|This city is a proud member of the Epsilonian Republic|
|MRT||Foobar (but will expand to SW5 and SW7 in the future)|
|Other transit||Foresne Light Rail|
|Facts and Figures|
|Town Hall Coordinates||WIP|
- 1 Pronunciation & Name
- 2 History
- 3 Geography & Topology
- 4 Flag
- 5 Districts
- 6 Districts, Buildings & Architecture
- 7 Lakes
- 8 Transport & Transit
- 9 Foresne Light Rail
- 10 Connections
- 11 Want a residence?
Pronunciation & Name
Foresne is pronounced "For-rain" and not "Fore-sen". (Yes. It's a difficult name)
Foresne means "Forest Demesne".
“While I was waiting for my member application results, I was looking for a place to build my town, Foresne. At first, I considered the ice plains biome south of the Fort Yaxier area and the extreme west part of the Southern Line. I went to check out the latter (fun fact: I didn't use warps) but it was already claimed by other people. I didn't bother to check out the former. But then, I discovered the forest around SW6. It has a lot of hills and lagoons, which I liked. There is an extreme biome at SW5 and lots of high cliffs around SW7, so I planned to extend Foresne there too. So there was where Foresne is.” —i____7d
Foresne was founded on 10 September 2019, when i____7d was promoted to Member. He first built the roads. A big “welcome to Foresne” sign was erected in front of the MRT station entrance. He then built the police post, the ForesCompany HQ, the Info Center and finally ForesInn. He also started on the Foresne Light Rail, running from Chinatown to Lowland Circus. He also established Chinatown and the boundaries of a future City Hall on a peninsula southwest of the MRT station. He built the Mayor's House on Mayor's Island, and started work on ForesTower.
Then Foresne began to spread out. West of Central, there was Wontridge Museum; North, Foresne General Hospital; Northwest, Postiensci. Foresne had a rapid growth.
On 4 October 2019, when i____7d was building mansions on Postieninsula, ModernArt asked him if he wanted Foresne to be part of the Epsilonian Republic. He agreed and now Foresne is part of the Epsilonian Republic, as you can see on the top of this page.
This is a list of visitors that have visited Foresne when i____7d is around.
- LithiumMirnuriX (he introduced the MRT road crossing standard into Foresne)
- PeacemakerX5 (my friend)
- Vickiposa (after first endorsement)
- Echohue (after being promoted to Citizen)
- Foote_Chicken (with Echo)
- ModernArt (after joining the Epsilonian Republic)
Geography & Topology
Foresne is mainly located on a hilly forest biome. There are several hills, used for different purposes, and the highest ones can reach 31m above sea level. The district of Postiensci is special as it is mainly located on a plains biome (Postieninsula is located in the forest); however, it still has a lot of slopes. In the future, Foresne will be extended to an Extreme Hills biome in the north.
Foresne also has several lakes at the central area; for example, the Radiant Lakes in the south and the Postiensci Lakes in the north-east. These lakes have piers in them, making it possible to travel by boat across these lakes.
The flag of Foresne is coloured light blue, with a horizontal stripe of white in the middle and a symbol of a flying tree. The light blue represents peace. The white represents democracy, and the flying tree represents freedom. An example of the flag can be seen above the info center near SW6. The smallest size possible of the flag is 6×12.
The banner of Foresne is similar. It is a light blue banner with a vertical white stripe in the middle, and a horizontal green stripe in the middle, representing the flying tree, since trees can't be put on banners.
Foresne is divided into several districts, at follows:
- Radiant Hills
Districts, Buildings & Architecture
The heart of Foresne. This is where the main elements of the city are around. There is place for tourism and offices. There is also a Chinatown here. The Mayor lives in this district, on Mayor's Island in Mayor's Lake.
Buildings The buildings follow a style of oak and birch planks. They usually alternate between different buildings. At every floor, there is a layer of slab jutting out. The roof is steep at the back and gentle and flat at the front.
(MRT Station) (0 East-West Blvd)
1. Foresne Police - Foresne Central Post (1 East-West Blvd)
2. ForesCompany HQ (3 East-West Blvd)
3. ForesInn - Foresne Central Branch (4 East-West Blvd)
4. ForesTower (5 East-West Blvd)
5. City Hall (U/C) (1 City Hall Av)
6. Mayor's House
-. Foresne General Hospital
7. Foresne Clinics - Foresne Central Branch (1 Accident Av)
8. FGH A&E Department (2 Accident Av)
9. FGH Clinics (U/C)
10. FGH Wards Blocks 1-9 (U/C)
11. Accident Street Primary School (U/C)
12. Accident Street Secondary School (U/C)
13. Foresne Central Tourist Centre (2 East-West Blvd)
14. Foresne Transport HQ (U/C)
15. Foresne Transport Museum (U/C)
- MRT Square
- SW6 Pond Park
- SW6 Hill
A district at the west of Central. Wontridge is planned to be a residential and commercial place. Currently, it has a museum.
Buildings The walls of the buildings alternate between birch and spruce planks and stripped logs. They are built in a way that looks like the stripped logs are stacked and crossed at the corners and the planks fill in the gaps. The roofs are pitched, with curved corners.
1. Wontridge Museum
A future district at the south of Central. Radiant Hills is planned to be a residential place.
A district north-east of Central. This district has the richest residents and will have fancy shoppes.
Buildings The style is a bit freestyle, but the palette is usually made out of white and greyish blocks like quartz and stone.
1. Postiensci Shoppes (planned)
2. ForesInn Postiensci (planned)
3. Postiensci Theatre (planned)
- Postieninsula Park
There are several lakes in Foresne. Most of them are less than 3m deep. Below is a list of them.
Note: really small ponds are not counted. The smallest lake recorded is SW6 Pond.
1. Solstice Lake
2. Equinox Lake
3. Mayor's Lake
4. City Hall Lake
5. SW6 Pond
1. Stonks Lake
2. Postieninsula North Lake
3. Postieninsula South Lake
1. Museum Lake
Transport & Transit
The roads in Foresne are standardised, as such: (Text in () are examples)
Types of Roads
- Boulevards are large roads, with 2 lanes in both directions and sidewalks. They usually go through busy places in districts and serve as a 'mini-highway'. (East-West Blvd)
- Avenues and Streets are smaller roads that usually branch off Boulevards. (Accident Av branching off Insanity Blvd) They have 1 lane in both directions and sidewalks. They can go through places that Boulevards are too big for. (Mayor's Lake Av) Streets are shorter than Avenues and they usually branch off them. (Postieninsula St branching off Postieninsula Av)
- Drives are the smallest type of roads. They are 4 blocks wide with no divider or sidewalks. These type of roads are meant to either go through places that are too small for bigger roads (SW6 Pond Drive), or to serve a part of a land that is not covered by that bigger road (Mayor's Lake-Chinatown Drive).
- Circuses are roundabouts. They usually have 2 lanes. (Lowland Circus)
- Gateways can be any type of road. They usually go from of a place in a district and continue to another part of the district. (Lowland Gateway coming from Lowland Hill)
Features of Roads
- The dividers are just one continue lines. They are made of white concrete.
- The lane dividers are dashed lines. They alternate between 4 white concrete and 2 grey concrete.
- The main material of the road is grey concrete. The lanes are 2 blocks wide, except for in Drives.
- The sidewalks are made of smooth stone. They are usually 2 blocks wide. When the road goes up, there is always a slab.
- The crossings are made of light grey concrete.
- The main post of the lamppost is 4 blocks tall. The post is erected on the divider, except on Drives, where they are erected on the side.
- There is a bar on top of the post. On Boulevards, they extend 3 blocks in each direction. On Avenues and Streets, they extended 2 blocks. On Drives, they extend 2 blocks in one direction.
- At the end of the bars, there is a sea lantern below.
- At junctions, there is no bar; there is only a sea lantern on top of the post.
List of Roads
- East-West Blvd
- North-South Blvd
- Insanity Blvd
- City Hall Blvd
- Mayor's Lake Av
- SW6 Pond Av
- City Hall Av
- Lowland Hill Av
- Lowland Gateway
- Accident Av
- Chinatown Av
- Chinatown Sts 1-3
- Mayor's Lake-Chinatown Drive
- SW6 Pond Drive
- Lowland Circus
- Postieninsula Av
- Postieninsula St
- Postiensci Gateway
- Postiensci Blvd
- Postiensci Gateway
- East-West Blvd
Foresne Light Rail
The Foresne Light Rail is a train service that runs around Foresne. Currently it has only two lines, but planned to have three.
|$LW||Stonks Lake West (planned)|
|BTG||Botanic Gardens (planned)|
|MPA||Mayor's Peninsula (planned)|
Boats (the vanilla kind, not warp) are used to travel across/along rivers and lakes. The piers are made of slabs with fences at the side. Below is a list of piers.
- Mayor's Lake Pier
- Mayor's Island Pier
- Mayor's Peninsula North Pier
- Mayor's Peninsula South Pier
- Bonemeal Island Pier
- SW6 Pond Pier
- City Hall North Pier
- City Hall South Pier (planned)
- Postieninsula Street Pier
- Postieninsula Park Pier
There are several alleyways in Foresne. They usually go between buildings. Below is a list of them.
- Station East Alley
- ForesCompany Alley
- Info Center Alley
- Central Station Alley
- Info-Central Station Alley
The only connection in Foresne is MRT. In the future Foresne might have a warp rail service.
Want a residence?
Cool! Contact me and show(if I'm on)/tell(if I'm not) me which house you want in Foresne. I'll check if it's vacant and I'll give it to you. Houses are always free. Note that you can't claim hotel rooms (e.g. ForesInn) because it's obvious.
List of Houses
Note: please do not edit this section if i____7d has not given it to you to avoid confusions. Thanks!