Minecraft Alliance on Environmental and Conservation matters
|Minecraft Alliance on Environmental and Conservation matters (MAEC)|
|Facts and figures|
|Founded||12 November 2019|
The Minecraft Alliance on Environmental and Conservation matters (MAEC) is a non-government organisation promoting the conservation and heritage of environmental sites around the MRT. We have a variety of awards and programs, dedicated to preserving the environment and promote rural developments around the MRT.
Status of Organisation
This table shows the status of all the projects and awards listed in this wiki page. If something seems wrong with the information, and not the formatting, please contact Johngi directly instead of attempting to fix it.
|Name of Project||Current Status||Other Notes|
|Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB)||Status: Open|
These are awards given out to areas or organisations which have proven to fit the criteria provided below. They celebrate the efforts of community and towns and give attention to areas which have dedicated their time to preserving or enriching the natural environment.
Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB)
The AONB is an award given to areas on the MRT with, as the name suggests, outstanding natural beauty. The area must fit at least two of these requirements:
- Be an area of immense biodiversity, in plants and occasionally in animals,
- Be an area of interesting or unique features, which may be unique through other examples being destroyed,
- Be conserved or encouraged to grow by surrounding towns.
- Be an area which lets humans explore nature without impeding too much on the course of nature
It must also fit all of the following requirements:
- Be a large area,
- Be outdoors, or if indoors, in either an abandoned building where the building provides a habitat for animals and plants or another natural feature,
- Be not completely default Minecraft terrain, except if it is one of the only examples of the terrain on the server.
- Be a large area: It is about 60,000 square metres big.
- Be outdoors, or if indoors, in either an abandoned building where the building provides a habitat for animals and plants or another natural feature: It is outdoors
- Be not completely default Minecraft terrain, except if it is one of the only examples of the terrain on the server: It is not completely default terrain, as it has been terraformed a bit by the nearby town, and also it is one of the only examples of a dark forest on the server.
- Be an area of immense biodiversity, in plants and occasionally in animals: It contains one of the rarest plants on the server, the mushroom tree, and other rare trees, as well as several animals.
- Be an area which lets humans explore nature without impeding too much on the course of nature: It contains many paths and a road that allows visitors to watch the surrounding nature and the sunrises and sunsets, but do not impede on the course of nature.
|November 2019||Sunset Peak, Storalisburg|
Areas of Exceptional Natural Beauty (AENB)
Areas that have qualified for an AONB may qualify for an AENB. An AENB is given out at the MAEC owner's discretion to areas that have shown to be far superior to others which have gained the AONB. Any AENBs are announced at the end of the month and their builder is given a $100 cash prize.
The Environmental Organisation's Award
Environmental Organisations that have made an outstanding impact on conserving the environment may qualify for the Environmental Organisation's Award. Any organisation that fits two or more of the following criteria may qualify:
- Manage or have built an area which qualifies for three AONBs or one AENB,
- Promote and educate people about the importance of the environment or the beauties it holds,
- Have successfully shown to do some other remarkable or notable thing in conserving or creating the environment.