Difference between revisions of "Mason City"
|Line 304:||Line 304:|
Revision as of 14:00, 17 July 2017
|Facts and figures|
- 1 Background
- 2 Islands
- 3 History
- 4 Government
- 5 Arts and Culture
- 6 Transportation
Mason City (often abbreviated to MC or Mason) is located at C12 and the mayor is Kiwirainbow. It was founded on October 4th when the new world was launched. Once the city was promoted to Councilor status, Tarheelscouse was promoted to deputy mayor. After the inauguration of Tarheelscouse, On November 4th, Mason City became a Mayor qualifying city.
Western Island was Mason City's first island, and had many of the initial ten builds. The island was connected to Downtown Island by the Fairfax Bridge on October 5th. On West Street, the franchise Mason City's West Street Bakery has its first location. [ Downtown Island was Mason City's second district and features commercial development. Downtown Island is not actually an island, but a peninsula. The MRT and Gare Du Saint Roux can be accessed here. DuPont Circle is a major intersection of three streets: Lance-Campbell Avenue, DuPont Street, and Vienna Avenue. Columbus Tower and The Music3_0 Buildings overlook DuPont Circle. Parliament Island was Mason City's third district. Parliament Island has Embassies, luxury apartments, and government buildings in european architecture. Many franchises, theaters, and apartments are on this island. The Mason Heights area is abundant with Apartments, Single Family Homes, and Offices. Mason Heights' two major streets are DuPont Street and Fairmont Street.
- 1200AD- Mason is founded as small port town for sailers on their way to Whitechapel.
- 1450AD- A prominent family in Mason (the Redties) take power and turn the town into a powerful kingdom, Masonia.
- 1500AD- Masonia is the wealthiest and most powerful kingdom on the MRT. Main exports include olive oil and wine. Territory is now over 300sq miles
- 1623AD- The main rivals of the Redtie family, the Rainbows, banish the Redties to the edges of the kingdom. Now known as modern day Appleton. The Rainbows take control while the Redties form a new kingdom called Appletonia.
- 1700AD- Rainbows' weak ruling leads Masonia to shrink by nearly 3/4 due to frequent losses in war and conflict.
- 1789AD- Masonia was nearly the size of current Mason City. A great fire devastates the city, leaving Parliament Island as the only survivor. King Melon T. Rainbow pioneers reconstruction of the city and downtown peninsula.
- 1837AD- Masonia's formerly isolationist strategy is broken by the signing of the Treaty of Cyra, in which Masonia reestablished connections with Appleton.
- 1911AD- An economic boom is experienced after the construction of a new port, leading to new universities, companies, and factories.
- 1929AD- The stock market crash temporarily halts Mason City's growth. This time of downturn is corrected by the adding of new services for citizens, including the addition of jobs by projects to improve infrastructure.
- 1973AD- Masonia begins to be called more frequently by its informal name, Mason City.
- 1994AD- Mason City founds its Board of Tourism, leading to new museums, beaches, and hotels.
- 2003AD- Continued growth of new Downtown features skyscrapers and modern constructions.
- 2014AD- Mason City joins EAST as a sign of its changing relationships with other cities.
- 2015AD- Mason City joins League of Cities in order to promote peach and conflict resolution.
- 2016AD- Despite the dissolution of League of Cities, Mason City centers itself as a headquarters for global diplomacy with the addition of a new embassy row.
Note: Work in progress
|King ABC Redtie||Queen 123 Bluebow of Whitechapel||1450-1473|
|King DEF Redtie||Queen Triangle of Formosa||1473-1499|
|King GHI Redtie||Queen Hexagon of Formosa||1499-1503|
|King JKL Redtie||Queen 789 Greenbow of Whitechapel||1503-1567|
|King MNO Redtie||Queen Cupcake of Huntington||1568-1581|
|King QRS Redtie||Queen Orly of Saint Roux||1581-1622|
|King TUV Redtie||Queen DeGaulle of Saint Roux||1622-1623|
|King Orange Jubilee||Queen Possum of Airchester||1623-1627|
|Queen Watermelon Jubilee||Prince Racoon of Airchester||1627-1639|
|King Pear Jubilee||Queen Danube Bank of Daneburg||1639-1646|
|King Lemon Jubilee||Queen Blue of Whitely||1646-1649|
|Queen Strawberry Jubilee||Never married||1649-1672|
|King Orange Jubilee II||Queen ny77 of Waverly||1691-1699|
|King Orange Jubilee III||Queen Vienna of Masonia||1691-1699|
|Queen Lime Jubilee||Prince Miguel of Masonia||1691-1699|
|King Orange Jubilee IV||Queen Smae of Oakley||1699-1724|
|King Orange Jubilee V||Queen Green of Whitely||1725-1752|
|King Orange Jubilee VI||Queen Rainbow of New Kiwi City||1753-1754|
|Queen Rainbow of New Kiwi City||King Orange Jubilee VI (deceased)||1754-1766|
|King Melon Rainbow||Queen Maria Wilson of Masonia||1766-1787|
|King Melon T. Rainbow||Queen Anna of Falloway||1787-1803|
|King Melon Rainbow III||Queen HistoricArt of Izumo||1803-1835|
|Queen Blueberry Rainbow||Prince Campbell of Masonia||1835-1851|
|King Lime Rainbow||Queen Holiday of Masonia||1851-1883|
|King Lime Rainbow II||Queen Avocado Langford of Masonia||1884-1909|
|King Lime Rainbow III||Queen Carrot Lance of Masonia||1909-1928|
|King Lime Rainbow IV||Queen Vienna II of Masonia||1928-1939|
|King Pear Rainbow||Queen Barcelona of Masonia||1939-1973|
|Queen Blueberry Rainbow II||Prince Dupont of Masonia||1973-1995|
|King Kiwi Rainbow||Himself||1995-|
Mason City is lead by a Mayor with chief authority. This position is held by Kiwirainbow and will be retained permanently unless determined otherwise by him . The Mayor has a variety of advisors that help him make decisions, each with their own powers.
Advisors to the Mayor of Mason City (Note: Listed in order of succession)
|Position||Player Name||Length of Service|
|Head of Defense||camelfantasy||2016-|
The area of foreign affairs is dealt with by the State Department of Mason City. This branch of government is lead by the Mayor and deals with relationships between other cities and states. Currently, the department maintains a neutral stance on most issues and strives to maintain peace throughout the MRT. This is accomplished through building embassies, talks with other leaders, and participation in other organizations that maintain similar values to Mason City. The headquarters of the State Department is located in Embassy Square on Parliament Island. For more information visit: The State Department of Mason City.
Mason City currently holds no form of military.
Arts and Culture
Mason City has a variety of museums focusing on both art and history. The Mason City Museum of Fine Art features a variety of sculptures and paintings dating as far back as the 1240s, all free of charge. On the other hand, The Mason City Museum for Modern Art highlights more contemporary works from local residents. The Mason Museum focuses on the fascinating in-depth history of Mason City, showcasing artifacts and a historic arms exhibit.
The following is a list of theaters and their classification in Mason City.
|The Michigan Stage||Michigan Avenue (Downtown)||Off-District (50 seats or less)|
|The Jubilee Theater||Jubilee Avenue (Downtown)||District|
|The Studio 101 Theater||Pond Street||District|
|The Basement Studio @ Pond Street||Pond Street||Off-Off-District (25 seats or less)|
|The Lakeshore Theater||Park Avenue||Off-Off-District (25 seats or less)|
|The BTBank Theater||Michigan Avenue||District|
|The Schwab Stage at the Astor Stages||Carneglie Lane||Off-Off-District (25 seats or less)|
|The Gates Theater at the Astor Stages||Carnegie Lane||Off-District (50 seats or less)|
Gare De Saint Roux
Gare de Saint Roux services all rail lines in Mason City that travel in the North-South direction. MetroMason's Park Line (Fairmont Street, Parliament Island) and River Line (Western Island, Gare de Daneberg) serve here.
Mason City Santa Lucia
Mason City Santa Lucia is scheduled to serve all rail lines in Mason City that travel in the East-West direction. MetroMason's River Line is planned to terminate here, as is ConnectEAST's yellow and blue lines.
Gare de Daneburg
Mason City Gare de Daneburg services all of Mason City's southbound warp-trains. The station is the largest in the city, stretching all the way to C13.
Gare de Mason City Est/Aerport
|MP1||Michigan Avenue (planned)|
|MP2||Fairmont Street (planned)|
|MP5||Gare de Saint Roux|
|MR2||Gare de Saint Roux|
|MR4||Santa Lucia (planned)|
|MR5||Industrial Boulevard (planned)|
|DL1||Gare de Daneburg||transfers available to Gare de Saint Roux|
|DL2||Gare de Mason City Est/Aerport|
|Previous station||Next station|
|Mason City|| Foobar |