|Time zone||UTC, GMT|
|Language(s)||English, though I could understand reasonable amounts of Spanish and Italian|
|Notable projects||Aquamarine Bay, IanTech|
cough Testing! cough yep, we are online. I'm Johngi, one of the more helpful people on the server, who basically helps everyone with everything, though mostly with landscaping and redstone, as well as being a pretty trustable person.
So let me set out the wiki page:
- Planning board for projects, so you can see what I am doing
- My personal tips (Trust me, they are helpful)
- Whatever this "Final Deed" thing is, I'm not dying last time I checked
- Achievements (You bet there's a lot of them) (I hope)
So, If I have an idea, it will (eventually) make its way down to here, where I will also put a redirect to a wiki page if it has one.
My main company, which basically owns all the franchises down the line. It already has offices in Hendon. Most of the companies below don't exist, this is just a plan of the company. The structure is quite simple (He says):
- IanTech (Main company)
- Atlas World (Transport Company)
- Atlas Aqua (Boat company with a focus on riverboats and canals)
- Atlas Iron (Minecart rail company mainly using high-speed rail lines, made using the ucar glitch, for fast and easy travel)
- Atlas Gold (Warp train company (when I can make those) for long distance travel)
- Venus Albums (Photo album making service that basically makes pictures and albums of towns and cities)
- La Verde Mare (Pub chain that totally does not kill anyone and does not store them in a freezer for black market deals)
- Atlas World (Transport Company)
I was a guest, like all (excluding a certain someone), at one point. When I was a guest, I was exploring and not doing much... except occasionally helping members who couldn't figure out which style they liked best.
When I got member, I started cracking on my new town Aquamarine Bay, which actually is and was pretty good. Most people, when first building a town, imagine a massive metropolis, the style and scale of things like Whitechapel and Central City. I tend to think things like this out and quickly realised that originality is key, and so decided to build Aquamarine Bay in a different style; it was built in an older, Italian style.
Then I left the server for a while, to work on other projects in another server, namely (err... unamely?) the oldest one in Minecraft which I cannot say by name because that's against the rules (unfortunately). I came back to basically the same story as I left (although now I'm trying to make obi feel better about himself)
Personal Tips (From someone who really knows why)
Oke dokie here we go!
- Originality is key! Don't copy, though taking ideas from someone else and incorporating it with your design is fine!
- Don't be too pedantic about the website! Or do, but don't email it to the admins, because that's a bad idea. Trust me, I have been there.
- Don't take life advice from Frumple! (The only one he has is "Eat broccoli and die")
- Be helpful to other players! That's how you get popular, and lots of money!
- Write down the history of your town in something more secure than a wiki page or an ingame book, though I recommend you keep a copy there too, so other people can see it easier
- Don't swear or use caps! At all! At the very least, use something milder. It may technically be allowed, but I don't take chances, and it doesn't put you in a good light!
- Don't play too much on the server! Enjoy real life! And, anyways, it helps you concentrate more when you are playing.
- Make a regular alarm on your computer telling you to drink water or eat! It is extremely useful.
- Be cheerful and happy, but if you are feeling down, tell people! The guys on this server are helpful and nice, but it is your decision
- Read the rules! Again! Many times!
- Have a notepad next to you while playing, and use it to note down things like your /homes, franchises, anything you want really.
- When building, you have two choices:
- Wing it, or
- Plan it.
- "Wing" something when landscaping, decorating, or building rooms. These don't need planning, since they are so small, and planning only drives you crazy. In fact, winging something is never an extremely bad idea, as long as you know what you are doing in your head.
- Plan something when building something at the scale of a city or a megacorporation, or even something as simple as a bus line. Don't plan every single thing, for example, when building a city, mark out main roads with coloured concrete, then use a different colour and a sign for different buildings.
- The Lab world is your friend, so use it for planning e v e r y t h i n g. Ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but if you are building some massive building or redstone device, then remember you can just build it in the lab world and then use w/e to bring it over to the main world.
- Don't be scared to ask for help! Everyone is in a pickle sometimes! That said, it is also a useful skill to know how to problem solve, so try to figure out how to fix it yourself before calling for help.
- Make miniature models of large builds with coloured concrete. This especially helps when planning interchanges
Receive the rank of .
Home Sweet Home
Receive the rank of Citizen.
Connect to the main Minecraft server.
Connect to the radio.
Hub of Information
Make an account on the Wiki.
No Mumbling Allowed
Connect to Discord.
ZOMG IT'S FRUMPLE
Meet Frumple as a Guest.
What Did I Do
Get shocked by Frumple.
Thou Hast Been Smitten!
Get smitten by an .
Play a prank on someone.
Know basic WorldEdit.
Know how to use Dynmap.
Up and Up!
Know how to use Lift
Create a franchise and establish one location.
Apparently, I might die, my sources say, so I've been forced to write one of these:
Basically, no one is getting aquamarine Bay. I literally do not trust anyone with my city. However, if I die before my city gets Mayor, and don't come back within 3 months, then the staff get it and will give it back if I ever return for good. And, no, I'm not arguing.
CaptainObi has the right to sell and take on any services and products I sell, except for military products, which will be sold to no one and must be destroyed if I leave for more than a year by staff.