The Amazing Race 10
| THE AMAZING RACE 10 IS SET TO CONTINUE ON February 8, 2020 at 7 p.m. UTC!
Even if you aren't signed up, come to watch the racers, watch the livestream, or even sub if there's spots!
|The Amazing Race 10|
|Dates||January 4, 2020, January 11, 2020, & February 8, 2020|
|No. of legs||9|
|Preceded by||The Amazing Race 9|
The season premiered on January 4, 2020.
- 1 Production
- 2 Results
- 3 Episode title quotes
- 4 Prizes
- 5 Race summary
- 5.1 Leg 1 (Secunda ➝ St. Anna ➝ Hendon ➝ Creeperville)
- 5.2 Leg 2 (Creeperville ➝ Moramoa ➝ Antioch ➝ Larkspur)
- 5.3 Leg 3 (Larkspur ➝ Carnoustie ➝ Dekuville ➝ Monte Isola)
- 5.4 Leg 4 (Monte Isola ➝ Chan Bay ➝ Deadbush)
- 5.5 Leg 5 (Deadbush ➝ Zaquar ➝ Venceslo ➝ Arcadia)
- 5.6 Leg 6 (Arcadia ➝ Sunshine Coast)
- 5.7 Leg 7 (Sunshine Coast ➝ ?)
- 5.8 Leg 8 (? ➝ ?)
- 5.9 Leg 9 (? ➝ ?)
The season was announced on the MRT Discord on November 23, 2019 alongside applications. The Doodle poll that went along with the application slated the season to possibly occur between December 2019 and February 2020. MinecraftYoshi26 stated that if there were not enough applicants, the season would be pushed back further into 2020. On December 15, 2019, the first two sessions were announced to occur on January 4, 2020 and January 11, 2020. After the second session, the third session was announced as occurring on February 8, 2020. If necessary, the next, highly tentative session dates are: February 15 and February 22.
Many months before the production of this season was confirmed, it was announced that all prospective contestants would be paired up by production and apply as as individuals.
As seen before in seasons four, six, seven, eight, and nine, members were allowed to make guesses for the starting city. Each member had a free guess and each guess after costed money. Members were allowed to guess starting on December 17, 2019. A day after it opened, CaptainChimpy guessed the starting city correctly, and it was revealed that Secunda's Souter Point Lighthouse would be the starting line.
This season is set to span 25 cities over an unknown number of worlds, with, as of leg 6, first-time visits to the New World cities of the Secunda, Hendon, Creeperville, Moramoa, Antioch, Larkspur, Carnoustie, Dekuville, Monte Isola, Chan Bay, Deadbush, Venceslo, Arcadia, and Sunshine Coast.
This season was the first season to use official Amazing Race horse spawn eggs, which were provided to teams at the start of each leg. These were introduced as uCars were not on the server for the first two sessions.
Applications opened on November 23, 2019 and officially closed on December 20, 2019. The cast was also revealed on that day as well. Before the start day, 9 teams were on the list to participate in the Race. MC_Protocol, who was confirmed and was on the cast list, was not paired up and removed from the cast list. Out of those teams, seven full teams and two halves of teams showed up. As per usual, walk-ins to join the Race on the day were permitted, which allowed CodyHM, who was originally paired with SansNotLuigi, to be paired with JTrain77.
|Name||Country||Team name & color||Place|
|mine_man_||United Kingdom||Pond Hoppers|
|Valkorion314||United States of America|
|Conric005||United States of America||So Long!|
|hvt2011||United States of America||BluLinQ|
|KittyCat11231||United States of America||The Shadow Administration|
|lil_shadow59||United States of America|
|Echohue||United States of America||Directionally Challenged||5th place|
|daltdisneyland||United States of America||Purple Pigeons||6th place|
|Vickiposa||United States of America|
|FredTheTimeLord||United States of America||The Super Soakerz||7th place|
|woorich999||United States of America|
|Cookie46910||United States of America||The Inspectors||8th place|
|_Kastle||United States of America|
|CodyHM||United States of America||The Islanders||9th place|
|JTrain77||United States of America|
The following teams participated in the Race, each listed along with their placements in each leg and team names as identified by the program. Note that this table is not necessarily reflective of all content due to inclusion or exclusion of some data. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Team||Team Name||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks|
|KittyCat11231 & lil_shadow59||The Shadow Administration||2nd||3rd||6th3||1st⊃||1st||1st||KittyCat11231 3, lil_shadow59 3|
|hvt2011 & autobus22||BluLinQ||4th||2ndƒ||1st||5th5||4th||2nd||hvt2011 2, autobus22 3|
|Conric005 & Johngi||So Long!||6th||7th||4th||4th4||2nd||3rd||Conric005 2, Johngi 4|
|mine_man_ & Valkorion314||Pond Hoppers||1st||6th||3rd||3rd⊂⋑||3rd||4th7||mine_man_ 5, Valkorion314 1|
|Echohue & megascatterbomb||Directionally Challenged||5th||4th||2nd||2nd||5th||5th||Echohue 3, megascatterbomb 3|
|daltdisneyland & Vickiposa||Purple Pigeons||3rd||5th||5th2||6th6⋐||daltdisneyland 1, Vickiposa 3|
|FredTheTimeLord & woorich999||The Super Soakerz||7th||1st||7th||FredTheTimeLord 1, woorich999 2|
|Cookie46910 & _Kastle||The Inspectors||8th||8th||Cookie46910 1, _Kastle 1|
|CodyHM & JTrain77||The Islanders||9thε1||CodyHM 1, JTrain77 0|
- A red team placement indicates that the team was eliminated.
- A underlined blue team placement indicates that the team was the last to arrive at a Pit Stop in a non-elimination leg of the race.
- A green ƒ indicates that the team won a Fast Forward.
- A brown ⊃ or a cyan ⋑ indicates that the team chose to use one of the two U-Turns in a Double U-Turn; ⊂ or ⋐ indicates the team who received it.
- A purple ε indicates that the team decided to use the Express Pass on that leg.
- 1. ^ CodyHM & JTrain77 used their Express Pass to bypass the Roadblock.
- 2. ^ daltdisneyland helped Vickiposa with the Roadblock and thus received a 10 minute time penalty, allowing other teams to pass them, dropping them from 3rd to 5th.
- 3. ^ KittyCat11231 helped lil_shadow59 with the Roadblock and thus received a 10 minute time penalty, allowing other teams to pass them, dropping them from 5th to 6th.
- 4. ^ Conric005 & Johngi were instructed to fly into Chan Bay International Airport but flew into Palanca Heliport instead. Thus, they received a 10 minute time penalty, allowing teams to bypass his team, dropping Conric005 & Johngi from 2nd to 4th.
- 5. ^ hvt2011 & autobus22 were instructed to fly into Chan Bay International Airport but flew into Chan Bay Airfield instead. Thus, they received a 10 minute time penalty. This did not affect their placement.
- 6. ^ daltdisneyland & Vickiposa opted to take the 20 minute time penalty for the Roadblock. This did not affect their placement.
- 7. ^ mine_man_ failed to repair the wool flag from the Roadblock and thus received a 10 minute time penalty, allowing other teams to pass, dropping mine_man_ & Valkorion314 from 2nd to 4th.
Episode title quotes
Episode titles are often taken as quotes from the racers.
- "Just Like Jesus, We're Going To Walk On Water" -daltdisneyland
- "This Is Going To Be A Short Race" - _Kastle
- "We're Both Competent" -KittyCat11231
- "Whilst I'm Weak" -mine_man_
- "My Time To Shine" -lil_shadow59
- "That's Not Water!" -autobus22
The prize for each leg is awarded to the first place team for that leg.
- Leg 1 – A trip for two to Verdantium & $15 each.
- Leg 2 – A trip for two to Murrville & $30 each.
- Leg 3 – A trip for two to New Gensokyo & $45 each.
- Leg 4 – A trip for two to Torres River & $60 each.
- Leg 5 – A trip for two to San Reinoldi & $75 each.
- Leg 6 – A trip for two to Fort Yaxier & $90 each.
- Leg 7 –
- Leg 8 –
- Leg 9 – $10,000.
|Destinations||Air travel Rail travel Water travel Bus travel|
|Route Markers|| Detour Roadblock Express Pass Fast Forward|
U-Turn Speed Bump Pit Stop
Leg 1 (Secunda ➝ St. Anna ➝ Hendon ➝ Creeperville)
Airdate: January 4, 2020
- Secunda, New World (Souter Point Lighthouse) (Starting Line)
- Secunda (St. Mary's Bay)
- Secunda (North Secunda Docks) to St. Anna (Watertaxi Dock)
- St. Anna (Anchor Statue)
- St. Anna (Boardwalk)
- St. Anna (RaiLinQ St. Anna Central Station) to RaiLinQ Hendon & Geneva Station
- Hendon (Ski Lift)
- Hendon (Mt. Frosty)
- Creeperville (Sakura Park)
At the Starting Line of The Amazing Race 10, which took place at Souter Point Lighthouse in Secunda, teams were told they have to run to the nearby beach and pick up their first clue. However, teams also had the option of grabbing shovels near the clue box to dig inside a large red sand structure that spelled out "TAR 10" to find an Express Pass inside. Teams were instructed to travel by boat, east of the beach, to the starting line of The Amazing Race 6. At the Anchor Statue in St. Anna, teams found the first Roadblock, asking "Who's ready to sail to victory?" The selected team member had to make their way to the nearby boardwalk and choose a lane. They had to make it to a platform 50 blocks away without touching the water. In each lane, the team member had to use place birch boats on top of the water and hop across to get their next clue. Once on the other side, the team member can teleport to their team member and does not have to make it back across. The next clue instructed teams to travel north to St. Anna Central Station and take RaiLinQ to Hendon & Geneva Station.
Once there, teams were directed to travel west from the station to Hendon to find the Ski Lift and take it to the second highest peak in Hendon, Mt. Frosty, to receive their next clue. Once there, teams had to use a wooden boat to ‘ski’ down the mountain, with each team member having to successfully complete a different side: the Cliff or the Hairpin. If a team member fails to complete the course, only they must complete their section again. A failure is when a player rides the boat out of the packed ice track. Landing or travelling on the stone brick border is allowed. Only if both team members successfully complete the trip down, then they were allowed to take their clue from the clue box at the bottom.
At the bottom, teams were instructed to travel north to Creeperville and find the pink trees in Sakura Park for the first Pit Stop.
Leg 2 (Creeperville ➝ Moramoa ➝ Antioch ➝ Larkspur)
Airdate: January 4, 2020
- Creeperville (Creeperville International Airport) to Moramoa (Moramoa Mixed Martial Arts Airfield) via Richville (Richville International Airport)
- Moramoa (Victoria Park)
- Moramoa (Turtle Beach)
- Moramoa (Moramoa Wyndham Street Station or Moramoa Central Station) to Antioch (RaiLinQ Antioch Station)
- Antioch (Minatozaki Park)
- Antioch (Antioch Regional Airfield) to Larkspur (Larkspur Lilyflower International Airport)
- Larkspur (Thanksgiving Square)
- Larkspur (North Star Ferris Wheel)
- Larkspur (Northmont Historic Preserve)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to fly to Moramoa from Creeperville International Airport by connecting through Richville International Airport. Once there, teams had to find Victoria Park west of the airport to find their next clue. There, teams faced the Detour: Cartography or Counting. For both Detour options, teams were instructed to travel to Turtle Beach. In Cartography, teams had to dive into the water to collect 25 map pieces to recreate a five by five map of Moramoa. Once all the map pieces are placed in their correct positions, teams received their next clue. In Counting, teams entered the marked pen and had to count the turtles inside. Teams must make a guess within a range of two to be correct.. If teams guessed within 70 to 74, they would be correct and receive their next clue. If they were incorrect, teams would have to wait for five minutes before submitting another guess. Also at Victoria Park, teams found the Fast Forward. The Fast Forward instructed teams to travel to Megap Parkour. Once there, teams had to complete the first 30 levels of parkour to win the Fast Forward. Both Detour options instructed teams to travel via either Moramoa Wyndham Street Station or Moramoa Central Station to Antioch.
Once in Antioch, teams were instructed to find Minatozaki Park to receive their next clue. The clue directed teams to fly using a direct flight to Larkspur, specifically to Larkspur Lilyflower International Airport, from Antioch Regional Airfield.
When teams arrived in Larkspur, teams were told to travel east and find Thanksgiving Square. There, teams faced a Roadblock, asking “Who has better vision?”. The selected team member had to travel to the North Star Ferris Wheel and ride to one of the top two cars and search the skyline for the X and Z coordinates of the Pit Stop. Once both coordinates were found, teams were then able to race to the Pit Stop, which was located at the Northmont Historic Preserve.
Leg 3 (Larkspur ➝ Carnoustie ➝ Dekuville ➝ Monte Isola)
Airdate: January 4, 2020
- Larkspur (Larkspur Frankford Airfield) to Carnoustie (Carnoustie International Airport)
- Carnoustie (Carnoustie Stadium or Lanark Recreation Complex Carnoustie)
- Carnoustie (Carnoustie International Airport) to Dekuville (Dekuville Harbor Airfield)
- Dekuville (Dekuville Post Office)
- Dekuville (Turbine Hill)
- Dekuville (AquaLinQ Dekuville Dock) to Monte Isola (AquaLinQ Monte Isola Dock)
- Monte Isola (Monte Isola Town Hall)
- Monte Isola (Serenity Salon, Electric Llama Tech Store, and Monte Isola Sporting Association HQ)
- Monte Isola (Monte Isola Amphitheatre)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to make their way to Carnoustie from Larkspur Frankford Airfield through a direct flight and find their clue outside the airport on the first floor. The clue was a Detour: Physical Labor or Physical Competition. In Physical Labor, teams traveled to Carnoustie Stadium and had to shovel snow from on the field to uncover a shulker box with their next clue. In Physical Competition, teams made their way to the Lanark Recreation Complex Carnoustie and went to the small, marked PVP area and had to defeat a pair of opponents in PVP to receive their next clue. If they failed to defeat both opponents, they would have to wait in a queue, if there was one, before they could attempt again. Both Detours directed teams to fly to Dekuville.
Once in Dekuville, teams were instructed to travel northwest of airfield to find the Dekuville Post Office. At the post office, teams were given wool and shears to stack up to the top of wind turbines on the nearby Turbine Hill to search clue boxes to find one that had clues inside. The next clue instructed teams to travel to the southwest-most point of Dekuville to find the AquaLinQ Dekuville Dock to travel to Monte Isola.
Once in Monte Isola, teams were instructed to find the Monte Isola Town Hall for their clue. There, teams found a Roadblock which asked "Who can navigate these streets?". The selected team member had to visit three locations in Monte Isola only using the letter and number address provided. After picking up their team’s colored carpet, lead, and llama spawn egg from those three locations, they had to meet their teammate at the Pit Stop, the Monte Isola Amphitheatre, and tie the llama to the fence to check in.
Leg 4 (Monte Isola ➝ Chan Bay ➝ Deadbush)
Airdate: January 11, 2020
- Monte Isola (Monte Isola Harbour Seaplane Airport) to Chan Bay (Chan Bay International Airport) via Airchester (Airchester Airfield)
- Chan Bay (The Rod Tower)
- Chan Bay (Paradise Beach)
- Chan Bay (Chan Bay Airfield) to Deadbush (West Mesa International Airport)
- Deadbush (Centro Plaza)
- Deadbush (The Oblong or Cadigal Opera House, Deadbush Theater, and Darlington Center)
- Deadbush (West Point Park)
- Deadbush (Queensland Lake)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to travel to Monte Isola Harbour Seaplane Airport and take a flight to Chan Bay International Airport by first connecting through Airchester Airfield. Once in Chan Bay, teams had to find the tallest building, which was The Rod Tower. There, teams found the Roadblock, which asked “Who’s a soar loser?”. The selected team member made their way to the top of the tower to grab an elytra. Using a provided map, the team member had to glide without fireworks to find marked shulker boxes in the sides of buildings to find a clue inside one of them. If they failed to receive the clue, they had to make their way back on their own to the top of The Rod Tower to try again. Teams were directed to travel south to Paradise Beach. Then, teams were instructed to go fly out of Chan Bay Airfield to West Mesa International Airport.
Once in Deadbush, teams had to find Centro Plaza, where they found the Detour: Pig Racing or Musique. In Pig Racing, teams had to make their way to The Oblong, an elevated racing track. Both team members each have to complete three laps while riding on a pig using a carrot on a stick. Once both team members complete the three laps, they received their next clue. In Musique, teams traveled to the Cadigal Opera House to hear a set of note blocks. Then, they would have to travel to the Deadbush Theater to listen to other tunes to find a matching set. On each option, there was a set of coordinates. The correct theme had a set of coordinates that led to the correct location with a clue. Both Detours led to West Point Park, where there was a double blind U-Turn. Teams were then told to travel to the other side of town to Queensland Lake for the Pit Stop.
Leg 5 (Deadbush ➝ Zaquar ➝ Venceslo ➝ Arcadia)
Airdate: January 11, 2020
- Deadbush (Deadbush Centro Station) to Zaquar (Zaquar Onika T. Maraj Station) via Birdhall (Birdhall Transit Hub)
- Zaquar (Music's Gems Casino)
- Venceslo (BearLodge Park)
- Venceslo (SkyNation Arena or Venceslo Village and FliHigh Center)
- Venceslo (Venceslo-Fifth Ward International Airport) to Murrville-Arcadia International
- Arcadia (Remnant Park)
- Arcadia (Jameson Observatory and Arcadia Capital Building)
- Arcadia (Arcadian Convention Center)
At the start of the leg, teams were instructed to travel by train to Zaquar and find the Music's Gems Casino to receive their clue. Once there, teams were instructed to go to the A50 and follow the Race flags along the road to their next destination.
From following the flags, teams arrived in Venceslo at BearLodge Park. There, teams found the Detour: Build The Red Plane or Deliver The Red Plane. In Built The Red Plane, teams had to make their way to SkyNation Arena and replicate a red plane from an example. Once the red plane was correctly built, they received their next clue. In Deliver The Red Plane, teams made their way to Venceslo Village and had to search to find four stores to pick up items that are used to build a red plane. Then, teams had to deliver it to the FliHigh Center to receive their next clue. Both clues instructed teams to fly to Murrville-Arcadia International.
Once landed, teams were instructed to travel to Arcadia and find Remnant Park. There, teams encountered the Roadblock, which asked "Who wants to go out of this world?". The selected team member had to make their way into the Jameson Observatory and memorize the model planet heads and their positions. Then, they had to travel to the Arcadia Capital Building to find a marked room in which they were to select the correct heads from fakes and put them in their appropriate positions. Once all heads were in their correct positions, they received their next clue, which directed them to the Pit Stop at the Arcadian Convention Center.
Leg 6 (Arcadia ➝ Sunshine Coast)
Airdate: January 11, 2020
- Arcadia (The Port of Arcadia)
- Arcadia (Lesteran Beach Pier)
- Sunshine Coast (BearLodge Maspalmas Resort or Coral Beach)
- Sunshine Coast (Sunshine Coast SkyTower)
- Sunshine Coast (Cocos Island)
At the start of the leg, teams had to travel to The Port of Arcadia, where they found the Roadblock asking “Who can find the flag in the haystack?”. The selected team member are provided wool and shears and have find a shipping container with a wool Race logo on it. Once found, the team member must break inside to find a clue. The next clue directed teams to travel to the former town of Dana Point that was now a part of Arcadia and find the Lesteran Beach Pier. There, for Echohue & megascatterbomb, they had to go to the end of the pier and find the Phantom Diner, where they had to clean the diner by breaking all the leftover cakes in the diner before continuing on with the Race.
At the Lesteran Beach Pier, teams found the Detour: Submerged Structure or Catching Colors. Both Detours had teams travel into Sunshine Coast. In Submerged Structure, teams traveled to the BearLodge Maspalmas Resort and had to recreate a build underwater correctly using the provided items to receive their next clue. In Catching Colors, teams traveled to Coral Beach and had to dive into the reef to find one yellow and red colored fish to receive their next clue. Both Detours instructed teams to find the tallest building in Sunshine Coast, the Sunshine Coast SkyTower. On the roof, teams found a clue that directed them to the Pit Stop, Cocos Island.
Leg 7 (Sunshine Coast ➝ ?)
Airdate: February 8, 2020