The Amazing Race 8
|The Amazing Race 8|
|Dates||December 23, 2017, December 30, 2017, & January 27, 2018|
|No. of teams||9|
|No. of legs||9|
|Winning team||godzilltrain & mine_man_|
|MRT worlds visited||2|
|Preceded by||The Amazing Race 7|
|Followed by||The Amazing Race 9|
The season premiered on December 23, 2017 and the season finale is was held on January 27, 2018.
- 1 Production
- 2 Results
- 3 Episode title quotes
- 4 Prizes
- 5 Race summary
- 5.1 Leg 1 (Fort Yaxier ➝ Elecna Bay ➝ Isle of Chez & Forgotten Isle ➝ Whiteley)
- 5.2 Leg 2 (Whiteley ➝ Birdhall ➝ Heampstead ➝ Vermilion)
- 5.3 Leg 3 (Vermilion ➝ Vekta ➝ Xandar ➝ Espil)
- 5.4 Leg 4 (Espil ➝ Daneburg ➝ Kolpino City ➝ Amphitheatre ➝ High Hoopsville ➝ Eisitasi)
- 5.5 Leg 5 (Eisitasi ➝ Spawn City ➝ Parkour City ➝ Fairfax ➝ Atlanta)
- 5.6 Leg 6 (Atlanta ➝ Foobar ➝ Spring Valley ➝ Storalisburg ➝ Wazamawazi ➝ Jeeka)
- 5.7 Leg 7 (Jeeka ➝ Kessler ➝ Waterville ➝ Orio ➝ Konawa ➝ Lanark ➝ Quiris)
- 5.8 Leg 8 (Quiris ➝ Ravenna ➝ St. Anna ➝ Geneva Bay)
- 5.9 Leg 9 (Geneva Bay ➝ Bakersville ➝ Woodsdale ➝ Wythern ➝ Fort Yaxier)
The season was announced on the wiki on October 29, 2017, where it was stated that it would occur between December 2017 and January 2018. Shortly thereafter, applications were opened. The starting line was announced to occur on December 23, 2017 on December 2, 2017. After the first session, on the same day, the second session's time was announced to occur on December 30, 2017. After the second session, on the same day, the finale's session time was announced to occur on January 6, 2018, before it was moved to January 20, 2018 and then to January 27, 2018 on January 1, 2018 due to scheduling conflicts.
As seen before in seasons four, six, and seven, members were allowed to make guesses for the starting city. Each member had a free guess and each guess after costed money. Members were allowed to guess in mid-December. On December 16, 2017, BernCow guessed the starting city correctly, and it was revealed that Fort Yaxier's L'isola di Porco Rosso would be the starting line.
This season was the first game show where the starting time of sessions occurred an hour earlier than previous game shows. The starting time was moved from 8:00 p.m. UTC to 7:00 p.m. UTC. This season marks the first time that Frumple has streamed a game show on the server.
This season spanned 37 cities over two worlds, with first-time visits to the New World cities of the Isle of Chez, Forgotten Isle, Heampstead, Vekta, Avalon, Spring Valley, Jeeka, Waterville, Orio, Ravenna, Geneva Bay, Bakersville, Woodsdale, and Wythern and the Old World city of High Hoopsville.
It was announced after the seventh leg that Armada was supposed to be visited on the original Race course; however, it was undergoing renovations and had to be removed from the course. As a result, Lanark and Quiris were added to the route of this season. Additionally, a challenge in Ravenna had to be discarded and a Roadblock in Konawa was made into a Detour. For the first time in the show's history, teams crossed into Epsilon terrain, which only occurred at the starting line.
Applications opened on November 5, 2017 and were closed on December 16, 2017. From there, nine teams and three singles were added to the list to participate in the Race. Out of those teams, seven full teams showed up, with a substitute needed for MindBender15, which was MC_Protocol, who later became Baseball02's teammate, as he ran the whole race with MC_Protocol. As per usual, walk-ins to join the Race on the day were permitted, which allowed TalonPlays to join. TalonPlays was originally supposed to have a partner, but was eliminated before that partner joined him.
|Name||Country||Team name & color||Place|
|godzilltrain||United Kingdom||Retribution||1st place|
|KittyCat11231||United States of America||Fossack Monseca||2nd place|
|_Kastle||United States of America|
|FredTheTimeLord||United States of America||Denieded Sponge||3rd place|
|hvt2011||United States of America||BluBirds||4th place|
|jphgolf4321||United States of America||The Dynasty||5th place|
|Narnia17||United States of America|
|Cookie46910||United States of America||I'm lagg...ing||6th place|
|AyyLion||United States of America|
|Baseball02||United States of America||The Baseball Protocol||7th place|
|MC_Protocol||United States of America|
|MaxStewartS||United States of America||Team Rocking Rich||8th place|
|woorich999||United States of America|
|TalonPlays||United States of America||Team South India||9th place|
The following teams participated in the Race, each listed along with their placements in each leg and team names. Note that this table is not necessarily reflective of all content due to inclusion or exclusion of some data. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Team||Team Name||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks|
|godzilltrain & mine_man_||Retribution||1st||4th⋐||1st⊃||2nd||1st||3rd||1st||1st||1st||godzilltrain 6, mine_man_ 5|
|KittyCat11231 & _Kastle||Fossack Monseca||2nd||7th⊃||4th2||1st||2nd||4th||2nd||2nd||2nd||KittyCat11231 5, _Kastle 6|
|FredTheTimeLord & autobus22||Denieded Sponge||5th||1st⋑||2nd⊂||3rd||5th||5th4||3rd||3rd||3rd||FredTheTimeLord 5, autobus22 6|
|hvt2011 & megascatterbomb||BluBirds||4th||3rd||5th||6thƒ||4th||2nd||4th||4th5||hvt2011 4, megascatterbomb 5|
|jphgolf4321 & Narnia17||The Dynasty||3rd||2nd⊂||3rd||4th||3rd||1st||5th||jphgolf4321 4, Narnia17 5|
|Cookie46910 & AyyLion||I'm lagg...ing||6th||6th||7th3||5th||6th||Cookie46910 3, AyyLion 3|
|Baseball02 & MC_Protocol||The Baseball Protocol||7th||5th||6th||7th||Baseball02 2, MC_Protocol 3|
|MaxStewartS & woorich999||Team Rocking Rich||8th||8th||MaxStewartS 1, woorich999 2|
|TalonPlays||Team South India||9th||TalonPlays 01|
- A red team placement indicates that the team was eliminated.
- A underlined blue team placement indicates that the team was the last to arrive at a Pit Stop in a non-elimination leg of the race.
- A green ƒ indicates that the team won a Fast Forward.
- A brown ⊃ or a cyan ⋑ indicates that the team chose to use one of the two U-Turns in a Double U-Turn; ⊂ or ⋐ indicates the team who received it.
- 1. ^ All the teams had checked in and TalonPlays was eliminated in Elecna Bay before reaching a Roadblock.
- 2. ^ KittyCat11231 had uCar-glitched down the MRT Circle Line and thus received a 10 minute time penalty, allowing teams to bypass his team, dropping KittyCat11231 & _Kastle from 2nd to 4th.
- 3. ^ AyyLion opted to take a 25 minute time penalty for the Roadblock.
- 4. ^ autobus22 had closed an airplane door at MRT International Airport and delayed teams. Thus, his team received a 10 minute time penalty, which allowed teams to bypass them, dropping FredTheTimeLord & autobus22 from 3rd to 5th.
- 5. ^ hvt2011 & megascatterbomb initially arrived 1st, but did not find the clue at the St. Anna Lighthouse, having arrived at the Pit Stop accidentally by chance. They had to backtrack to retrieve the clue and boat to Geneva Bay. All the other three teams checked-in while they went back, dropping hvt2011 & megascatterbomb to 4th.
Episode title quotes
Episode titles are often taken as quotes from the racers.
- "Are We Pirates Yet?" -Narnia17
- "You Can Become A True New Zealander Now" -megascatterbomb
- "Stay Healthy, Don't Die!" -mine_man_
- "I Don't Want To Learn How To Sing Again" -mine_man_
- "Cruel and Unusual Punishment" -jphgolf4321
- "Please Stop Stripping Santa" -MinecraftYoshi26
- "Ding Dong, I Have Baked Goods" -Narnia17
- "Just A Hunch, But Anything's Worth It" -megascatterbomb
- "I Should Start My Own Religion" -mine_man_
The prize for each leg is awarded to the first place team for that leg.
- Leg 1 – A trip for two to Evella & $15 each.
- Leg 2 – A trip for two to Vegeta & $25 each.
- Leg 3 – A trip for two to Chalxior & $35 each.
- Leg 4 – A trip for two to Covina & $45 each.
- Leg 5 – A trip for two to San Reinoldi & $55 each.
- Leg 6 – A trip for two to Saint Roux & $65 each.
- Leg 7 – A trip for two to Arisa & $75 each.
- Leg 8 – A trip for two to Whitechapel & $85 each.
- Leg 9 – $10,000.
|Destinations||Air travel Rail travel Water travel Bus travel|
|Route Markers||Detour Roadblock Fast Forward U-Turn Speed Bump Pit Stop|
Leg 1 (Fort Yaxier ➝ Elecna Bay ➝ Isle of Chez & Forgotten Isle ➝ Whiteley)
Airdate: December 23, 2017
- Fort Yaxier, New World (L'isola di Porco Rosso) (Starting Line)
- Fort Yaxier (Gemstone Park)
- Elecna Bay (Elecna Bay Commerce Tower)
- Elecna Bay (Elecna Bay Seaport) to Isle of Chez (Dock)
- Isle of Chez (jCraft Aquatics)
- Forgotten Isle (Settlement Hall)
- Isle of Chez (Dock) to Whiteley (Whiteley Waterport)
- Whiteley (Terrence Henry Scouse Monument)
- Whiteley (Harbour Lane)
- Whiteley (Turing Square)
At the Starting Line of The Amazing Race 8, which took place at L'isola di Porco Rosso in Fort Yaxier, teams were told that they would have to use a wooden boat to get to a buoy in the water and grab a clue to find out their next destination. The clue on the buoy told teams to continue to boat to Fort Yaxier and find Gemstone Park to find their next clue.
At Gemstone Park, teams were instructed to travel to the nearby town of Elecna Bay and find the Elecna Bay Commerce Tower near the MRT station to receive their next clue. There, teams were told to travel via boat from the Elecna Bay Seaport to the Isle of Chez.
At the Isle of Chez, teams had to find the jCraft Aquatics store. Once at the store, teams were instructed to travel by a single boat (one passenger and one steerer) north to Forgotten Isle to find Settlement Hall, where teams faced a Roadblock asking: "Who's ready to find sunken treasure?". One team member had to grab water breathing potions from inside the hall and use them to dive into the water behind the building to search in brown shulker boxes for a clue inside. The clue told teams to boat back to the Isle of Chez to take a boat to Whiteley.
At Whiteley, teams were instructed to travel south from the Whiteley Waterport and find the Terrance Henry Scouse Monument, where they faced the second Roadblock, asking "Who’s ready to shop?". The team member who did not do the first Roadblock had to do this one. One team member had to make their way to Harbour Lane and search the shops that lined the road for three different shops for chests that contained pieces of paper that would rearrange to tell them the first Pit Stop, Turing Square.
Leg 2 (Whiteley ➝ Birdhall ➝ Heampstead ➝ Vermilion)
Airdate: December 23, 2017
- Whiteley (Turing Square) to Whiteley (Olympia-Cacturne Boulevards Station)
- Whiteley (Olympia-Cacturne Boulevards Railway Station) to Birdhall (Birdhall Transit Hub)
- Birdhall (Spurnton Point)
- Birdhall (Birdhall Transit Hub) to Heampstead (Kings Cross Railway Terminal)
- Heampstead (Heampstead Convention Center)
- Heampstead (Heampstead Waterport) to Vermilion (Vermilion Ventura Waterport)
- Vermilion (South Beach Promenade)
- Vermilion (Saffron Island)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to take a bus from Turing Square to Olympia-Cacturne Boulevards Station. Once there, teams were to travel via train to Birdhall.
Upon arrival, teams were told to find the finish line of the fourth season of the Race, Spurnton Point. Once at the Main Viewpoint, teams faced the Detour: Caving or Digging. In Caving, teams had to make their way into a marked cave below and search through the cave for their next clue. In Digging, teams had to also make their way down the hill and dig in a sand pit using the provided tools to find a hidden dispenser to get their next clue.
Both Detours told teams to go back to the Birdhall Transit Hub and travel on the same train to Heampstead and find the Heampstead Convention Center where teams were told to search through melon block boxes to find one with a chest in the center to get their next clue.
That clue told teams to travel by boat to Vermilion and find South Beach Promenade. There, teams faced the Roadblock, asking "Who's ready to go for a rescue?". One team member had to take a boat from the southern peninsula and find a sheep colored their team color and take one back at a time by pushing them into the passenger of the wooden boat. Then, they must disembark the sheep and place it into the large pen using a provided lead. After there are two colored sheep in the pen, teams would receive their next clue. The lead was not allowed to be used to put the sheep in the boat or to bring the sheep back with. The next clue told teams to make their way to the next Pit Stop, Saffron Island.
Leg 3 (Vermilion ➝ Vekta ➝ Xandar ➝ Espil)
Airdate: December 23, 2017
- Vermilion (Vermilion-University Station) to Isthmus Station
- Vekta (The Hive)
- Xandar (G-Tech Tower)
- Xandar (Xandar Station) to Espil (Espil - Eisli North)
- Espil (Deltix Plaza)
- Espil (SkyZone or Cormak Two Apartments)
- Espil (Espilian Doubles Square)
- Espil (Espil-Waverly Border Park)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to make their way to Vermilion-University Station in the Polaris District and take the train to Isthmus Station. Once there, teams had to make their way east to Vekta and find The Hive. At the building, teams faced a Roadblock, asking "Who's ready to escalate things?" One team member had to enter the tallest room in the building and float their way to the hole at the top by using shulkers' attacks to get their next clue which told them to travel to Xandar and find the G-Tech Tower.
The clue in Xandar directed teams to travel by MRT south to Espil - Eisli North to find Deltix Plaza to receive their next clue. At Deltix Plaza, teams faced the Detour: Bounce Up or Teleport Up. In Bounce Up, teams had to make their way west to SkyZone and complete a slime jumping course to receive their next clue. In Teleport Up, teams had to make their way east to the front of the Cormak Two Apartments and use ender pearls and golden apples to teleport to the top of the building to receive their next clue. Both Detours led teams to Espilian Doubles Square for the U-Turn Board. Teams then were instructed to make their way to the Pit Stop at Espil-Waverly Border Park.
Leg 4 (Espil ➝ Daneburg ➝ Kolpino City ➝ Amphitheatre ➝ High Hoopsville ➝ Eisitasi)
Airdate: December 30, 2017
- Daneburg (Daneburg Harbour)
- Daneburg (Daneburg Main Station) to Kolpino City (Kolpino Embassy Lane Station)
- Kolpino City (Russian Festival)
- Kolpino City (Kolpino Marina Building)
- Avalon (Avalon Museum)
- Kolpino City (Kolpino Cathedral)
- Kolpino City (Lubov Theatre)
- Kolpino City (Kolpino City Airport) to Amphitheatre, Old World (Amphibio Airport Amphitheatre) via Achowalogen Takachsin-Covina International Airport
- Amphitheatre (MRT Amphitheatre)
- High Hoopsville (The Final Nexus Tower)
- High Hoopsville (Grand Quartz Tower)
- High Hoopsville (High Hoopsville Bus Terminal) to Eisitasi (Bus station)
- Eisitasi (Eisitasi Base entrance)
- Eisitasi (Eisitasi Base - Laboratories)
- Eisitasi (Eisitasi Theme Park)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to make their way to Daneburg and find Daneburg Harbour to find their next clue.
The clue told teams to travel by train to Daneburg Main Station to Kolpino City at Kolpino Embassy Lane Station by RaiLinQ. Once in Kolpino City, teams were instructed to head west from the station and find the Russian Festival to find their next clue. The clue told teams to travel to Kolpino Cathedral, where they were told to search to find their next clue in an item frame in the seats. For Cookie46910 and AyyLion, they had to go to the nearby Kolpino Marina Building and repair a side of windows by finding a yellow shulker box inside the building before continuing on with the Race. The Fast Forward required teams to travel to Avalon and find the Avalon Museum. There, teams would have to go inside the museum to find three marked pieces and recreate the three pieces on one of the side roads outside of the museum. When checked, if all three are deemed perfect, the first team to complete the challenge received their clue to the Pit Stop. Teams were then directed to make their way to the Lubov Theatre, where they faced a Roadblock, asking "Who wants to hear some tunes?". One team member had to enter the theater and open a YouTube video link provided which contained a compilation of 15 songs. The selected team member had to memorize as many as they could, and then would be played three songs, one at a time, and if the team member could name at least two out of the three, they would receive their next clue; however, if the team member did not get two out of the three, they would have to run down the stairs and wait in for their turn, if there is a queue, to try again. If not done correctly after ten attempts, they would be automatically given their next clue and a 10 minute penalty. This challenge is an modified version of an infamous Roadblock from season four.
The next clue told teams to take a flight from Kolpino City Airport with a connection through Achowalogen Takachsin-Covina International Airport to the first Pit Stop in the test season or to the location of The Snapshot Episode 27, Amphitheatre. At the MRT Amphitheatre, teams were told to travel to High Hoopsville and find The Final Nexus Tower. In High Hoopsville, teams had to go across a tightrope from The Final Nexus Tower to Grand Quartz Tower to receive their next clue.
The next clue told teams to travel via bus to Eisitasi and find their next clue outside the Eisitasi Base entrance. There, teams faced the Detour: Redstone or Drop Zone. For both Detours, team had to make their way to the Eisitasi Base's Laboratories. In Redstone, teams had to choose an empty small lab and use logic by solving a redstone puzzle to turn a light on. Once the light is one, teams received their next clue. In Drop Zone, teams had to replicate a picture by using concrete powder and dropping it from a height. Once the picture matched the image, they received their next clue. Both Detours led teams to the Pit Stop, the Eisitasi Theme Park.
Leg 5 (Eisitasi ➝ Spawn City ➝ Parkour City ➝ Fairfax ➝ Atlanta)
Airdate: December 30, 2017
- Eisitasi (Bus stop) to Spawn City (Bus Depot)
- Spawn City (Trusted Tower)
- Spawn City (Retalo Building)
- Spawn City (Spawn Station)
- or Spawn City to Parkour City (Floating Gardens)
- Parkour City (Bob's Beats)
- Parkour City (Parkour City Bus Station) to Fairfax (Fairfax Northern Cross)
- Fairfax (Forrest Gump Park)
- Fairfax (Yukongate Gymnasium or Pool building)
- Atlanta (Le Kiwi Manor Royale Estate)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to take a bus from the Bus stop between the city and the base to the Spawn City Bus Depot. Once in Spawn City, teams were instructed to find Trusted Tower to receive their next clue. There, teams were instructed to head to the top of the building and find the marked ledge to jump off of. Teams had to jump off and land in the water to receive their next clue. The next clue directed teams to travel to Spawn Station and search the first floor of the station for their next clue. Written on a sign on the large map in the station, the sign told teams to travel by bus or train to Parkour City.
In Parkour City, teams had to find Stage 2-3, also known as the Floating Gardens. There, teams faced the Roadblock, asking "Who's ready to bounce to the beat?". One team member had to find Stage 1-2, Bob’s Beats, and complete a set of parkour to receive their next clue.
Teams were then instructed to travel by bus to the Fairfax Northern Cross in Fairfax and find Forrest Gump Park where they would have to search the grounds for their next clue. Teams then faced the Detour: Physical or Mental. In Physical, teams had to make their way to Yukonate Gymnasium and compete in a battle to the death against an opponent. If won, then they would receive their next clue. If not, then they would have to wait in the queue if there is one. In Mental, teams had to make their way to the pool building neighboring and calculate the number of water blocks in the large pool. If they get the exact number, 5481, they would receive their next clue. Both Detours led teams to travel to Atlanta and find Le Kiwi Manor Royale Estate for the Pit Stop.
Leg 6 (Atlanta ➝ Foobar ➝ Spring Valley ➝ Storalisburg ➝ Wazamawazi ➝ Jeeka)
Airdate: December 30, 2017
- Foobar (Classic Castle)
- Foobar (MRT Maze)
- MRT International Airport to Spring Valley, New World (Spring Valley Regional Airfield) via Utopia (Anthony Fokker Regional Airport)
- Spring Valley (The Quartz Spire)
- Storalisburg (Ben’s Bakery)
- Wazamawazi (Wazamawazi City Center)
- Jeeka (Hickory River Plaza)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to travel by foot to Foobar and find their clue at the Classic Castle. There, teams faced the Roadblock, asking "Who wants to travel all over the MRT?". One team member had to go through a maze comprised of buildings from places all over the MRT. They had to travel through the maze until they found a room with their clue for a way out.
Once in Spring Valley, teams had to make their way to The Quartz Spire to get their next clue. There, teams had to find a Christmas display with presents underneath a tree and had to realize that they had to break a Race colored present under the tree, named their next destination "C94_Storalisburg".
At Storalisburg, teams had to realize that banners above a road were changed to red and yellow and a shop nearby, Ben’s Bakery, was marked and their clue was inside.
The next clue directed teams to travel to Wazamawazi and find Wazamawazi City Center, where they found another Roadblock, asking "Who's ready for another a-maze-ing adventure?". The team member who did not do the first Roadblock had to do this one. One team member had to enter the connected buildings and traverse through the buildings until they found their next clue, which directed teams to travel to Jeeka and find the Hickory River Plaza near the MRT station for the Pit Stop.
Leg 7 (Jeeka ➝ Kessler ➝ Waterville ➝ Orio ➝ Konawa ➝ Lanark ➝ Quiris)
Airdate: January 27, 2018
- Jeeka (Gateway Plaza)
- Jeeka (Jeeka-Zwanenbrugt Station) to Kessler (T28 Station)
- Kessler (Crystal Mines)
- Kessler (Mana Harvester)
- Kessler (Warrior's Market)
- Kessler (Kessler Station) to Waterville (Waterville - Old Town Station)
- Waterville (City Hall)
- Orio (Stairs House)
- Konawa (Locust Grove Campground - Daikanransha)
- Konawa (Konawa Olympic Park)
- Lanark (Ridgewood Chalet)
- Lanark (Lanark Railway Station) to Quiris (Quiris Station)
- Quiris (Ripine University)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to travel north to find Gateway Plaza for their next clue.
The next clue directed teams to travel by MRT from Jeeka-Zwanenbrugt Station to T28 MRT station to Kessler's Crystal Mines. There, teams were instructed to travel to the main Kessler area and find the Mana Harvester. For autobus22 and FredTheTimeLord, they had to craft a set of iron armor using iron nuggets and place them on an armor stand before continuing with the Race. At the Mana Harvester, teams faced a Roadblock, asking "Who directs the team?". One team member had to make their way to the Warrior's Market and pick up a set of directions from the center written in cardinal directions to find a sand block which they must dig down to find their next clue immediately below the sand.
The next clue directed teams to drive themselves to the Locust Grove Campground and find the Daikanransha in Konawa, where they were then directed to travel further north to the Konawa Olympic Park, where they faced the Detour: Map Mayhem or Broken Buses. In Map Mayhem, teams had to enter the Konawa Olympic Park Stadium and search through a bunch of maps on the field to recreate a 4x3 map of Konawa from a key. If the map is correct, they received their next clue. In Broken Buses, teams had to make their way to three marked bus stops also in the Konawa Olympic Park and pick up nearly an inventory’s worth items from each bus stop from their respective team colored shulker boxes. Then, they had to deliver them to the house on the west side of the park. Once all deliveries were made, they received their next clue.
Leg 8 (Quiris ➝ Ravenna ➝ St. Anna ➝ Geneva Bay)
Airdate: January 27, 2018
- Quiris (Dean's Estate Park)
- Quiris (Thinest Garrison or Markovi Theatre)
- Quiris (Quiris Station or Quiris Junction Station or Quiris North Station) to Ravenna (Ravenna Union Station)
- Ravenna (Ravenna Amphitheatre)
- Ravenna (Quartz Shop)
- Ravenna (Ravenna Union Station) to St. Anna (Saint Anna Station)
- St. Anna (Lake Oscar)
- St. Anna (Drivers Training and Exam Course)
- St. Anna (Lighthouse of St. Anna)
- Geneva Bay (Asuka Memorial Harbor Bridge)
- Geneva Bay (Lighthouse Watertaxi Station)
- Geneva Bay (Town Hall Plaza)
At the start of the leg, teams were to travel east to find Dean’s Estate Park and search the park for their next clue, which was a Detour: Pops or Props. In Pops, teams had to take a bus near the park to North Quiris and find the Thinest Garrison. There, teams had to recreate a launched firework. If they were correct, teams received their next clue. In Props, teams had to make their way east and find the Markovi Theatre. There, teams had to recreate a scene on stage using armor stand tools and blocks provided on a mock-up stage behind the theater. Once all of the props were in place, teams received their next clue. The next clue told teams to travel by train from either Quiris Station, Quiris Junction Station, or Quiris North Station to Ravenna Union Station.
Once in Ravenna, teams were instructed to find the Ravenna Amphitheatre to find half of their clue. To find the other half of the clue, teams had to search the builds surrounding the station. The second half of their clue was in a red and yellow shop, and in the chest, teams found their next clue.
The clue told teams to travel to St. Anna by Ravenna Union Station and find their clue at a lake with a pig in it, referring to Lake Oscar. The next clue directed teams to find the Drivers Training and Exam Course for their next clue, where they faced a Roadblock asking: "Who drives the team?". The selected team member had to follow a set of traffic laws while driving in a miniature course. Once the course is done correctly under 30 seconds, teams received their next clue that told them to drive south down the B12 until they see a route marker near the road. The marker directed teams to walk a path through the mountains to the Lighthouse of St. Anna, where they would find their next clue.
The clue at the lighthouse directed teams to take a wooden boat and sail along the coastline to Geneva Bay. There, teams were told to find their clue hanging from Asuka Memorial Harbor Bridge. The clue there told teams to only get off their boat at the Lighthouse Watertaxi Station then to travel to the next Pit Stop, Town Hall Plaza.
Leg 9 (Geneva Bay ➝ Bakersville ➝ Woodsdale ➝ Wythern ➝ Fort Yaxier)
Airdate: January 27, 2018
- Geneva Bay (Docks) to Bakersville (Dock)
- Bakersville (Garden Towers)
- Bakersville (Bakersville - Hobelt District Station) to Woodsdale (Woodsdale Station)
- Woodsdale (Haw Par Villa)
- Woodsdale (Woodsdale Municipal Airport) to Marblelake Heathrow International Airport
- Wythern (One Monument Square)
- Wythern (The Ballpark at Wythern)
- Wythern (Wythern Transit Hub) to Fort Yaxier (Fort Yaxier Central Station)
- Fort Yaxier (Tri-Ring Projection)
- Fort Yaxier (Pearl Coast Armed Forces Omega Base)
- Fort Yaxier (L'isola di Porco Rosso)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to travel to the nearby docks and transfer through Hummingbird Boat Lines to get to Bakersville and find the Garden Towers. There, teams faced their first memory challenge. Teams would have to make their way up the tower to their marked rooms and correctly place heads and colored shirts corresponding to the order in which previous teams were eliminated.
Teams were then instructed to travel south to the closest MRT station and take the MRT to Woodsdale and find Haw Par Villa. There, teams would find a large screen that stated "FLY FROM CWB to ??? AND THEN GO TO ?????? AND FIND ONE MONUMENT SQUARE". In front of the board, teams found a clue box that had their next clue, which was the final Roadblock, asking "Who wants a flashback to Leg 1?". One team member had to complete the first Roadblock in the Race by searching shulker boxes in the water for a piece of paper.
The piece of paper completed the statement on the board, directing teams to travel from Woodsdale Municipal Airport to Marblelake Heathrow International Airport and travel to Wythern to find One Monument Square for their next clue. Teams then had to travel to the place similarly pictured on the wiki on The Amazing Race 7's page for Leg 7 in Wythern. The photo is that of a baseball field in Utopia. That directed teams to The Ballpark at Wythern. Once there, teams faced their second memory challenge. Teams entered their marked room and opened a link to a simplistic map of the worlds, with dots numbered on the map. Teams would have to place the corresponding numbers to the locations described on their room.
|The Quartz Spire||Spring Valley|
|A pig named Oscar||St. Anna|
|Something Good, Only You, Maybe, Fire Starter, Rather Be||Kolpino City|
|Roadblock: A maze||Foobar|
|Roadblock on an "Isle"||Forgotten Isle|
|Melon block breaking||Heampstead|
|Redstone OR Drop Zone||Eisitasi|
|Clue hanging from a bridge||Geneva Bay|
Once all were correct, teams were directed to travel by train out of the Wythern Transit Hub to Fort Yaxier Central Station. Once there, teams had to find the Tri-Ring Projection for their next clue.
The next clue directed teams to find the Pearl Coast Armed Forces Omega Base for their final memory challenge. Teams had to complete a crossword pertaining to events, challenges, and sights on the Race. Once the crossword was complete, teams were instructed to travel to the Starting Line for the Finish Line, L'isola di Porco Rosso.