The Amazing Race 2
|The Amazing Race 2|
|Dates||May 23, 2015, June 7, 2015, June 15, 2015 - July 3, 2015, & July 5, 2015|
|No. of teams||8|
|No. of legs||9|
|Winning team||Just_robinho & kekkomatic|
|MRT worlds visited||2|
|Preceded by||The Amazing Race 1|
|Followed by||The Amazing Race 3|
The season premiered on May 23, 2015 and the season finale was on July 5, 2015.
- 1 Development
- 2 Results
- 3 Episode title quotes
- 4 Prizes
- 5 Race summary
- 5.1 Leg 1 (Silver Spring ➝ Inchmuir ➝ Amphitheatre ➝ Miningstone)
- 5.2 Leg 2 (Miningstone ➝ Oasis ➝ Hollis Swamps ➝ Arlington ➝ Whitechapel ➝ Vermilion ➝ Xandar)
- 5.3 Leg 3 (Xandar ➝ Ilirea ➝ Airchester ➝ Soiled Solutide ➝ Achowalogen Takachsin)
- 5.4 Leg 4 (Achowalogen Takachsin ➝ Victorian City ➝ Melrose ➝ Vergil ➝ Elecna Bay ➝ Zaquar)
- 5.5 Leg 5 (Zaquar ➝ Zicronia ➝ Splurgeville ➝ Arisa)
- 5.6 Leg 6 (Arisa ➝ Ice Springs ➝ Autocity ➝ Gund Valley ➝ North Edge ➝ Woodzy Beach)
- 5.7 Leg 7 (Woodzy Beach ➝ Sandstone Fair ➝ Lighthouse ➝ Hamanei)
- 5.8 Leg 8 (Hamanei ➝ Laurel ➝ Department of Defense ➝ Whelburn)
- 5.9 Leg 9 (Whelburn ➝ Hillside-Pagoda ➝ Silverhaven ➝ Stadium-New Boston ➝ Kitania)
The season was announced on the wiki in April 2015. Shortly thereafter, applications were opened. The starting line was announced to occur on May 23, 2015 on May 30, 2015. After it was announced the final legs would be run on July 5, 2015 due to scheduling conflicts, legs five and six were determined to be ran separately.
This season spanned over two worlds. This season marks the first season to visit the New World and its cities of Whitechapel, Vermilion, Xandar, Ilirea, Airchester, Soiled Solitude, Achowalogen Takachsin, Victorian City, Melrose, Vergil, Elecna Bay, Zaquar and the Old World cities of Silver Spring, Inchmuir, Amphitheatre, Miningstone, Oasis, Arlington, Splurgeville, Arisa, Ice Springs, Autocity, Woodzy Beach, Sandstone Fair, Lighthouse, Hamanei, Laurel, Department of Defense, Whelburn, Hillside-Pagoda, Silverhaven, and Stadium-New Boston.
This season saw the Race's first Express Pass, awarded to the team who finished first on the first leg. The pass allowed the team to skip any Detour, Roadblock or Route Marker task before Leg 7. CortesiRaccoon and bestmate66 won the Express Pass, which they later used to bypass the Detour in Leg 6.
Applications opened on April 18, 2015 and were closed on April 24, 2015. From there, 10 teams were added to the list to participate in the Race. Out of those teams, six full teams and three halves of a team showed up. As per usual, walk-ins to join the Race on the day were permitted, which allowed teams to be formed on the first day. chiefbozx was originally paired with hntredtie; however, hntredtie failed to show up and chiefbozx was thus paired with RLcrafters who showed up on the first day. Also, Skelezomperman was originally paired with jphgolf4321 and JohnNotTech was originally paired with Soleurs; however, jphgolf4321 and Soleurs failed to show up, and Skelezomperman was thus paired with JohnNotTech.
|Name||Country||Team name & color||Place|
|Just_robinho||United Kingdom||The Italian Birds||1st place|
|Tom_Pairs||United States of America||Look At Me! Look At Me!||3rd place|
|_Kastle||United States of America|
|cal76||United Kingdom||The Muffin Stuffers||4th place|
|Gopher||United States of America|
|hawksfan1010||United States of America||Fehawk on FLEEK||5th place|
|KittyCat11231||United States of America|
|Skelezomperman||United States of America||The Swiss Guard||6th place|
|JohnNotTech||United States of America|
|mine_man_||United Kingdom||Kilts and Top Hats||7th place|
|RLcrafters||United Kingdom||RedBozX||8th place|
|chiefbozx||United States of America|
The following teams participated in the Race, each listed along with their placements in each leg and team names. Note that this table is not necessarily reflective of all content due to inclusion or exclusion of some data. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Team||Team Name||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks|
|Just_robinho & kekkomatic||The Italian Birds||3rd||4th||5th||3rd||2nd||1st||2nd⊃5||2nd||1st||Just_robinho 5, kekkomatic 5|
|CortesiRaccoon & bestmate66||Epsilon||1st||3rd||2nd||1st⊃||3rd||2ndε4||3rd||1st||2nd||CortesiRaccoon 5, bestmate66 5|
|Tom_Pairs & _Kastle||Look at Me! Look at Me!||4th||5th||1stƒ||4th||5th||4th||1st||3rd||3rd||Tom_Pairs 4, _Kastle 5|
|cal76 & Gopher||The Muffin Stuffers||6th||1stƒ||3rd||2nd||4th||3rd||4th||4th6||cal76 3, Gopher 5|
|hawksfan1010 & KittyCat11231||Fehawk on FLEEK||5th||2nd||4th||5th⊂⋑||1st||5th||hawksfan1010 3, KittyCat11231 4|
|Skelezomperman & JohnNotTech||The Swiss Guard||7th1||6th||6th||6th⋐||Skelezomperman 3, JohnNotTech 2|
|mine_man_ & Martii_Scots01||Kilts and Top Hats||2nd||7th2||7th||mine_man_ 1, Martii_Scots01 3|
|RLcrafters & chiefbozx||RedBozX||8th||RLcrafters 1, chiefbozx 1|
- A red team placement indicates that the team was eliminated.
- A underlined blue team placement indicates that the team was the last to arrive at a Pit Stop in a non-elimination leg of the race.
- A brown ⊃ or a cyan ⋑ indicates that the team chose to use one of the two U-Turns in a Double U-Turn; ⊂ or ⋐ indicates the team who received it; ⊂⋑ indicates that the team was U-Turned, but they used the second U-Turn on another team; ⋐⋑ around a leg number indicates that only one of the two available U-Turns was used.
- A green ƒ indicates that the team won a Fast Forward.
- A purple ε indicates that the team decided to use the Express Pass on that leg.
- 1. ^ Skelezomperman incurred a time penalty by using the /near command. Nobody passed them and they stayed in 7th place.
- 2. ^ Martii_Scots01 opted to take the 20 minute penalty for the Roadblock.
- 3. ^ a b These sessions were run separately due to racers' schedules being difficult to coordinate. The places were based on times of arrival.
- 4. ^ CortesiRaccoon & bestmate66 used their express pass to bypass the Detour.
- 5. ^ Just_robinho & kekkomatic chose to U-Turn _Kastle & Tom_Pairs; however, they had already passed the U-Turn board, and were therefore unaffected.
- 6. ^ Gopher had broken rules during the Roadblock by being in creative, breaking blocks, and using others' note blocks as examples, dropping them from 3rd to 4th.
Episode title quotes
Episode titles are often taken as quotes from the racers.
- "Piano To Burn" -Just_robinho
- "PTSD Material" -kekkomatic
- "I Built This City" -CortesiRaccoon
- "We're Gonna Get Revenge" -hawksfan1010
- "We're Going Home!" -Just_robinho
- "An Amazing Race Mood" -KittyCat11231
- "The Candy Trees" -Just_robinho
- "Saved On A Technicality" -Tom_Pairs
- "Are You Serious?" -kekkomatic
The prize for each leg is awarded to the first place team for that leg.
- Leg 1 – The Express Pass – an item that can be used during the race to skip any one task of the team's choosing before the seventh leg.
- Leg 2 – Two houses in Covina.
- Leg 3 – $50 each.
- Leg 4 – Free Music's Gems shop each.
- Leg 5 – $100 each.
- Leg 6 – 200 liters of gas each.
- Leg 7 – A trip for two to Avant Heim & $50 each.
- Leg 8 – $150 each.
- Leg 9 – $10,000.
|Destinations||Air travel Rail travel Water travel Bus travel|
|Route Markers||Detour Roadblock Fast Forward U-Turn Speed Bump Pit Stop|
Leg 1 (Silver Spring ➝ Inchmuir ➝ Amphitheatre ➝ Miningstone)
Airdate: May 23, 2015
- Silver Spring, Old World (Yawkey Park) (Starting Line)
- Inchmuir (Residential North Station)
- Inchmuir (Inchmuir Town Hall)
- Amphitheatre (South Sea Bridge)
- Miningstone (Miningstone Park)
At the Starting Line of The Amazing Race 2, which took place at Yawkey Park, teams were informed that the winner of the first leg would win the Express Pass, which they would allow to skip any task before at the end of Leg 6. They were given for their first task: to go to Inchmuir and find the next clue box in the middle of a wheat field near the Residential North Station.
Upon arriving in Inchmuir, the clue asked "Who wants to find the right path?". The team member had to climb the mountain and search for the clue box somewhere on top of the mountain. Once teams found the clue, they were directed to the Inchmuir Town Hall. At the Inchmuir Town Hall, teams had to pick up a pair of horses and travel to the South Sea Bridge in Amphitheatre.
At the South Sea Bridge, it was where teams encountered a second Roadblock, asking "Who has a sinking feeling?". The team member who had sat out in the first Roadblock had to do this one. Teams had to take the night vision potions from the chests and under the sea and search through the chests to find a chest with a clue inside. This clue directed teams to travel to Miningstone Park for the Pit Stop.
Leg 2 (Miningstone ➝ Oasis ➝ Hollis Swamps ➝ Arlington ➝ Whitechapel ➝ Vermilion ➝ Xandar)
Airdate: May 23, 2015
- Oasis (Viewing Point)
- Hollis Swamps (Hollis Swamps Town Hall)
- Arlington (Western Ocean International Airport) to Whitechapel, New World (Whitechapel Sky Harbor)
- Whitechapel (Whitechapel - Waterfront Station) to Vermilion (Vermilion Waterport)
- Vermilion (Victory Square)
- Vermilion (Watson Hall Dormitories or Saffron Island)
- Xandar (Xandar Town Hall)
- Xandar (DOYKEA and Xandar Plaza)
At the start of the leg, teams were informed they were to make their way Oasis. Upon arrival, teams had to find the Viewing Point.
The clue directed teams to Hollis Swamps. At Hollis Swamps, teams were instructed to go by foot to Western Ocean International Airport in Arlington and take a flight to the New World, specifically Whitechapel Sky Harbor. Once landed, teams had to find the marked uCars outside and ride them to the South Whitechapel Ferry Terminal. Once there, teams then had to find the marked boat gate and ride it to Vermilion. Teams could also take the Fast Forward, which required teams to make their way to the BART Whitechapel Stadium. The Fast Forward required teams to enter the stadium and jump onto the field and search through many chests and find the matching set of clothes as the key. Then, the teams had get it checked to receive the clue.
Other teams collected their clue from the ferry terminal to head to Victory Square. At Victory Square, teams were presented with the Detour: In The Room or Under The Sand. In In The Room, teams made their way to the marked Watson Hall Dormitories on University Circle. There, teams had to search through the many floors of the building to find the clue somewhere in the building. In Under The Sand, teams made their way to Saffron Island and had to find the marked chest to dig in the marked area on the beach to find a chest with a clue inside.
Teams then traveled to Xandar and had to find the town hall. Once there, they encountered the Roadblock, asking "Who has a good eye for art?". One team member headed to the DOYKEA and then had to find Xandar Plaza. In the plaza, teams found a four by three picture of Xandar made up of twelve maps. The team member who opted to do the Roadblock had to go to the DOYKEA and find the correct maps to replicate the original map. If correct, teams were allowed to check into the Pit Stop in the plaza.
Leg 3 (Xandar ➝ Ilirea ➝ Airchester ➝ Soiled Solutide ➝ Achowalogen Takachsin)
Airdate: June 7, 2015
- Ilirea (Ilirea Dragon Statue)
- Ilirea (Ilirea Midway Airport) to Epsilon International Airport
- Airchester (Epsilon Theatre)
- Airchester (Twitch Stadium)
- Airchester (Airchester Waterport) to Soiled Solitude (Soiled Solitude Waterport)
- Soiled Solitude (Entrance gate)
- Soiled Solitude (Lighthouse)
- Nearby island
- Soiled Solitude (Soiled Solitude Waterport) to MRT Marina, New World
- MRT Marina (XEM Station) to Achowalogen Takachsin (Achowalogen Takachsin Station)
- Achowalogen Takachsin (Globe Statue)
- Achowalogen Takachsin (Achowalogen Takachsin Farms and Achowalogen Takachsin Mall or Tom Hortons Country Club & Golf Course)
- Achowalogen Takachsin (Sunny Beach Resort)
At the start of the leg, teams were informed they were to make their way to Ilirea and find the dragon statue.
At Ilirea, teams encountered the Speed Bump, a Route Info, and a Fast Forward. For mine_man_ & RLcrafters, they had to make their way to the Ilirea Municipal Stadium and break all the red stained clay in the center of the stadium before continuing on with the race. The normal clue told teams to make their way to the Ilirea Midway Airport and flew to Epsilon International Airport. Once landed, teams made their way to the Epsilon Theatre where the second Eagle Awards were held to find their next clue. Teams could also take the Fast Forward, which required teams to make their way to the Ilirea Department of Parks and Recreation Glass Maze. The Fast Forward required teams to enter the glass maze and complete the first floor to receive their clue.
Other teams made their way to Twitch Stadium in Airchester after going to the Epsilon Theatre. At Twitch Stadium, teams had to search through the villagers for a renamed one named the next destination, the Airchester Waterport. At the Airchester Waterport, teams were then directed to go by boat to Soiled Solitude.
Once there, they encountered the Roadblock, asking "Who's ready to find "X"?". One team member made their way to the top of the lighthouse and picked up a set of tools and instructions for a location of a chest hidden underground. Then, that team member swam north to the barren island and had to find the marker with glowstone. Once there, they had to stand on top of the glowstone and follow the instructions given in the book to find the next clue hidden under the sand. The clue then instructed teams to take a ferry from the MRT Marina and to find the gas station.
From the MRT Marina, teams were instructed to go by MRT to Achowalogen Takachsin and find the Globe Statue near the town hall to receive their next clue. The clue they found there was the Detour: Bake The Cake or Walk The Course. In Bake The Cake, teams made their way to the Achowalogen Takachsin Farms to bake five cakes and then take them to the mall and find the marked store where they received their next clue. In Walk The Course, teams made their way to the Tom Hortons Country Club & Golf Course and walked the course. While walking the course, teams had to search for their next clue inside a chest somewhere near the path of the course. Once teams completed the Detour, they were directed to the Pit Stop, Sunny Beach Resort.
Leg 4 (Achowalogen Takachsin ➝ Victorian City ➝ Melrose ➝ Vergil ➝ Elecna Bay ➝ Zaquar)
Airdate: June 7, 2015
- Victorian City (Victorian City Station)
- Victorian City (Cave)
- Victorian City (Victorian City Waterport) to Melrose (Melrose Marina)
- Melrose (Car Park)
- Vergil (Vergil Public Library)
- Vergil (Montuak Island Cable Car)
- Vergil (Vergil Seaport) to Elecna Bay (Elecna Bay Seaport)
- Elecna Bay (Old Market)
- Zaquar (Zaquar Station)
- Zaquar (Diamond building or Starship Beach)
- Zaquar (The Donut Hole)
- Zaquar (Magnum Eclipse)
At the start of the leg, teams were informed they were to travel by horse to Victorian City. Upon arrival, teams had encountered the Roadblock, asking "Who's ready to get down?". One team member made their way into a nearby cave on the outskirts of the city and went down to search through the confusing cave system to find a hidden clue. Once found, the team member called their partner to get out.
Teams were then directed to the Montuak Island Cable Car and had to ride it to the Vergil Seaport and take a ferry to Elecna Bay to receive their next clue.
In Elecna Bay, teams had to once again pick up horses and ride the A50 and find their clue outside Zaquar's main station. At Zaquar, they were presented with the Detour: Up or Down. In Up, teams made their way to the diamond building near the MRT station and must complete the parkour course inside to receive their next clue. In Down, teams headed to Starship Beach and swam to the marked ship to pick up a shovel, night vision potion, and water breathing potion to swim under the water and dig the red sand to find a chest with a clue inside. Both led teams to The Donut Hole. In The Donut Hole, teams found the Double U-Turn board. The next clue after the U-Turn sent them to the Magnum Eclipse, a rock formation in west Zaquar for the Pit Stop.
Leg 5 (Zaquar ➝ Zicronia ➝ Splurgeville ➝ Arisa)
Airdate: June 26, 2015
- Zaquar (Zaquar Ménage et Trois Regional Airport) to Zicronia, Old World (Zicronia Anaconda Regional Airport)
- Zicronia (Tommy Corp. Building)
- Splurgeville (Flag Post)
- Splurgeville (Mushroom Tower Hotel)
- Arisa (Farm)
- Arisa (Grey Dolphin Music Club or Sunflower field)
- Arisa (Arisa Arts Center)
At the start of the leg, teams were told take a flight to Zicronia. Upon arrival, teams were to make their way to the Tommy Corp Building.
The clue directed teams to Splurgeville by horse. At Splurgeville, teams encountered the Roadblock, asking "Who's the best a scrutinizing?". One team member entered the Mushroom Tower Hotel and searched through the various rooms for a clue hidden in one of the rooms.
Teams then were told to travel to the farm in Arisa, specifically in "Acorn". Teams were presented with the Detour there: Store or Score. In Store, teams made their way South to the shopping district and searched through the many stores for the stores Carpet Dreams, The Grind, Grey Dolphin Music Club, a bed store, and Karma Cafe. Teams had to find the Grey Dolphin Club specifically to receive their next clue. In Score, teams went to the nearby sunflower field to count the sunflowers and translate the numbers to scores. If correct, teams received their next clue. Both clues directed teams to travel to the Pit Stop, the Arisa Arts Center.
Leg 6 (Arisa ➝ Ice Springs ➝ Autocity ➝ Gund Valley ➝ North Edge ➝ Woodzy Beach)
Airdate: July 3, 2015
- Ice Springs (Ice Springs Regional Airport) to Autocity (Autocity Antonio Airport)
- Gund Valley (Rue Manor)
- North Edge (North Edge Towers)
- Woodzy Beach (Military Base)
- Woodzy Beach (Woodzy Beach Pier)
At the start of the leg, teams were told take a flight to Autocity from Ice Springs. Upon arrival, teams would find their clue outside of the airport.
At North Edge, teams encountered the Roadblock, asking "Who's ready for fall?". One team member made their way to the left tower leaped off to land in the fountain to receive their next clue. For Tom_Pairs & _Kastle, they had to make their way to the North Edge Graveyard and search through the graveyard to find a book named "Speed Bump Book" to bring to the Pit Stop before continuing on with the race.
Teams then were told to travel to the Woodzy Beach Military Base, being directed by this link. Teams were presented with the Detour there: Copy or Cut. In Copy, teams had to copy parts of the walls surrounding the building exactly to receive their next clue. In Cut, teams had to destroy the house in search of a hidden chest with a clue inside. Both clues directed teams to travel to the Pit Stop, the Woodzy Beach Pier.
Leg 7 (Woodzy Beach ➝ Sandstone Fair ➝ Lighthouse ➝ Hamanei)
Airdate: July 5, 2015
- Woodzy Beach (Woodzy Beach Station) to Sandstone Fair (Sandstone Fair Station)
- Sandstone Fair (Music's Gems)
- Sandstone Fair (Door Maze)
- Sandstone Fair (West beach) to Lighthouse (Beach)
- Lighthouse (Den Reslig Farkost Aventyrare or Lighthouse Wipeout Course)
- Lighthouse (Old Lighthouse)
- Hamanei (Akane Tree)
At the start of the leg, teams were informed they were to ride MRT Blue Line until teams spot the Amazing Race colors. Teams had to figure out that the colors were on the Music's Gems in Sandstone Fair. Upon arrival, teams had encountered the Roadblock, asking "Who's ready to open and close?". One team member made their way into the door maze in the amusement park and had to search inside for a chest containing their next clue. Once the team member had found the clue, they had to find the exit to the maze to reunite with their teammate.
Teams then were instructed to make their way by boat to Lighthouse. In there, teams searched for their clue inside the boat they were specified to take.
In Lighthouse, teams were presented with the Detour: Ship or Course. In Ship, teams made their way to the large marked pirate ship and had to find the captain of the ship on the masts to receive their next clue. In Course, teams headed to Ye Olde Beach Path and had to complete the Wipeout Course to receive their next clue. Both led teams to the top of the Old Lighthouse near the MRT Station.
In The Old Lighthouse, teams found the Double U-Turn board. The next clue after the U-Turn sent them to the Hamanei, specifically the Akane Tree for the Pit Stop.
Leg 8 (Hamanei ➝ Laurel ➝ Department of Defense ➝ Whelburn)
Airdate: July 5, 2015
- Hamanei (PVP arena - Plane crash)
- Laurel (City entrance)
- Laurel (Apartment Complex 200 or Laurel Library)
- Laurel (Laurel Station) to Department of Defense (Department of Defense Station)
- Department of Defense (Cafe)
- Whelburn (Whelburn Church)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to make their way to the place crash in the Abandoned PVP Arena in the outskirts of Hamanei. The clue directed teams to Laurel, where they found their clue at the entrance of the city.
At Laurel, teams encountered the Detour: Physical or Mental. In Physical, teams had to complete the ladder parkour on Apartment Complex 200 to receive their next clue. In Mental, teams had search for the clue inside the Laurel Library. For cal76 & Gopher, they had to make make their way to the Bow Club Clubhouse and grabbed a bow and a few arrows to shoot the bulls eye for each target. When all the targets had a firework launched and the lights were on, they were allowed to continue on with the race.
Teams were then instructed to make their way by MRT to Department of Defense. There, teams found the Roadblock, asking "Who loves music?". One team member made their way to the Cafe and had to replicate the tone played there to receive their next clue. Teams then were told to travel to the Pit Stop, Whelburn Church.
Leg 9 (Whelburn ➝ Hillside-Pagoda ➝ Silverhaven ➝ Stadium-New Boston ➝ Kitania)
Airdate: July 5, 2015
- Hillside-Pagoda (Abandoned building)
- Hillside-Pagoda (Hillside Stadium)
- Hillside-Pagoda (Hillside-Pagoda Station) to Silverhaven (Silverhaven Station)
- Silverhaven (Gas station)
- Stadium-New Boston (Y23 Stadium)
- Kitania (Grand Park)
At the start of the leg, teams were informed to travel by horse to find a Race flag along their trip to find the next clue.
The clue was in Hillside-Pagoda and was for the Roadblock, asked "Who knows the course the best?". Both team members were specified to make their way to the Hillside Stadium. One team member had to go into the stadium and place numbered maps in the order of place visited on the race. If correct, teams were then given the clue that directed them to travel to Silverhaven by the MRT Yellow Line.
At Silverhaven, teams found their clue at a local gas station. Teams faced their second memory challenge there. Teams had to make their way across the gas station and search through different structures for eight structures that have been at each Pit Stop. If correct, they would have receive their next clue.
Teams were then directed to Stadium-New Boston to find their next clue in the Y23 Stadium, where teams would find their final memory challenge. Teams were to make their way onto the field of the stadium and find the country flags of the original builder of the specified locations visited. The correct country banners were as follows:
|Location||User & Country|
|Leg 1 Pit Stop||Germany (unjinz)|
|Leg 2 Pit Stop||United Kingdom (ThaneFein)|
|Leg 3 airport flown to||Italy (CortesiRaccoon)|
|Leg 4 Pit Stop||Canada (Music3_0)|
|Leg 5 Roadblock||United States of America (jphgolf4321)|
|Leg 6 airport flown to||The Netherlands (autobus22)|
|Leg 7 Pit Stop||United Kingdom (tarheelscouse)|
|Leg 8 Detour||United States of America (Tom_Pairs)|
|Leg 9 Roadblock||Australia (yeamantor132)|
When all nine flag banners were displayed in the correct order, they would receive their final clue, sending them to the Finish Line at Kitania Grand Park.