The Amazing Race 4
|The Amazing Race 4|
|Dates||April 9, 2016, April 30, 2016, & May 7, 2016|
|No. of teams||7|
|No. of legs||8|
|Winning team||godzilltrain & mine_man_|
|MRT worlds visited||1|
|Preceded by||The Amazing Race 3|
|Followed by||The Amazing Race 5|
The season premiered on April 9, 2016 and the season finale was held on May 6, 2016.
- 1 Production
- 2 Results
- 3 Episode title quotes
- 4 Prizes
- 5 Race summary
- 5.1 Leg 1 (New Phoenix ➝ Quiris ➝ Liten ➝ Nippia)
- 5.2 Leg 2 (Nippia ➝ Wazamawazi ➝ Amestris)
- 5.3 Leg 3 (Amestris ➝ Laclede ➝ Victorian City ➝ Covina)
- 5.4 Leg 4 (Covina ➝ San Reinoldi ➝ Siletz)
- 5.5 Leg 5 (Siletz ➝ Formosa ➝ Central City ➝ Segville)
- 5.6 Leg 6 (Segville ➝ Utopia ➝ Kolpino City ➝ Daneburg)
- 5.7 Leg 7 (Daneburg ➝ Avant Heim ➝ Camino)
- 5.8 Leg 8 (Camino ➝ Haskaa ➝ Birdhall)
The season was announced on the wiki alongside its applications on January 31, 2016. The season was declared postponed on February 24, 2016 due to lack of public interest and MinecraftYoshi26 being busy. The season was postponed until March 11, 2016 when applications re-opened. The starting line was announced to occur on April 9, 2016 on March 29, 2016. On April 17, 2016, the second session's time was announced to occur on April 30, 2016. On May 3, 2016, the finale's session time was announced to occur on May 7, 2016.
For the first time, members were allowed to make guesses for the starting city. Each member had a free guess and each guess after costed money. Members were allowed to guess in late March 2016. On April 2, 2017, it was guessed correctly and it was revealed that the MRT National Theatre in New Phoenix would be the starting line.
This season spanned 21 cities on the New World, with first-time visits to the cities of Quiris, Liten, Nippia, Wazamawazi, Amestris, Covina, San Reinoldi, Siletz, Formosa, Segville, Utopia, Kolpino City, Daneburg, Avant Heim, Camino, Haskaa, and Birdhall. For the first time in the show's history, teams only stayed on the New World.
This season saw the Race's first Blind Double U-Turn, where the two teams who U-Turned other teams would remain anonymous.
Applications originally opened on January 31, 2016; however, they were postponed and closed on February 24, 2016. Applications were reopened on March 11, 2016 and were officially closed on March 26, 2016. Before the start, nine teams were on the list to participate in the Race. Out of those teams, six full teams of the original list showed up. As per usual, walk-ins to join the Race on the day were permitted, which allowed Gopher to join. RedBear47's original partner, MindBender15 failed to show up and thus Gopher was paired with him, creating the only new team.
This season marks the first time that an all British team has won the Race.
|Name||Country||Team name & color||Place|
|godzilltrain||United Kingdom||Snowdudes||1st place|
|KittyCat11231||United States of America||Katsle||2nd place|
|_Kastle||United States of America|
|jphgolf4321||United States of America||Nova Roma||3rd place|
|autobus22||The Netherlands||The Railroaders||4th place|
|Casey_Jones3||United States of America|
|Baseball02||United States of America||We Tried||5th place|
|Narnia17||United States of America|
|WashingtonTdt||United States of America||Meatz||6th place|
|Derpy_Melon||United States of America|
|RedBear47||United States of America||Embezzling Expats||7th place|
|Gopher||Cayman Islands, United Kingdom|
The following teams participated in the Race, each listed along with their placements in each leg and team names. Note that this table is not necessarily reflective of all content due to inclusion or exclusion of some data. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Team||Team Name||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks|
|godzilltrain & mine_man_||Snowdudes||3rd||2nd||1st⊃||2nd||3rd⊂||2nd||2nd||1st||godzilltrain 4, mine_man_ 4|
|KittyCat11231 & _Kastle||Katsle||2nd||1st||4th⊂||3rd||1st⊃||3rd||3rd||2nd||KittyCat11231 4, _Kastle 4|
|jphgolf4321 & CortesiRaccoon||Nova Roma||1st||3rd||2ndε1||1st||2nd⋑||1st||1st||3rd||jphgolf4321 4, CortesiRaccoon 4|
|autobus22 & Casey_Jones3||The Railroaders||5th||4th||3rd⋑||4th||4th||4th||autobus22 5, Casey_Jones3 2|
|Baseball02 & Narnia17||We Tried||7th||5th||5th⋐||5th||5th⋐||Baseball02 3, Narnia17 3|
|WashingtonTdt & Derpy_Melon||Meatz||4th||6th||6th||WashingtonTdt 2, Derpy_Melon 2|
|RedBear47 & Gopher||Embezzling Expats||6th||7th||RedBear47 1, Gopher 2|
- A red team placement indicates that the team was eliminated.
- A underlined blue team placement indicates that the team was the last to arrive at a Pit Stop in a non-elimination leg of the race.
- An underlined leg number indicates that there was no mandatory rest period at the Pit Stop and all teams were ordered to continue racing. An underlined team placement indicates that the team came in last on a "continue racing" leg and was ordered to continue racing.
- A brown ⊃ or a cyan ⋑ indicates that the team chose to use one of the two U-Turns in a Double U-Turn; ⊂ or ⋐ indicates the team who received it.
- A purple ε indicates that the team decided to use the Express Pass on that leg.
- 1. ^ CortesiRaccoon and jphgolf4321 used their express pass to bypass the Roadblock.
Episode title quotes
Episode titles are often taken as quotes from the racers.
- "Divide and Conquer" -jphgolf4321
- "The Party Bus" -mine_man_
- "Apply Olive Oil" -KittyCat11231
- "Where Is This Tunnel?!" -Narnia17
- "My Argument Is Invalid" -KittyCat11231
- "We're Going to Utopiary!" -_Kastle
- "Freaking Mountain Climbing" -CortesiRaccoon
- "You've Got To Be Kidding Me" -KittyCat11231
The prize for each leg is awarded to the first place team for that leg.
- Leg 1 – The Express Pass – an item that can be used during the race to skip any one task of the team's choosing before the sixth leg.
- Leg 2 – A trip for two to Kenthurst & $20 each.
- Leg 3 – A trip for two to Airchester & $40 each.
- Leg 4 – A trip for two to Achowalogen Takachsin & $60 each.
- Leg 5 – A trip for two to Elecna Bay & $80 each.
- Leg 6 – A trip for two to Hamanei & $100 each.
- Leg 7 – A trip for two to Fairfax & $120 each.
- Leg 8 – $10,000.
|Destinations||Air travel Rail travel Water travel Bus travel|
|Route Markers||Detour Roadblock U-Turn Speed Bump Pit Stop|
Leg 1 (New Phoenix ➝ Quiris ➝ Liten ➝ Nippia)
Airdate: April 9, 2016
- New Phoenix, New World (MRT National Theatre) (Starting Line)
- Quiris (Town Hall)
- Quiris (Quiris Candor Palace)
- Liten (MinecraftYoshi26 Bunny Sanctuary)
- Liten (GopherCorp HQ)
- Nippia (Excelsior Theatre)
At the Starting Line of The Amazing Race 4, which took place in front of MRT National Theatre, teams had to enter the theatre and search through the seats with armor stands for a head with some relevance to a board in the theater with a town’s flag and the number 15 written in white with an arrow pointing north. Teams had to figure out that this was a reference to ZN15, Quiris, which the mayor's head, _HeavenAngel_, was the correct one. The first three teams to complete this task would receive the only tickets on the first helicopter flight while all the other teams would be on the second helicopter flight, departing two in-game hours later.
Upon arriving in Quiris, teams had to search for the town hall, where the Roadblock clue asked "Who likes coats?". The selected team member was instructed to memorize the Quiris flag outside the town hall and make their way to Quiris Candor Palace. Then, the team member had search through the courtyard for an exact copy of the flag. Once teams found the flag and had it checked by MinecraftYoshi26, teams were given their next clue.
After completing the Roadblock, teams were instructed to make their way to the MinecraftYoshi26 Bunny Sanctuary in Liten, where teams encountered a second Roadblock, asking "Who’s ready to get to the top?". The team member who had sat out in the first Roadblock had to do this one. The team member had to make their way to the GopherCorp HQ and complete the parkour to get to the top of the building to receive their next clue. The clue directed teams to travel to Nippia’s Excelsior Theatre for the first Pit Stop.
Leg 2 (Nippia ➝ Wazamawazi ➝ Amestris)
Airdate: April 9, 2016
- Nippia (Pride Wall)
- Nippia (Sharkeisha's Secret)
- Nippia (Fred Phelps Dismemorial Way)
- Wazamawazi (Town Hall)
- Wazamawazi (BurgerQueen, Speedy's Meats, and HelCom Repair or DOYKEA)
- Wazamawazi (Trainside Park)
- Wazamawazi (Queen Maxima Station) to Amestris (Amestris Station)
- Amestris (Stonebrick Park)
At the start of the leg, teams were asked "Who drives the team?". Teams were informed to travel behind the theater to Nippia to The Pride Wall where the selected team member had to reconstruct a Kitania Transit Authority bus in the plot to receive their next clue. Then, teams were instructed to travel by helicopter on Fred Phelps Dismemorial Way to Wazamawazi. Baseball02 and Narnia17 had to get to the top of the Sharkeisha's Secret to grab this Roadblock clue for their speed bump.
At Wazamawazi, teams faced the Detour: Shop or Build. In Shop, teams had to search for the BurgerQueen, Speedy's Meats, and HelCom Repair shops for three pieces of paper that, if put together, spelled out their next clue. In Build, teams had to make their way to the DOYKEA and replicate a piece of DOYKEA styled build to receive the next clue. Teams had to figure out that they had to use slabs as full blocks to replicate the full structure. The first three teams to arrive at the DOYKEA were the only ones who could do this side of the Detour. Both Detour options led teams to Trainside Park. At Trainside Park, teams were instructed to travel by warp train to the Pit Stop at Stonebrick Park in Amestris.
Leg 3 (Amestris ➝ Laclede ➝ Victorian City ➝ Covina)
Airdate: April 9, 2016
- Laclede (Fort Saint Clement)
- Laclede (Eustahnd Tower)
- Laclede (Harry S Truman International Airport) to Achowalogen Takachsin-Covina International Airport
- Victorian City (Bank of the Northwest)
- Covina (The Bear Restaurant or Beach near 150 Central Park)
- Covina (Elm Street)
- Covina (Wall Park - Cube Statue)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to make their way to Laclede's military base of Fort Saint Clement. There, teams were then told to travel northeast to the Eustahnd Tower to pick up a pair of tickets, either a flight by SkyTrans or South Weast Airlines, which arrived two hours later, to Achowalogen Takachsin-Covina International Airport.
After landing, teams were instructed to find the Bank of the Northwest in Victorian City where they faced the Roadblock, asking "Who’s deep in riches?". The selected team member had to enter the bank and pick up a wooden pickaxe and torches and travel down a ladder to a ravine under the bank to mine nine emeralds to make an emerald block to receive the next clue.
The next clue was the Detour: Lunch or Launch. For both, teams had to make their way to Covina. In Lunch, teams had to make their way to The Bear Restaurant and choose a station and an order book where teams must make what is ordered on the list by scouring the restaurant to receive their next clue. In Launch, teams had to replicate a firework to receive their next clue. Both Detour options led teams to travel north to Elm Street to find the U-Turn, which had a clue that directed teams to search the Wall Park for the Pit Stop.
Leg 4 (Covina ➝ San Reinoldi ➝ Siletz)
Airdate: April 30, 2016
- Covina (I-Fuel Tower)
- San Reinoldi (Mercado Grande)
- San Reinoldi (Esquina Central Plaza Sevilla)
- San Reinoldi (Tunel de la Inspiracion)
- San Reinoldi (Playa de Sitges or Universidad del Arte Buildings 1,2)
- San Reinoldi (Stadtgymnasium)
- Siletz (Vanadium Siletz Offices)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to make their way to find the Covina I-Fuel Tower to find a helicopter that would take them to San Reinoldi, where teams would find their next clue inside Mercado Grande.
After landing, teams found the roadblock clue, asking "Who delivers the most for the team?". The selected team member had to find the marked stall of Esquina Central Plaza Sevilla and pick a chest with a delivery of the glowstone their picked up and take it to the specified house to receive their next clue, which directed teams southwest to the Tunel de la Inspiracion.
The clue there was the Detour: Underwater or Over The Counter. In Underwater, teams had to make their way to Playa de Sitges and search through chests for their next clue. In Over The Counter, teams had to find Universidad del Arte Buildings 1,2 where teams had to count all tables (wooden pressure plates on top of wooden fences) on the first floor, 184, to receive their next clue. Both clues led teams to travel west to find the Stadtgymnasium, which directed teams to travel to Siletz and find the Vanadium Siletz Offices for the Pit Stop.
Leg 5 (Siletz ➝ Formosa ➝ Central City ➝ Segville)
Airdate: April 30, 2016
- Siletz (Bus Station) to Formosa (CW-6)
- Formosa (City Council)
- Central City (Central Park)
- Central City (MRT Mail Hub plot or Fairfax Street Mall)
- Central City (Central City Performance Center)
- Central City (Central City Gateway Terminal) to Segville (Segville Bus Depot)
- Segville (Town Mall)
- Segville (Long Stay Car Park)
- Segville (Prancing Horses Monument)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to make their way to Formosa via Siletz’s bus station. There, teams were instructed to find the City Council and then search the vehicles on the main street for one with a warp. For Baseball02 & Narnia17, they had to make their way to the City Hall and find the sponge block to bring to the Pit Stop before continuing on with the race.
The vehicle took teams to Central Park in Central City where they had to find a guest with a race flag on their chest and sleeves that said "PM me", and then if private messaged the guest, teams would have received their next clue. The clue was the Detour: Mail or Mall. In Mail, teams had find the MRT Mail Hub and search outside in a series of chests through mail for a clue. In Mall, teams had to find the Fairfax Street Mall and head to the third floor and replicate a shop exactly to receive their next clue. Both Detour options led teams to travel to the Central City Performance Center for the U-Turn.
Teams were instructed to travel via bus to Segville where they had to find the Town Mall to face the Roadblock, asking "Who's mobile?". The selected team member had to count all the cars in the Long Stay Car Park, which there were 245 of them to receive their next clue, which had a clue that directed teams to find the Prancing Horses Monument for the Pit Stop.
Leg 6 (Segville ➝ Utopia ➝ Kolpino City ➝ Daneburg)
Airdate: April 30, 2016
- Segville (Segville Grand Central) to Utopia (Utopia Station)
- Utopia (Sunrise Pagoda)
- Utopia (RegionalConnect Utopia Station) to Kolpino City (Kolpino Station)
- Kolpino City (Lubov Theater)
- Kolpino City (Kolpino Station) to Daneburg (Daneburg Main Station)
- Daneburg (City Hall)
- Daneburg (Empty buildings behind City Hall or Clock tower)
- Daneburg (Chiemsee Mansion)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to make their way to Utopia via Segville Grand Central. There, teams were instructed to find Sunrise Pagoda on top of the hill to find their next clue, which included a YouTube link to a video containing music they were instructed to remember on their way to their next destination, Kolpino City. Teams had to take RegionalConnect to Kolpino City.
At teams Kolpino City, teams were instructed find the Lubov Theater, where they would find the Roadblock asking: "Who liked the music?" The selected team member had to go inside the theatre and would be presented by Yoshi with a piece of lyrics from a piece of song from the provided YouTube video. If they identified two pieces correctly, they would receive their next clue. However, if incorrect, the team member had to sit down and wait one minute before attempting again.
The clue after the Roadblock led teams to Daneburg via RegionalConnect again. Teams would find their clue in front of the City Hall. The clue was the Detour: Pit or Tower. In Pit, teams had to make their way behind the City Hall and find a marked pit of gravel and dig in the sand to find their next clue. In Tower, teams had to complete the parkour on the clock tower and climb inside to receive their next clue. Both Detour options led teams to travel to the Chiemsee Mansion on the west side of Daneburg for the Pit Stop.
Leg 7 (Daneburg ➝ Avant Heim ➝ Camino)
Airdate: May 7, 2016
- Daneburg (Chiemsee Mansion) to Avant Heim (East beach)
- Avant Heim (That Big Tree)
- Avant Heim (Southwest beach)
- Avant Heim (Fishing Shop & Pier) to Camino (Camino Military Shipyard)
- Camino (Mount Iliad)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to make their way to Avant Heim by boat. There, teams were instructed to find That Big Tree and found the Roadblock asking: "Who thinks cg is mean?" The selected team member had to claim a booth and pick up tools to swim under the water nearby and collect the needed materials to replicate angelzer0’s face to receive their next clue, which told teams to take their way by boat at the Fishing Shop & Pier to Camino's Shipyard.
At Camino's Shipyard, teams were told to count all the shipping boxes in the wood marked area and must make a guess in between a range of 5 from 247 to 252. If correct, teams would receive a clue that led teams to swim south to Mount Iliad on Camino’s main island for the Pit Stop.
Leg 8 (Camino ➝ Haskaa ➝ Birdhall)
Airdate: May 7, 2016
- Camino (Crimson Park)
- Haskaa (Music's Gems)
- Haskaa (Smallville Avenue)
- Birdhall (Birdhall Amphitheatre)
- Birdhall (Southern Forest)
- Birdhall (Spurnton Point)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to travel to Crimson Park and find their clue hanging from under the bridge. The clue made teams correctly identify the Roadblock questions from past legs and select the correct them to the corresponding leg to receive their next clue, which directed them to find the helicopter behind the building to Haskaa.
At Haskaa, teams would have to find the Music's Gems to where they would be directed to Smallville Avenue to organize the flags of towns in the order by leg and by the time they were visited to receive their next clue.
Then, teams were told to travel to Birdhall and find the Birdhall Amphitheatre, which then directed teams to travel into the Southern Forest and complete a challenge that told teams to sort through fifty photos to find sixteen that match the requested locations. If correctly identified, a few signs and a number would be placed on the back wall referring to the picture number of Finish Line, Spurnton Point.