the logo was based on the Japanese style of other buildings in Fort Yaxier.
Similarly to the previous contests, the contest features members representing cities, each submitting a screenshot to be voted on by the participants and the willing public. Each city and willing non-participants award a set of 12, 10, 8–1 points to their 10 favorite screenshots, respectively. Each participant is required to vote. Failing to vote or voting strategically can result in the participant facing disqualification or a possible ban from participating in future contests. Similarly to most of the previous contests, there was no theme.
The deadline to join was revealed on June 29, 2019, at 7:00 p.m. UTC. The deadline to send in a screenshot was on July 6, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. UTC. After the semi-final ceremony, the draw order was selected for the final and voting opened for the final near the end of the ceremony. The winner was able to influence the slogan for the next contest, chose the next host city, and received $4,000. Second place received $2,000. Third place received $1,000. All competitors received $15 as a participatory stipend for voting. The top 10 were be featured on the MRT website.
The occurrence of semi-finals was dependent on the number of participants. On June 18, 2019, it was confirmed that there would be two semi-finals after the number of entries reached 35. As the prior winner, Fort Yaxier would automatically qualify for the final and vote in both semi-finals. Even if a participant is eliminated in the semi-finals, they are required to vote in the final. To receive their $15 stipend, eliminated participants would have to vote in the final. The top 10 screenshots from each semi-final advance to the final.
All of the screenshots are viewable together on a public Google Folder.
18 cities participated in the first semi-final. As the prior winner, Fort Yaxier was allocated to vote in both semi-finals; however, it withdrew on July 4, 2019. The highlighted cities qualified for the final. The results were revealed on July 13, 2019, at 6:30 p.m. UTC following the Big Brother 4 finale.
Moramoa was originally allocated to participate in the first semi-final as draw number 06, but was moved to the second semi-final after Raymont withdrew. This also resulted in Onemalu being moved from draw number 20 to replace Moramoa's draw. Nauvis was originally allocated to participate in the first semi-final as draw number 19, but withdrew.
19 cities participated in the second semi-final. As the prior winner, Fort Yaxier was allocated to vote in both semi-finals; however, it withdrew on July 4, 2019. The highlighted cities qualified for the final. The results were revealed on July 13, 2019, at 6:30 p.m. UTC following the Big Brother 4 finale.
Raymont was originally allocated to participate in the second semi-final as draw number 15, but withdrew from the contest due unavailability.
20 cities participated in the final, with all participating cities required to vote. Fort Yaxier automatically qualified for the final as the prior winner and was selected as draw number 18; however, it withdrew on July 4, 2019. The results were revealed on July 27, 2019, at 6 p.m. UTC. The top 10 cities had their screenshots featured on the MRT website.
- Second place
- Third place
|New Bakersville City||54||5||3||5||3||7||4||4||8||4||10||1|
Below is a summary of the maximum 12 points awarded by each city:
|No.||City||Cities giving 12 points|
|5||Elecna Bay||Larkspur, New Bakersville City, Onemalu, Secunda, Waverly|
|4||Tokyo||Carnoustie, Lacledic Republic, Peripotamia, Utopia|
|3||Covina||Birchwood, West Calbar, Victoria|
|Secunda||Elecna Bay, Seoland|
|City-State of Kitania||84||6||5||4||8||6||12||10||6||8||5||7||2||4||1|
Below is a summary of the maximum 12 points awarded by each city:
|No.||City||Cities giving 12 points|
|6||Arcadia||Fernar City, Murrville, Segville, Spruce Valley, Storalia, Sunshine Coast|
|3||Moramoa||City-State of Kitania, Hamblin, Wazamawazi|
|2||Segville||Moramoa, Nymphic Union|
|Wazamawazi||Achowalogen Takachsin, Cactus River|
|City-State of Kitania||Richville|
|Spruce Valley||New Amsterdam|
|7||Sunshine Coast||259||Segville||136||Sunshine Coast||145|
|8||Elecna Bay||227||Sunshine Coast||114||Storalia||108|
|9||Storalia||219||Storalia||111||New Bakersville City||96|
|10||New Bakersville City||174||Birchwood||95||City-State of Kitania||94|
|12||City-State of Kitania||161||New Bakersville City||78||Elecna Bay||84|
|13||Lacledic Republic||152||Hamblin||78||Lacledic Republic||79|
|15||Covina||139||City-State of Kitania||67||Spruce Valley||66|
|City-State of Kitania||161||94||1||5||1||2||1||2||2||6||5||1||4||1||2||6||7||1||2||7||5||6|
|New Bakersville City||174||96||10||1||2||6||8||8||8||6||5||12||10||2|
Below is a summary of the maximum 12 points awarded by each city and public (in italics):
|No.||City||Cities giving 12 points|
|15||Moramoa||City-State of Kitania, Euphorial, Hamblin, Kyoto, Lacledic Republic, Onemalu, Peripotamia, Utopia, West Calbar, Public (6)|
|12||Arcadia||Murrville, New Bakersville City, Secunda, Segville, Storalia, Sunshine Coast, Victoria, Waverly, Public (4)|
|8||Murrville||Nymphic Union, PMW City, Spruce Valley, Tokyo, Public (4)|
|5||Secunda||Richville, Seoland, Public (3)|
|Storalia||Fernar City, Venceslo, Public (3)|
|Sunshine Coast||Birchwood, Carnoustie, Public (3)|
|4||Elecna Bay||Arcadia, Cactus River, Larkspur, Wazamawazi|
|New Bakersville City||Achowalogen Takachsin, Public (3)|
|Tokyo||Elecna Bay, Public (3)|
|3||Segville||Moramoa, Public (2)|
|2||Birchwood||Covina, Public (1)|
|Spruce Valley||New Amsterdam, Pixl|
Eligibility for participation in the MRTvision Screenshot Contest requires that the city be ranked and have a flag.
- Bawktown – On June 18, 2019, Foote_Chicken privately stated he was unsure if the would participate, but "probably will". In the Discord later that day, he stated he would be away for three weeks starting July 9 and thus would be unable to vote in the final. He was given the option to order all screenshots and have those votes used in the final before he left. He failed to confirm provisional interest by the deadline. Bawktown last participated in the third contest.
- Christi – On June 22, 2019, when asked about his participation, mustang_guy declined to partake. Christi last participated in the third contest.
- Espil – After the final of third contest, EspiDev stated in the MRT Discord that he would possibly abstain from competitions in the future due to future inactivity. When asked about his participation on June 22, 2019, he stated he would be away on a trip and would be unavailable to vote.
- Fort Yaxier - On June 16, 2019, camelfantasy declared his participation officially; however, when inquired about how he had yet to submit a screenshot on July 4, 2019, he stated that he would be unable to partake due to being unable to access his computer in time to submit a screenshot and thus withdrew from the contest. Fort Yaxier, as the prior winner, would have automatically advanced to the final with draw number 18.
- Hanamura – On May 28, 2019, MikeRoma announced that he was leaving the server and thus would not return for to the contest. It is currently owned by camelfantasy, who was running under Fort Yaxier. Hanamura last participated in the second contest.
- Kevtropolis – On June 20, 2019, mi_aquamarine was asked about his participation and stated that he would think about it. He failed to confirm provisional interest by the deadline. Kevtropolis last participated in the third contest.
- Nymphalia – On June 16, 2019, SoaPuffball officially declared his participation under the Nymphic Union. Due to Nymphalia being a part of the Nymphic Union, Nymphalia could not participate. Nymphalia last participated in the third contest.
- Oasis Sands – On April 24, 2019, ConnConn2005 left the server and transferred Oasis Sands to Frosty_Creeper10. He did not confirm provisional interest by the deadline. Oasis Sands last participated in the third contest.
- Quiris – On June 19, 2019, _HeavenAngel_ was asked about his participation in the contest and said that he would be too busy to partake. Quiris last participated in the third contest.
- Rank Resort – On June 16, 2019, megascatterbomb officially declared his participation under Moramoa. Thus, there was no representative for Rank Resort. Rank Resort last participated in the third contest.
- Verdantium – On June 18, 2019, CaptainChimpy was asked about Verdantium's participation and stated that he would not participate due to other projects. Verdantium's last representative, DevyySky, has yet to make announcement about officially confirming provisional interest under Verdantium or his own town, New Acreadium. He failed to confirm provisional interest by the deadline. Verdantium last participated in the third contest.
The following cities participated in the previous contest, but did not make any statement about the contest nor confirm provisional participation by the deadline:
- Nauvis - On June 16, 2019, Underscore11 declared his participation officially; however, when inquired about how he had yet to submit a screenshot on July 3, 2019, he stated that he would be unable to partake due to unexpected real life commitments and thus withdrew from the contest. Nauvis was allocated to semi-final 1 with draw number 19.
- Raymont – On June 17, 2019, _O_OM3GA_O_ declared his participation officially; however, when inquired about how he had yet to submit a screenshot on July 3, 2019, he stated that he was on vacation until July 11, 2019 and thus withdrew from the contest. Raymont was allocated to semi-final 2 with draw number 15.
- Totem Beach – On June 21, 2019, Foxwolf11 expressed interest in participating on the contest's wiki page. He did not declare his intent to participate before the deadline. Totem Beach later joined the contest for the first time in the sixth contest.
- Voting was set to close on July 26, 2019, but closed two days earlier as all of the votes were submitted.
- While Euphorial and Seoland both finished with zero points, Euphorial is listed as finishing "ahead" of Seoland due to the tiebreaker rule that favors the screenshot latest in the draw order.
- The screenshot was taken at the MRT Marina, which is not considered a city.
- The screenshot was taken on the Lab World.