Difference between revisions of "MRTvision Screenshot Contest 7"
|Line 317:||Line 317:|
=== Semi-final 2 ===
=== Semi-final 2 ===
Revision as of 19:20, 1 August 2020
|Semi-final voting is NOW OPEN to participants only! Deadline to vote is August 7 at 7 p.m. UTC.
Submission form: https://forms.gle/FjqKzzHtu7SVyXxe8
|MRTvision Screenshot Contest 7|
|Venue||Epsilon Theatre, Airchester|
|Joining period||July 17, 2020 - July 26, 2020|
|Submission period||July 17, 2020 - August 1, 2020|
August 1, 2020 - August 7, 2020 (semi-finals)|
August 8, 2020 - August 14, 2020 (finals)
|Semi-final||August 8, 2020|
|Final||August 15 or 16, 2020|
|Number of entries||41 (to date)|
Republic of Formosa
Semi-finals: Each city awards a set of 12, 10, 8–1 points to their 10 favorite screenshots, respectively |
Final: Each qualifying city and willing members of the public award a set of 12, 10, 8–1 points to their 10 favorite screenshots, respectively
|← 6 • MRTvision Screenshot Contest|
The MRTvision Screenshot Contest 7 is the ongoing seventh edition of the MRTvision Screenshot Contest. The contest is the original MRT Screenshot Contest with Eurovision style voting and representation. The ceremony is planned to take place in Airchester, following RacCort's win at the sixth contest with the screenshot "Work Starts at Dusk". The contest is planned to debut on July 17, 2020. The slogan is Looking Back. The winner is set to be revealed on August 15 or 16, 2020 at an unknown time at the Epsilon Theatre. There is planned to be an official MBS livestream for both the semi-final and final ceremonies.
As of August 1, 2020, 41 cities have confirmed their intentions to participate in the contest and 40 of those cities have made a submission.
The contest was confirmed on the MRT Discord and the wiki on July 10, 2020. The slogan, alongside the venue and host city, was announced on July 11, 2020.
The logo was announced a few hours later. It is an original logo created by RacCort. This logo is the first logo that featured a new generic MRTvision Screenshot Contest logo.
For the first time, screenshots were submitted a Google Form rather than through Discord private messages.
Some of the deadlines for submission and voting were shortened from previous contests. This was due to other upcoming projects, according to MinecraftYoshi26.
The contest's results ceremony are set to take place for the second time in a town owned by RacCort, following Murrville's victory in the previous edition with the screenshot "Work Starts at Dusk", taken by RacCort. The most recent time a city owned by RacCort hosted the contest was for the first contest. As usual, the venue is required to have a stage, seating for viewers, and an optional location for a camera. On July 10, three venues from three cities were revealed as possible locations for hosting the ceremony.
On July 11, 2020, the host city and venue was announced as the Epsilon Theatre in Airchester and The Wave Theatre in Anthro Island was shortlisted. This is the first time that Airchester has hosted the MRTvision Screenshot Contest. The Epsilon Theatre is a 243-seat theater, which was constructed in 2014 and remodeled for the contest in 2020. The theater is one of the first built on the New World. In front of the theater is MRT Plaza, the landmark of Airchester. The closest modes of transport out of the city is warp rail at Airchester Central served by IntraRail and RaiLinQ.
Key:Host venue Shortlisted
|Airchester||Epsilon Theatre||243||Venue for the Second Eagle Awards. Selected venue for The Holiday Awards.|
|Anthro Island||The Wave Theatre||60||—|
|Murrville||PAW Center||55||Venue for the MRTvision Screenshot Contest 2.|
Per usual, the contest will feature members representing cities, each submitting a screenshot to be voted on by the participants and the willing public. Each city and willing non-participants award a set of 12, 10, 8–1 points to their 10 favorite screenshots, respectively. Each participant will be required to vote in their semi-final, or may face disqualification, being banned from participating in future contests, or paying a fine. Per usual, there was no theme.
The deadline to join was announced as July 26, 2020. The deadline to send in a screenshot was announced as August 1, 2020. After the semi-final reveal ceremony, the draw order will be selected for the final and voting opened for the final near the end of the ceremony. The winner will be able to influence the slogan for the next contest, choose the next host city, and receive $3,000. Second place will receive $2,000. Third place will receive $1,000. All competitors will receive $15 as a participatory stipend for voting. The top 10 will be featured on the website.
Semi-final allocation draw
On July 12, 2020, it was confirmed that there would be two semi-finals. As the prior winner, Murrville would automatically qualify for the final and vote in both semi-finals. The top 10 in the semi-finals advance to the final. The top 10 screenshots from each semi-final advance to the final.
For the third time, there were pots created for semi-final allocations drawings. The 42 semi-finalists were allocated into seven pots, based on aggregate rankings by participant, not by city, from prior contest data. Drawing from different pots helps to reduce the chance of lopsided semi-finals by predicted placement from prior contests. The semi-final allocations were made on July 26, 2020, during a ceremony on Mumble held at Twitch Stadium in Airchester. Murrville's draw number for the final was also selected during the ceremony. Attendees placed bets in which semi-final they would be in and Murrville's draw number in the final for a small monetary prize.
|Pot 1||Pot 2||Pot 3||Pot 4||Pot 5||Pot 6||Pot 7|
All of the screenshots are viewable together on a public Google Folder.
20 cities are set to participate in the first semi-final. As the prior winner, Murrville voted in both semi-finals. The highlighted cities qualified for the final. The results are set to be revealed on August 8, 2020 at 6:15 p.m. UTC.
Carnoustie and Espil were originally allocated to participate in the first semi-final, but withdrew. As a result of these withdrawals, Santa Abeja was randomly selected from the participants that were originally allocated to the second semi-final and in either allocation pot 2 or 6 to be moved to the first semi-final.
The following cities have yet to submit their votes for the first semi-final:
20 cities are set to participate in the second semi-final. As the prior winner, Murrville voted in both semi-finals. The highlighted cities qualified for the final. The results are set to be revealed on August 8, 2020 at 6:15 p.m. UTC.
21 cities are set to participate in the final, with all qualifying cities required to vote. Murrville automatically qualified for the final as the prior winner. The results are set to be revealed on August 15 or 16, 2020 at an undetermined time. The top 10 cities will have their screenshots featured on the website.
|09||Murrville||RacCort||"It's Good to be Back"||Inchmuir|
Eligibility for participation in the MRTvision Screenshot Contest requires that the city be ranked and have a flag.
- Birchwood – On July 17, 2020, Conric005 officially declared his participation under Dand. Thus, there was no representative for Birchwood. Birchwood last participated in the sixth contest.
- Carnoustie – On July 18, 2020, CaptainObi declared his participation officially; however, on July 27, 2020, he stated that he was withdrawing as he did not have time to participate. Carnoustie was allocated to semi-final 1. Carnoustie last participated in the sixth contest.
- Espil – On July 17, 2020, EspiDev declared his participation officially; however, on July 31, 2020, he withdrew from the contest. Espil was allocated to semi-final 1. Espil last participated in the sixth contest.
- Hamblin – On July 17, 2020, ArizTrad officially declared his participation under Malosa. Thus, there was no representative for Hamblin. Hamblin last participated in the sixth contest.
- Kyoto – On July 17, 2020, 0x10 officially declared his participation under East Mesa. Thus, there was no representative for Kyoto. Kyoto last participated in the sixth contest.
- Lapis Bay – On July 24, 2020, when asked about his participation, AlphaDS stated that he was undecided as he did not know what he would take a screenshot of. He reaffirmed this position about 11 hours before the deadline to join. He failed to confirm provisional interest by the deadline. Lapis Bay last participated in the sixth contest.
- Republic of Formosa – On July 24, 2020, when asked about his participation, camelfantasy stated that he was undecided. He failed to confirm provisional interest by the deadline. The Republic of Formosa last participated in the sixth contest.
- Seoland – On July 23, 2020, when asked about his participation, CodyHM stated "maybe...depends on if I have time". He failed to confirm provisional interest by the deadline. Seoland last participated in the fifth contest.
- Skogheim – On July 16, 2020, Starcubed left the server and transferred Skogheim to CaptainObi. On July 17, 2020, CaptainObi officially declared his participation under Carnoustie. Thus, there was no representative for Skogheim. Skogheim last participated in the sixth contest.
- Storalia – On July 23, 2020, when asked about his participation, Vulpicula did not know whether or not he would participate and would "consider it". He failed to confirm provisional interest by the deadline. Storalia last participated in the sixth contest.
The following cities participated in the previous contest, but did not make any statement about the contest and did not confirm provisional participation by the deadline:
- a. ^ Espil withdrew 5 days after the semi-final allocation draw.
- b. ^ Carnoustie withdrew 14 hours after the semi-final allocation draw.
- c. ^ A is the closest city to the location photographed.
- d. ^ Prismarine is the closest city to the location photographed.
- e. ^ The screenshot was taken at the MRT Marina on the New World, which is not considered a city due to the lack of a mayor.
- f. ^ New Stringcity is the closest city to the location photographed.