The Amazing Race 12
|The Amazing Race 12|
|Winner(s)||hvt2011 & MikeRoma|
|Season run||August 13, 2022 - September 4, 2022|
|No. of teams||12|
|No. of legs||11|
|No. of towns visited||33|
|No. of MRT worlds visited||2|
|No. of servers visited||1|
|Preceded by||The Amazing Race 11|
|Followed by||The Amazing Race 13|
The Amazing Race 12 is the twelfth season of The Amazing Race. It featured 12 teams of two in a race around the world for a $10,000 grand prize. This season marked the first game show that McYoshi26 hosted since Modgate.
The season premiered on August 13, 2022, and held its season finale on September 4, 2022.
An event described as "similar" to The Amazing Race was teased by McYoshi26 in a poll, stating:
"To gauge some interest - how many people would be interested in participating if I held a racing-style event that had sessions of like 4-4.5 hours on weekends, similar to how The Amazing Race was run? Haven't worked out all the details yet but hoping to get quite a bit of interest - tell your friends to give their opinion here ASAP!"
The poll received 17 "interested" votes and seven "somewhat interested" votes. The season was officially announced with a Discord message in #event-announcements on July 2, 2022.
On July 8, 2022, the first session was announced to occur on August 13, 2022. Following the first session, the second session was announced to occur as August 20, 2022. On August 17, 2022, McYoshi26 announced the final two sessions were planned to be held on September 3 and 4, 2022, pending eliminations.
The planning of the route of the season officially began on June 27, 2022, with all towns and locations visited being selected by July 1, 2022. The planning of the season was completed on July 30, 2022. An extra leg was created during the week prior to the premiere in case there was an abundance of teams at the start, which was officially added to the planned route on August 12, 2022, a day before the premiere. The new leg added three towns to the route that were not originally planned to be visited: Lanatam, Skogheim, and Kaloro City.
As seen in previous seasons, members were allowed to make guesses for the starting city. Each member had a free guess and each guess after costed money. Members were allowed to guess starting on July 15, 2022. About 30 minutes after it opened, 0x10 guessed the starting city correctly, and it was revealed that The Getty in Gray Cloud would be the starting line.
This season spanned 33 towns , with first-time visits to the New World towns of Sansvikk, Porton, Akureyri, Weston, Lanatam, Kaloro City, Spruce Neck, MRT Land, Caravaca, Lapis Bay, Chansee, Lumia, Nymphalia, Encinitas, Malosa, Celina, and Rivarennes and the Old World city of Crystal City.
At the start of the second session, it was announced that this season would be the first to feature the Head-to-Head.
On July 31, 2022, McYoshi26 announced that, for the first time, notes would not be allowed to be used during the final leg.
Conric005 developed the second version of the Amazing Race Horse spawn eggs for the season as the first version no longer worked.
Glowbus was planned to be featured for the first time during the fifth leg by having the Double U-Turn board; however, it was cut from the route between the first and second sessions, with the U-Turn being moved to Audenville. Itokani was planned to be visited in the final leg, but was cut between the first and second sessions. Between the second and third sessions, a Head-to-Head involving PVP in Caravaca was cut and replaced with a different miscellaneous task.
The interest form, formerly known as an application, was opened on July 7, 2022, and closed on July 15, 2022. Before the premiere, 12 teams and one single were on the list to participate in the Race and all of those teams participated, with no team dropouts. The single, Minecraft252, was unable to compete due to a lack of space. As per usual, walk-ins to join the Race on the day were permitted, pending space, but none were there nor accepted.
|Name||Team name & color||Place|
|hvt2011||IKEA BLÅHAJS||1st place|
|KittyCat11231||Segville Air||2nd place|
|VickiTori_||Sliced Cheese||3rd place|
|ArizTrad||Tyler and Korey||4th place|
(Eliminated in Secunda, New World)
|Seshpenguin||Konqi Fan Club||5th place|
(Eliminated in Chansee, New World)
|PtldKnight||PCC Simps||6th place|
(Eliminated in Victoria, New World)
(Quit in Segville, New World)
|0x10||Field of Corn||8th place|
(Eliminated in Audenville, Old World)
(Eliminated in Spawn City, Old World)
|Narnia17||Musketeer Madness||10th place|
(Eliminated in Skogheim, New World)
|LondonThameslink||Retour Ticket||11th place|
(Eliminated in Akureyri, New World)
|frogggggg||We Woke Up At 2am||12th place|
(Eliminated in Porton, New World)
The following teams participated in the Race, each listed along with their placements in each leg and team names. Placements are listed in finishing order.
- A red team placement indicates that the team was eliminated.
- A underlined blue team placement indicates that the team was the last to arrive at a Pit Stop in a non-elimination leg of the race.
- A green ƒ indicates that the team won a Fast Forward. If placed next to a leg number, this indicates that the Fast Forward was available for that leg but not used.
- A brown ⊃ or a cyan ⋑ indicates that the team chose to use one of the two U-Turns in a Double U-Turn; ⊂ or ⋐ indicates the team who received it.
- An orange + next to a leg number indicates that there was a Head-to-Head on that leg, while an orange − indicates the team that lost the final Head-to-Head and was issued a five minute penalty at the Pit Stop.
- A purple ε indicates that the team decided to use the Express Pass on that leg.
|Team||Team Name||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks|
|hvt2011 & MikeRoma||IKEA BLÅHAJS||2nd||2nd||2nd||4th||2nd⋑||1st||4th||2nd||2nd||2nd||1st||hvt2011 8, MikeRoma 6|
|KittyCat11231 & SimonScholar||Segville Air||1st||10th[a]ε[b]||3rd||1st||1st⊃||4th||1st||1st||1st||1st||2nd||KittyCat11231 7, SimonScholar 7|
|VickiTori_ & bro1bro2||Sliced Cheese||6th||5th||7th||7th||3rd||2nd||6th||4th⊃||4th||3rd||3rd||VickiTori_ 7, bro1bro2 7|
|ArizTrad & Cookie46910||Tyler and Korey||3rd||1st||1st||2nd||7th⊂||6th||2nd||3rd⋑||3rd||4th||ArizTrad 7, Cookie46910 5|
|Seshpenguin & EspiDev||Konqi Fan Club||5th||9th||6th||6th||5th−||3rd||5th||5th⊂||5th||Seshpenguin 5, EspiDev 6|
|PtldKnight & EliteNeon||PCC Simps||4th||6th||5th[c]||3rd||4th||5th[d]||3rd||6th[e]⋐||PtldKnight 4[f], EliteNeon 5[f]|
|SansNotLuigi & woorich999||88weezer||10th[g]||4th||9th[h]||8th−||6th||7th||7th[i]||SansNotLuigi 4, woorich999 4|
|0x10 & Conric005||Field of Corn||7th||3rd||8th||5th||8th⋐||0x10 5, Conric005 1|
|worrski & Needn_NL||Penguins||11th[j]||8th||4th[k]||9th||worrski 2, Needn_NL 3|
|Narnia17 & Valkorion314||Musketeer Madness||8th||7th||10th||Narnia17 3, Valkorion314 1|
|LondonThameslink & Red_Ray||Retour Ticket||9th||11th||LondonThamesLink 0, Red_Ray 2|
|frogggggg & TheAllRounderMC||We Woke Up At 2am||12th||frogggggg 0, TheAllRounderMC 1|
Episode title quotes
Episode titles are often taken as quotes from the racers.
- "Multistep Directions" -0x10
- "How to Count From One to Ten" -SimonScholar
- "A Very Emotional Time" -Seshpenguin
- "Grapes on My Head" -bro1bro2
- "In One Eyeball, Out the Other" -KittyCat11231
- "Hopefully We're Not Dying" -VickiTori_
- "Thank You, Mr. Amadeus" -MikeRoma
- "Inventory Management Simulator" -Seshpenguin
- "We Love Representation" -Cookie46910
- "Watch This Sick Landing" -MikeRoma
- "Do My Eyes Deceive Me?" -KittyCat11231
The prize for each leg is awarded to the first place team for that leg.
- Leg 1 – A trip for two to Sylffe & $20 each.
- Leg 2 – A trip for two to Chan Bay & $30 each.
- Leg 3 – A trip for two to Falloway & $40 each.
- Leg 4 – A trip for two to Larkspur & $50 each.
- Leg 5 – A trip for two to Monte Isola & $60 each.
- Leg 6 – A trip for two to Cornus & $70 each.
- Leg 7 – A trip for two to Kenthurst & $80 each.
- Leg 8 – A trip for two to Murrville & $90 each.
- Leg 9 – A trip for two to Ellerton Fosby & $100 each.
- Leg 10 – A trip for two to Itokani & $110 each.
- Leg 11 – $10,000.
|Destinations||Air travel Rail travel Water travel Bus travel Helicopter travel Cable car travel Airship travel|
|Route markers|| Detour Roadblock Express Pass Fast Forward|
U-Turn Head-to-Head Speed Bump Pit Stop
|Icons placed after a location indicate the clue was picked up at this location,|
while icons placed before a location indicate that the clue was picked up at a prior location.
Leg 1 (Gray Cloud ➝ Sansvikk ➝ Porton)
Airdate: August 13, 2022
- Gray Cloud, New World (Gray Cloud National Park - The Getty) (Starting Line)
- Gray Cloud (Gray Cloud National Park - Reckless Point)
- Gray Cloud (Gray Cloud National Park - RMS Boaty McBoatface)
- Gray Cloud (Gray Cloud National Park - Ronald Wayne Point Lighthouse)
- Gray Cloud (Gray Cloud Main Marina) to Sansvikk (Port Sansvikk Redd Erikson)
- Sansvikk (Sansvikk MRT Himinbjorg Memorial)
- Sansvikk (Sans Club and BMT 7 parking lot)
- Sansvikk (Sansvikk Kamprad Airfield) to Porton (Porton Regional Airfield)
- Porton (Porton Suburbs Public Library)
- Porton (The Solis Amphitheatre and Clifftop Walk)
- Porton (The Porton Colossus)
At the Starting Line of The Amazing Race 12, which took place at The Getty in Gray Cloud, teams were faced with a Starting Line task. Teams had to remember the heads in a nearby pool and then jump off of a cliff into the water below. Then, teams had to identify the boat in the water below with a matching head. Once a team selected an answer, they must swim over to the RMS Boaty McBoatface to give their answer. It a team was the first team to give the correct answer, they received the Express Pass at the following location. If incorrect, the team received a 10-minute time penalty issued at the first Pit Stop. Regardless of whether the answer was correct, teams received their next clue instructing them to swim southeastward to shore to find Ronald Wayne Point Lighthouse. There, teams climbed to the top of the lighthouse and received three fireworks each and an elytra. Teams had to use the items to fly northeastward as close as they could to find Gray Cloud Marina to travel to Sansvikk.
In Sansvikk, teams had to find the Sansvikk MRT Himinbjorg Memorial. At the memorial, teams were instructed to make their way to the Sans Club to pick up a shulker box with a set of items to bring to the BMT 7 parking lot to copy an MRT version of Weezer's blue album using those items and armor stand tools. Once correct, teams received their next clue which instructed them to fly from Sansvikk Kamprad Airfield to Porton Regional Airfield.
In Porton, teams had to find the Porton Suburbs Public Library, where they found the first Roadblock, asking "Who's ready to give this Roadblock a shot?". Teams would make their way to The Solis Amphitheatre and have the selected team member pick up a low durability crossbow and an arrow. Both team members then made their way to the Clifftop Walk. The selected team had to shoot five chickens hanging from the hot air balloon. Each crossbow had the durability for five shots. If the selected team member needed to make another shot, they had to make their way back to The Solis Amphitheatre to pick up another crossbow. Once all chickens were shot, teams made their way to the first Pit Stop, The Porton Colossus.
Leg 2 (Porton ➝ Kazeshima ➝ Akureyri ➝ Weston)
Airdate: August 13, 2022
- Porton (Tulip Walk)
- Porton (Porton Regional Airfield) to Kazeshima (Kazeshima Aomi Heliport) via Sansvikk (Sansvikk Kamprad Airfield)
- Kazeshima (Chuokoen Torii Gate)
- Kazeshima (The Epsilia Headquarters and News Vending Machine near Windstore or TR and Co. Zeta West Reg. HQ)
- Kazeshima (Kazeshima Eumi Konaejima Seaplane Port) to Akureyri (Alþjóðlegur Bátur og Sjóstöð)
- Akureyri (Vestureyja to Aðaleyja Suður)
- Akureyri (Stórkirkja Akureyri)
- Akureyri (Trinity Veitingastaður, Jonasson Markaður, and Tólabúð Marka)
- Akureyri (Akureyri Station (NewRail FLR)) to Weston (Weston Harbour Station)
- Weston (Chinese Garden - Xi'nan Garden)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to travel to the nearby Tulip Walk, where they were instructed to fly from Porton Regional Airfield to Kazeshima via helicopter. Also there, teams found a Fast Forward. The Fast Forward teams had to search the southern cliffs' pathways for a matching armor stand to one adjacent to the Fast Forward clue box. Once found, the first team received the Fast Forward reward.
In Kazeshima, teams had to make their way to Chuokoen Torii Gate where they found the first Detour: News or Views. In News, teams had to make their way to The Epsilia Headquarters and pick up a book from a news vending machine that listed the locations of five vending machines on the island. Teams had to head to each vending machine to find the one with their next clue. In Views, teams had to make their way to the TR and Co. Zeta West Reg. HQ and head to a balcony to search the skyline using provided spyglasses to search the skyline for four signs, each with a word of the Japanese proverb "Nana korobi ya oki". Once all four words were found, teams received their next clue. Both Detours instructed teams to travel by local boats to find the Kazeshima Eumi Konaejima Seaplane Port to fly to Akureyri.
In Akureyri, teams had to find the Stórkirkja Akureyri, where they found the Roadblock, asking "Who knows the difference between smákökur and rauðrófur?". The selected team member had to first make their way to Trinity Veitingastaður. Once there, the selected team member would find an audio recording playing a delivery order in Icelandic. Only using the labels in shops and a provided sheet with Icelandic numbers, the selected team member had to decipher the items requested and deliver it back to them back to Trinity Veitingastaður for their next clue.
Leg 3 (Weston ➝ Espil ➝ Lanatam ➝ Skogheim)
Airdate: August 13, 2022
- Weston (Waterfront Outdoor Street Food)
- Weston (Weston Harbour) to Daneburg (Daneburg Harbour)
- Daneburg (Daneburg Main Station) to Espil (Espil - Eisli Central Station)
- Espil (EspilDown Memorial)
- Espil (Chiang Mai Restaurant)
- Espil (Iakuse River)
- Espil (Espil Ecilidae Airport) to Lanatam (Lanatam Airfield)
- Lanatam (Lanatam Gardens)
- Lanatam (Lanatam Cathedral, Orange Battery Park, Lanatam City Hall, Alley, Orange Hospital, and Central Lanatam Station)
- Lanatam (Lanatam Airfield Train Station) to Skogheim (Skogheim Central) via Savage City (Savage City Station)
- Skogheim (home of the forest)
At the start of the leg, teams had to make their way east to find Waterfront Outdoor Street Food. There, teams were instructed to make their way south to the Weston Harbour. There, teams had to travel by boat to Daneburg and then take the MRT Circle Line to Espil.
In Espil, teams had to find the EspilDown Memorial east of the MRT station, which then instructed them to travel further east to find the Chiang Mai Restaurant, where teams found Roadblock, asking "Who wants to swim in the riptide?". The selected team member had to make their north to the Iakuse River where they had to pick up a trident with the riptide enchantment and make their way to a marked starting line. Then, the selected team member had to use the trident to race down the river to reach the finish line within 30 seconds to receive their next clue.
Teams were then instructed to fly from Espil Ecilidae Airport to Lanatam Airfield. In Lanatam, teams had to make their way to the horse statue at the Lanatam Gardens, where teams found a second Roadblock, asking "Who's on the search for knowledge?" The team member who did not complete the first Roadblock had to do this one. That team member had to make their way to the Lanatam Cathedral to find questions about Lanatam. Then, they had to search among the various informational lecterns throughout Lanatam to find the answers to questions at the Lanatam Cathedral. Once all the questions were answered correctly, they received their next clue.
The clue instructed teams to Skogheim by train to find the home of the forest, the town's landmark, for the Pit Stop.
Leg 4 (Skogheim ➝ Kaloro City ➝ Spawn City ➝ Silver Spring)
Airdate: August 20, 2022
- Skogheim (Borealis Bridge)
- Skogheim (River Skogheim)
- Skogheim (Pinecone Square - Generic Food Truck)
- Skogheim (Skogheim Downtown Bus Terminal) to Kaloro City (Kaloro City West Station)
- Kaloro City (Kaloro City West Station - Mercado Express)
- Kaloro City (Kaloro City Market and Pinepark)
- Kaloro City (NWHeli Heliport) to Miu Wan (Miu Wan Tseng Tsz Leng International Airport)
- Miu Wan (Miu Wan Tseng Tsz Leng International Airport) to Arlington, Old World (Western Ocean International Airport) via Richville (Richville International Airport)
- Spawn City (Spawn City Cinema)
- Spawn City (MRT Library or Artemis Space Station, MRT Trade Center, Fyfe Tower, and Yoshi Incorporated Spawn HQ)
- Spawn City (Spawn Station) to Silver Spring (Silver Spring Station (MRT))
- Silver Spring (Yawkey Park)
At the start of the leg, teams had to make their way to the Borealis Bridge, where they found a Head to Head. In the first-ever Head-to-Head, two teams had to compete against each other in ice boat hockey. To win the Head-to-Head, a team had to score one point against the other team by, in boats, scoring the puck into the opposing team’s goal. Each match lasted for a maximum of two minutes. Once the time limit was hit, the team that arrived first to the Head-to-Head won the match. The team that lost the final match received an additional five minute penalty at the Pit Stop. Following the Head-to-Head, teams were instructed to search Pinecone Square for their next clue hidden on a food truck, which instructed them to travel by bus to Kaloro City.
In Kaloro City, teams had to find the Mercado Express in Kaloro City West Station for their next clue, which was a Roadblock, asking "Who can calculate a confusing cumulative cost?". The selected team member had to make their way to a nearby market and pick up groceries that match specifications to exactly total up to a specified budget. Then, they had to deliver them to Pinepark. If the items delivered match the specified requirements and totaled up to the budget, they received their next clue.
Teams were then instructed to fly by helicopter and plane to Western Ocean International Airport and make their way east into Spawn City. In Spawn City, teams had to make their way to the Theatre District and find the Spawn City Cinema for the Detour: Library Card or Pilot’s License. In Library Card, teams made their way to the MRT Library and had to identify excerpts from books by searching the library’s books. Once all four excerpts were identified, they received their next clue. In Pilot’s License, teams made their way to the Artemis Space Station and had each team member pilot a helicopter to land on three helipads throughout Spawn City to pick up a space helmet from each location. Additionally, teams may only exit a helicopter while on a helipad. Once a team delivered all six space helmets (three per team member) back to the space station, they received their next clue. Both Detours instructed teams to travel by the MRT to the Pit Stop at the starting line of The Amazing Race 2, Yawkey Park in Silver Spring.
Leg 5 (Silver Spring ➝ Crystal City ➝ Audenville ➝ Spruce Neck)
Airdate: August 20, 2022
- Silver Spring (Creeperdome Spleef Arena)
- Silver Spring (Silver Spring Station (MRT)) to Crystal City (Crystal City Station (MRT))
- Crystal City (Dave's Donuts Stadium)
- Crystal City (Crystal City Station (MRT)) to Audenville (Audenville Station (MRT))
- Audenville (Audenville City Hall)
- Audenville (Murder Mystery Vacation Home or Tod's U-Store Locker #004 - The Aether)
- Audenville (Home of Soleurs)
- Crystal City (Crystal City Municipal Airport) to Spruce Neck, New World (Franklin D. Roosevelt Airfield)
- Spruce Neck (St. Joe's Cathedral)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to travel northeast to find the Creeperdome Spleef Arena, where they found a Head-to-Head. In the Head-to-Head, two teams had to compete against each other in a spleef match. To win a spleef match, a team had to spleef both members of the other team while having at least one team member unspleefed. Each match lasted for a maximum of two minutes. Once the time limit was hit, the team with the most people unspleefed wins. If there were the same number of people unspleefed per team, then the team that arrived first to the Head-to-Head won the match. The team that lost the final match received an additional five minute penalty at the Pit Stop.
Following the Head-to-Head, teams were instructed to travel by MRT to Crystal City to find Dave's Donuts Stadium, where they found the Roadblock, asking "Who likes vexillology?". The selected team member had to make their way onto the field of the stadium to find a room containing the banner versions of flags of the host towns of TacoBurritoAThons. Then, they had to search the stands of the stadium for one banner that matched one of the flags of a host city. If correct, teams received their next clue.
Teams were instructed to travel by the MRT Red Line to Audenville to find the Audenville City Hall. At the city hall was the Detour: Differences or Debugging. In Differences, teams had to make their way to the Murder Mystery Vacation Home and then make their way to a copy nearby to spot the eight differences between them. Once all differences were correctly identified, they received their next clue. In Debugging, teams had to make their way to Tod's U-Store Locker #004 to climb down into the Aether where they had to solve a redstone puzzle to dispense their clue. Both Detours instructed teams to enter the Home of Soleurs, where they found the Double U-Turn.
Leg 6 (Spruce Neck ➝ Central City ➝ MRT Land ➝ Segville)
Airdate: August 20, 2022
- Spruce Neck (Kelford Park)
- Spruce Neck (The Grief Arena)
- Central City (Flag Park)
- MRT Land (MRT Land Nature Reserve)
- MRT Land (Crystal Labyrinth or Urban Escape)
- MRT Land (Bus Stands) to Segville (Segville Bus Depot)
- Segville (Forest Mini-Golf)
- IntraRail Segville-Conricsto Yard & Maintenance Facility
- Segville (Segville Cathedral)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to make their way north to Kelford Park, where they found a Roadblock, asking "Who's ready to destroy the competition?". The selected team member had to make their way to The Grief Arena and used provided tools to destroy an IntraRail Rolling Stock Company train to receive their next clue. Teams had to keep the blocks and tools on them for the remainder of the leg until specified.
Teams were then instructed to make their way to Central City and search the Flag Park for an Amazing Race flag, with their next clue written on a sign at the bottom of the pole, directing teams to drive themselves to MRT Land.
At MRT Land, teams found their clue at the Nature Reserve, which was a Detour: Dark and Cramped or Fast and Scrambled. In Dark and Cramped, teams had to make their way to the Crystal Maze. Both team members had to complete the darkened glass maze to receive their next clue. In Fast and Scrambled, teams had to make their way to the Urban Escape roller coaster and ride the coaster together to search for letters on the ride. Then, they had to unscramble the letters to form a word to receive their next clue. Both Detours instructed teams to travel by bus to Segville.
In Segville, teams had to find the first mini-golf course on the New World and complete the windmill hole. Then, teams found a second Roadblock, asking "Who knows the way to ride?". The team member who did not complete the first Roadblock had to do this one. Using the blocks and tools from the first Roadblock, the team member had to make their way to the IntraRail Segville-Conricsto Yard & Maintenance Facility to rebuild an IntraRail Rolling Stock Company train to match an example provided inside the building. If the train was replicated correctly, they received their next clue, which directed teams to the Pit Stop at the Segville Cathedral.
Leg 7 (Segville ➝ Venceslo ➝ Deadbush ➝ Redwood)
Airdate: September 3, 2022
- Segville (Segville Museum)
- Segville (Segville Grand Central) to Venceslo (Midtown Multimodal Transit Center)
- Venceslo (Venceslo Village - Blox Bells Amphitheatre)
- Venceslo (Venceslo-Fifth Ward International Airport) to Deadbush (Deadbush Valletta Desert Airport)
- Deadbush (The Great Hall of the Crackheads)
- Deadbush (Deadbush Valletta Desert Airport) to Redwood (Redwood Executive Airport)
- Redwood (Concord High School - Theatre)
- Redwood (William's One Hour Photo and The Meme Machine or Victoria Munch and Lake Tahoe)
- Redwood (Santa Monica Pier)
In Venceslo, teams had to find the Blox Bells Amphitheatre for the next clue. There, SansNotLuigi and woorich999 found their Speed Bump, where they had to deliver books to the Block Books Amphitheatre in the Venceslo Village before continuing on with the Race. Also the Blox Bells Amphitheatre, teams found their clue on the stage in front of a sequence of note blocks playing a tune.
The clue directed teams to fly from Venceslo-Fifth Ward International Airport to Deadbush Valletta Desert Airport. Once there, teams had to find The Great Hall of the Crackheads, where teams found a Roadblock, asking "Who's ready to face the music?". The selected team member had to make their way into the hall and find a set of note blocks that played the same tune that was played at the Blox Bells Amphitheatre in Venceslo. If the team member gave an incorrect answer, they had to destroy the note block sequence before guessing again. If correct, teams received their next clue. Teams were provided a bus that would take them near the note blocks in Venceslo, but would not be given a time credit if they opted to take it. Additionally, this Roadblock had a 30-minute time penalty for skipping it, rather than the typical 20-minute penalty.
Teams were then instructed to fly to Redwood and had to make their way to the theater inside Concord High School to find their next clue, which was the Detour: Get the Picture or Catch of the Day. In Get the Picture, teams made their way to the William's One Hour Photo and get a link to a picture of downtown Redwood. Teams would then have to make their way there to find their next clue. In Catch of the Day, teams had to make their way to Lake Tahoe and find the nearby restaurant to pick up an empty bucket. Then, teams had to take the bucket into Lake Tahoe and use it to catch a cod and then deliver the bucket of cod back to the restaurant. Once both team members had each caught three cod, they received their next clue. Both Detours led teams to the Pit Stop at the Santa Monica Pier in southeastern Redwood.
Leg 8 (Redwood ➝ Victoria ➝ Arcadia ➝ Caravaca)
Airdate: September 3, 2022
- Redwood (Victoria Border Station) to Victoria (Victoria Preston Station)
- Victoria (Preston Park)
- Victoria (Sierra Valley Walker Park - Baseball Field or Construction site)
- Victoria (Westcott Library)
- Victoria (Victoria International Airport Station (BluRail or IntraRail)) to Arcadia (Arcadia City Hall Station (IntraRail) or Arcadia Central Station (BluRail) or Arcadia East Station (BluRail))
- Arcadia (Champion's Bowl)
- Arcadia (Arcadia Bus Station) to Caravaca (Parking behind Colegiata de la Virgen del Carmen) via Hamblin (Seabeast Hamblin Hub)
- Caravaca (Colegiata de la Virgen del Carmen)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to make their way eastward to find the NewRail FLR station to take it to the town of Victoria. Once in Victoria, teams had to find Preston Park for the Detour: Play Ball or Stone Wall. In Play Ball, teams had to make their way to Sierra Valley Walker Park and make their way onto the baseball field. Teams had to count the number of baseballs on the field. If they correctly identified the total number, 168 baseballs, within a range of five away, they received their next clue. In Stone Wall, teams had to make their way to the construction site south of the park and had to only break blocks in a large block of stone to replicate an example structure. If teams accidentally broke a block that was not meant to be broken, they were not able to repair it and had to start over. Once the sculpture was replicated correctly, teams received their next clue. Both Detours instructed teams to make their way to the Westcott Library, where teams found the Double U-Turn board.
Teams were then instructed to travel by train to Arcadia and find the Champion's Bowl, where they found the Roadblock, asking "Who likes Parks and Recreation?". The selected team member had to make their way into the Champion's Bowl and search through the shulker boxes among the seats to find one with 23 maps, each displaying halves of screenshots. Then, taking those maps to rooms outside the amphitheater, they had to figure out which maps were pairs that, when put together, formed screenshots from the MRTvision Screenshot Contest: "A Quaint Paradise", "Driving with the Departing Sun", "Heart of the City", "Sunset on Island Paradise", "Tropical Morning", and "Work Starts at Dusk". Once the six screenshots were correctly put together, they received their next clue.
The next clue instructed teams to make their way by bus to Caravaca and find the Colegiata de la Virgen del Carmen for the Pit Stop.
Leg 9 (Caravaca ➝ Lapis Bay ➝ Chansee)
Airdate: September 4, 2022
- Caravaca (Ayuntamiento de Caravaca)
- Caravaca (Plazoleta de los Moriscos)
- Caravaca (Caravaca-Juan Carlos I Airport) to Lapis Bay (Lapis Bay Expo East Airport)
- Lapis Bay (Philson Drive #1)
- Lapis Bay (Seaview Resort or Taiga Hills Archery Range)
- Bawktown (Bawktown Station (Tri Waters Rail)) to Chansee (Chansee Central Station)
- Chansee (The Hop)
- Chansee (Chansee Farmer's Market - Outlook Farms stand and Floating Flower Market)
- Chansee (Chansee Art Museum)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to find the Ayuntamiento de Caravaca. There, teams were instructed to make their way to the Plazoleta de los Moriscos, where they had to search the balconies for an armor stand wearing Race colors and make their way to that balcony for their next clue.
Teams were then instructed to fly to Lapis Bay and find the first building in Lapis Bay, where they found the Detour: Watered Down or Shot Up. In Watered Down, teams had to make their way to the Seaview Resort and dive into the water at the resort to find an underwater kitchen. Searching nearby shulker boxes for ingredients, teams had to create a specified meal to receive their next clue. In Shot Up, teams had to make their way to Taiga Hills Archery Range and have each team member shoot 10 different targets in under 25 seconds. If they hit an animal, then the attempt is automatically counted as a failure. Each person had to wait two minutes between attempts. Once both team members completed shooting the 10 targets in under 25 seconds, they received their next clue. Both Detours instructed teams to drive themselves along the A245 and B246 to Bawktown to then take a train to Chansee.
In Chansee, teams had to find The Hop, where they found a Roadblock, asking "Who's in bloom?". The selected team member had to make their way to the Chansee Farmer's Market to pick up blocks needed to decorate a boat at the Floating Flower Market. Once at the Floating Flower Market, the selected team member had to replicate the flowers on two boats correctly to receive their next clue. Teams were then instructed to travel to the Chansee Art Museum for the Pit Stop.
Leg 10 (Chansee ➝ Lumia ➝ Nymphalia ➝ Secunda ➝ Encinitas)
Airdate: September 4, 2022
- Chansee (Chansee Central Station) to Bawktown (Bawktown Station (Tri Waters Rail))
- Bawktown (Bawktown Brick Street Station) to Lumia (Lumia National Park Station (IntraRail))
- Lumia (Lumia Village)
- Lumia (Fort Lumia)
- Lumia (Lumia National Park Station (IntraRail)) to Nymphalia (Nymphalia Stellia Station) via Cornwall (Cornwall Great Union Terminal)
- Nymphalia (The Hanging Tree)
- Nymphalia (Essence Park or Richville Metropolitan Bank Fhaye Town Observatory - Nightlight Hills Gliderport, Viva La Vida Holdings Call Center, and The Golden Suite)
- Secunda (Church of St. Thomas the Martyr)
- Secunda (The Oncoming Storm and Swindon Point)
- Secunda (North Secunda Marina) to Encinitas (Encinitas Embarcadero International Seaport)
- Encinitas (Cresta Capitol Building)
- Encinitas (Espinoza Lighthouse)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to make their way to travel by train back to Bawktown and find the IntraRail station to take it to Lumia. Once in Lumia, teams found their clue at the train station, which instructed them to enter Lumia Village to search the flower fields for a magenta candle, which they had to take and replace with a provided flower. Then, they had to take the candle Fort Lumia for their next clue.
Teams were instructed to continue along the IntraRail line to Nymphalia. Once there, teams had to make their way to The Hanging Tree, where they found the Detour: Build It Up or Glide Down. In Build It Up, teams had to make their way to Essence Park and find a marked beacon art piece. There, teams had to memorize and take notes on the sculpture and recreate the sculpture in a different area of the park. Once the structure was replicated exactly, teams received their next clue. In Glide Down, teams made their way to Richville Metropolitan Bank Fhaye Town Observatory and had to use a provided parachute to glide along the skyscrapers in the Stellia. Teams had to search the windows of those skyscrapers while in the air for two clue boxes in a window, each with two halves of a clue. Then, they make their way to the clue boxes to retrieve both halves to get their whole clue. Both Detours instructed teams to drive themselves to Secunda.
In Secunda, teams had to find the Church of St. Thomas the Martyr, where they found a Roadblock, asking "Who's ready to rise the rails?". The selected team member had to make their way to The Oncoming Storm. There, teams had to pick up provided materials from a chest minecart to build a rail line from the ground to the top of a nearby building to allow the chest minecart to travel continuously from the bottom to the roof. Once the chest minecart reached the top and activated a detector rail to light up a redstone lamp, teams received their next clue. This challenge was a Switchback from the sixth season.
Teams were then instructed to make their way to northern Secunda and travel by boat to Encinitas. There, teams had to find the Cresta Capitol Building, which then directed teams to travel by wooden boat north to the Pit Stop, the Espinoza Lighthouse.
Leg 11 (Encinitas ➝ Malosa ➝ Celina ➝ Rivarennes)
Airdate: September 4, 2022
- Encinitas (Montañas Cabrillos National Park - Ranger's Office)
- Encinitas (Montañas Cabrillos National Park - Slicing Rock Vista Point)
- Encinitas (Encinitas Embarcadero International Seaport) to Malosa (Malosa Ferry Terminal)
- Malosa (Pjazza Sengħa)
- Malosa (Il-Kara Chapel)
- Malosa (Malosa Station (RailNorth)) to Celina (Celina Station (RailNorth))
- Celina (Mangrave Square Garden)
- Celina (Alpha Skytower)
- Celina (Floating Pidgeon)
- Celina (Floating Pidgeon Helipad) to Rivarennes (Pier 40)
- Rivarennes (Rivarennes Saint Christi Aquarium)
- Rivarennes (Rady Shell)
- Rivarennes (Rivarennes Marina to La Châtre National Park Dock)
- Rivarennes (La Châtre National Park)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to make their way to Montañas Cabrillos National Park find the Ranger's Office, where they found a Roadblock, asking "Who wants to traverse the long and winding paths?". The selected team member had to stay along the paths in the park to search the winding paths for Slicing Rock Vista Point for their next clue.
Teams were then instructed to make their way by boat to Malosa and find the Pjazza Sengħa. There, teams were instructed to make their way to the in-construction Il-Kara Chapel and had to construct a stained glass window. Once the example was replicated correctly, teams received their next clue, instructing them to travel by train to Celina.
In Celina, teams had to find Mangrave Square Garden. There, teams found the final Roadblock, asking "Who's ready to sail the skies?". The team member who did not complete the first Roadblock had to do this one. The selected team member had to make their way to the top of a skyscraper and slide a boat on ice off of the roof and land in a ring in the water below. If completed successfully, they received their next clue. The clue instructed teams to board the Floating Pidgeon and search the guest rooms for one with a ticket. Once each team member got a hold of a ticket, they had to make their way to the roof of the ship and give it to a helicopter pilot, who would then give them their next clue.
The clue instructed teams to take the helicopter parked on the boat to Rivarennes. Once there, teams had to find the Rivarennes Saint Christi Aquarium, where they found the clue for the final memory challenge. Teams had to make their way to the Rady Shell and found 229 armor stands, each with a letter head and holding an item. Teams had to select eleven armor stands to have a final cumulative result of the armor stands respectively holding one item per leg and respectively having ten letter heads representing the first letter of each Pit Stop city to receive their next clue. Each armor stand did not necessarily have matching legs and items, but the final eleven armor stands had to have one item and one Pit Stop letter cumulatively. The correct answers were as follows (in alphabetical Pit Stop order in their pairs):
|8||Caravaca||Diamond shovel (Silver Spring)||5|
|10||Encinitas||Mushroom stew (Akureyri)||2|
|7||Redwood||Chest minecart (Secunda)||10|
|11||Rivarennes||Elytra (Gray Cloud)||1|
|6||Segville||Dark oak boat (Celina)||11|
|3||Skogheim||Milk bucket head (Kaloro City)||4|
|4||Silver Spring||Note block (Deadbush)||7|
|5||Spruce Neck||Slime ball (Segville)||6|
|2||Weston||Flower pot (Chansee)||9|
Once a team had eleven armor stands with the correct heads and items, teams were instructed to make their way north to the Rivarennes Marina and travel by boat to the Finish Line, La Châtre National Park.
- SimonScholar broke a major rule during the Roadblock by using external language aides. Thus, his team received a 20-minute time penalty, allowing teams to bypass his team, dropping them from 3rd to 10th.
- KittyCat11231 & SimonScholar used their Express Pass to bypass the Detour.
- AlphaDS, the substitute for PltdKnight, accidentally killed bro1bro2 with the Amazing Race Horse Remover. Thus, they received a five-minute time penalty. This did not affect their placement.
- EliteNeon was selected to complete the Roadblock at the IntraRail Segville-Conricsto Yard & Maintenance Facility; however, PtldKnight aided during the Roadblock. Thus, they received a 15 minute time penalty, allowing teams to bypass them, dropping them from 3rd to 5th.
- PtldKnight & EliteNeon opted to take the 25-minute time penalty for the Detour.
- All of the other teams had checked in and PtldKnight & EliteNeon were eliminated in Victoria before reaching the leg's Roadblock.
- sesese9, the substitute for SansNotLuigi, was selected to complete the Roadblock; however, woorich999 verbally gave tips during the Roadblock. Thus, they received a 10-minute time penalty, allowing teams to bypass them, dropping them from 7th to 10th.
- sesese9, the substitute for SansNotLuigi, opted to take the 20-minute time penalty for the Roadblock in Espil.
- SansNotLuigi & woorich999 elected to withdraw from the Race. They were unable to show up for the session, resulting in their elimination.
- worrski & Needn_NL gave a wrong answer for the Starting Line challenge and thus received a 10-minute penalty at the Pit Stop, allowing teams to bypass them, dropping them from 8th to 11th.
- Needn_NL accidentally killed worrski with the Amazing Race Horse Remover. Thus, they received a five-minute time penalty. This did not affect their placement.