Nothing, also known as 20 Questions, was a game played after the "Q & A" portion of General Staff Meetings from December 2017 to May 2019 where Frumple had to guess what was built behind him during the time he gave announcements pertaining to the meeting. It was Frumple's task to determine what the Nothing is, by asking up to 20 yes or no questions (though responses were seldom solely "yes" or "no", and sometimes even evoke contradictory responses depending on the question). This official tradition began with the December 2017 General Staff Meeting, which was held at the present-day Rank Resort. At GSMs prior to the official Nothings, the faces of Frumple and chiefbozx were built behind Frumple.
The game was named Nothing as a reference to the joke that there was "nothing" being built Frumple while he was facing the general public reading the announcement.
MinecraftYoshi26 had constructed the builds behind Frumple unless he was unable to be there, which only occurred once in April 2018. From the June 2019 GSM on, Nothing was no longer built as the new GSM format did not call for a press conference and the length of the new GSM format made it tiring.
Frumple was able to guess 7 out of the 17 Nothings behind him correctly.
List of builds
- December 2017: Pirate Attack - Pirate ships landing ashore with an abundance of pirates storming onto land and about to attack Frumple's podium. This was built at the northern terminus of the MRT Zephyr Line, present-day Rank Resort. Frumple was not able to guess this within the 20 questions.
- January 2018: Stock Market Crash of 2008 - A large stock arrow on a downward spiral with "2008" written above with armor stands running around in a panic in an office setting with paper flying everywhere. This was built at the Old Rashford Stadium, Marblegate. Frumple was able to guess this within the 20 questions.
- February 2018: Year of the Dog - Two dragons around a floating Chinese firecracker roll with "Year of the dog" written above in all caps, with a Minecraft dog head (commemorating Chinese New Year). This was built at the northern terminus of the MRT Western Line, WN30. Frumple was not able to guess this within the 20 questions.
- March 2018: Titanic Scene - A scene from Titanic where Jack is in freezing water after the Titanic sunk and Rose is on the door. It portrays the scene where Rose says "I'll never let go, Jack." This was built in a rail tunnel under Covina. Frumple was able to guess this within the 20 questions.
- April 2018: War - A scene in which megascatterbomb's army was bombing ground vehicles in Verdantium, as well as shooting the IntraAir double- and triple-decker planes. This was built by megascatterbomb and KittyCat11231. This was built at Verdantium Fenwick Square Station, Verdantium. Frumple was not able to guess this within the 20 questions.
- May 2018: Pac-Man - A large arcade Pac-Man interface, with the "Ready!" on screen before the game starts. This was built in an incomplete town owned by MeetMeInSpace. Frumple was not able to guess this within the 20 questions.
- June 2018: Frumple's Emotional Baggage - A player statue of Frumple holding a crying suitcase, with the quote "At one GSM, you should build my emotional baggage -Frumple" floating above in all caps, referring to a quote said during the GSM. This was built at S0 on the MRT Southern Line. Frumple was not able to guess this within the 20 questions.
- July 2018: Shrek - A pixel art version of Shrek's head and shoulders. This was built at Jphgolf4321 Is Mean Lake, Gray Cloud. Frumple was not able to guess this within the 20 questions.
- August 2018: Cooking Mama - A pixel art version of titular character Mama from Cooking Mama. This was built on the ADF Bacon floating in Lake Victoria. Originally, it was supposed to be the Periodic Table; however, Soleurs had spoiled it to Frumple and it was changed quickly. Frumple was not able to guess this within the 20 questions.
- September 2018: Amazing Race Fails - A compilation of mini-versions of fails from The Amazing Race. It included fails by megascatterbomb, hvt2011, Cookie46910, mine_man_, and godzilltrain. This was built at Cyan Labs. Frumple was able to guess this within the 20 questions.
- November 2018: Canada - A pixel art version of the country of Canada with the Canadian flag image imprinted on it and had a pixel art moose on either side. There was a small pine forest near its base as well. This was built at the Warrior's Market, Kessler. Frumple was able to guess this within the 20 questions.
- December 2018: Rich Uncle Pennybags ("Merry Capitalismas!") - A pixel art version of the Monopoly Man, Rich Uncle Pennybags. He had a text bubble that stated "Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Capitalismas!" This was built on Christmas Island in the New World. Frumple was able to guess this within the 20 questions.
- January 2019: Protest - Protesters gathered to protest the extension of the MRT Valley Line and the MRT Island Line and the public GSM portion being held at this location (as a reference to godzilltrain planning the location beforehand which was ill-advised), each yelling different phrases. There was a large billboard behind it stating "not my MRT line or public GSM location" in all caps. This was built at Fort Yaxier Central Station, Fort Yaxier. Frumple was not able to guess this within the 20 questions.
- February 2019: Pi - A pixel-art π (pi) with 43 digits behind it. Behind the digits were pixel-art images of pies with a "-E" written on them. This was built atop the butterfly in Valentines Central Park, Central City. Frumple was able to guess this within the 20 questions.
- March 2019: Nothing - Large, red letters spelling out "nothing" in all caps. This was built at H1 on the MRT Savannah Line. Frumple was not able to guess this within the 20 questions.
- April 2019: In Memoriam - A graveyard with images on tombstones for things that have gone inactive, ceased to exist, or fallen into cultural obscurity. There was a floating sign with cursive letters stating "in memoriam". The tombstones had images representing the PA plugin, the EElevator plugin, Whodunnit?, CitiRail, Appleton, the United Cities, The Snapshot, MRT Mail, and lalaboy. This was built at St. Mary's Bay, Secunda. Frumple was not able to guess this within the 20 questions.
- May 2019: Brexit - A pixel-art map of the member states of the European Union colored with the European Union's flag and the United Kingdom being colored with the flag of the United Kingdom in stained glass. There was also a large white paper with a simplistic version of the Brexit voting ballot with "leave" chosen with a red X. This was built at the Camino Military Shipyard, Camino. Originally, it was supposed to be the Faking of the Moon Landing; however, Just_robinho had spoiled it during the break to Frumple and the topic was changed. Frumple was able to guess this within the 20 questions.