MRTvision Screenshot Contest 10
|MRTvision Screenshot Contest 10|
|Venue||Iceflake Auditorium, Nymphalia|
|Joining period(s)||February 12, 2022 - February 27, 2022|
|Submission period||February 13, 2022 - March 5, 2022|
|Voting period(s)||March 5, 2022 - March 11, 2022 (semi-finals)|
Match 12, 2022 - March 17, 2022[a] (final)
|Semi-final||March 12, 2022|
|Final||March 19, 2022|
|Number of entries||36|
|Debuting cities|| Bristol|
|Returning cities|| Dand|
|Non-returning cities|| Beachview|
|Voting system||Semi-finals: Each city awards a set of 12, 10, 8–1 points to their 10 favorite screenshots, respectively |
Final: Each qualifying city and willing members of the public award a set of 12, 10, 8–1 points to their 10 favorite screenshots, respectively
|Vote weight||Semi-finals: 100% participants|
Final: 50% qualifiers, 50% public
|Nul points|| Bristol|
(in Semi-final 2)
|Winning screenshot|| Malosa|
"Crowded Solitude" - ArizTrad
|Preceded by||MRTvision Screenshot Contest 9|
|Followed by||MRTvision Screenshot Contest 11|
The MRTvision Screenshot Contest 10 is the tenth edition of the MRTvision Screenshot Contest. The contest is a server-wide screenshot competition with Eurovision-style voting and representation.
The ceremony took place in Nymphalia, following a bidding process which chose the host city and venue. The contest debuted with a soft opening on February 12, 2022, with an official opening on February 13, 2022, following the conclusion of the February 2022 GSM. The contest's slogan is "Efflorescent Quaintness". The winner was revealed on March 19, 2022, at 7 p.m. UTC at the Iceflake Auditorium. There was an official MBS livestream for both the semi-final and final ceremonies.
This contest marks the first time that a bidding process was used to host the contest, resulting in the first time that the host city was not owned by the previous winner.
The contest's results ceremonies took place for the first time in Nymphalia. The host city and venue were announced on February 13, 2022.
The contest took place at the Iceflake Auditorium in Nymphalia. The venue was constructed in September 2021 as a part of Iceflake University and is located in the Windus district of Nymphalia. The closest transit to the theater is EN22 and NE22 station on the MRT Eastern Line and MRT Northern Line, respectively. Other transit within approximately 300 blocks of the Iceflake Auditorium is the Windus Aura Airfield to the south and Nymphalia Stellia Station to the west.
Seabeast Buses rebranded route 050 to the "Efflorescent Route", a play off the contest's slogan. The livery had purple terracotta replacing the black concrete, and spruce planks replacing the quartz on the bus. The route went between Hamblin and Nymphalia.
Following Wazamawazi's victory in the previous edition with the screenshot "Villaggio Mistico", autobus22 selected this contest's host city. Selecting a host city was selected through a public bidding process, which was announced on February 9, 2022. The host city selection method was preferred instead of selecting from the prior winner's cities as a result of Wazamawazi hosting previously twice, wanting to "show a unique...place from someone else", and autobus22's ban. The bidding form opened on February 9, 2022, and closed on February 11, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. UTC.
Members interested in bidding had to first specify the city and venue. Once the bidding cities were shortlisted, the shortlisted cities had to name a planned slogan and either a description of the planned logo or an actual image. The winning bid was not an automatic qualifier to the final.
As the prior winner, Wazamawazi was automatically shortlisted.
Key:Host venue Shortlisted
|Auburn||Auburn Academy Community Hall||Would need interior adjustment works.|
|Auburn Academy Library||Would need interior adjustment works.|
|Auburn Academy Social Science & Humanities Amphitheatre||—|
|Auburn Academy SSC room G100||—|
|Bruh Island||Bruh Island Library||Would need interior adjustment works.|
|Calgary||Northern Conference Centre||—|
|Cornwall||Chicago Style Gyros Energy Centre||Would need interior adjustment works.|
|Town Hall||Would need interior adjustment works.|
|Solstice & Equinox Lake||Would need construction of a venue from scratch.|
|Hamblin||Hamblin Shard Theater ‡||—|
|Kazeshima||Chuoko||Would need construction of a venue from scratch.|
|Chuokoen||Would need construction of a venue from scratch.|
|Takagawa Tower, Auditorium 1 & 2 ‡||—|
|Kiynraer||Kiynplain Market||Would need construction of a venue from scratch.|
|The Valley Cafe||Would need interior adjustment works.|
|Whisper Valley||Would need construction of a venue from scratch.|
|Miu Wan||Miu Wan Cultural Centre||—|
|South Miu Wan Cultural Centre||—|
|Waterfront Park||Would need construction of a venue from scratch.|
|Mons Pratus||Clipper Center||Venue for the 2021 Mons Pratus Spleef Tournament and various Major League Spleef matches.|
|Nymphalia||Cetisy||Would need construction of a venue from scratch.|
|Iceflake Auditorium †||—|
|San Dzobiak||Platypus Valley Civic Theatre ‡||—|
|Sansvikk||Sansvikk Theatre ‡||—|
|Sunshine Coast||Bahia National Theater ‡||—|
|Tranquil Forest||Tranquil Forest Amphitheater||Proposal is dependent on the completion of construction.|
|Wazamawazi||Grandma Henny's Grand Theatre ‡||Venue for the Fifth Eagle Awards. Selected venue for the MRTvision 2017 Song Contest and the MRT Railway Awards.|
|Hamblin||Hamblin Shard Theater||"In Vivid Color"|
|Kazeshima||Takagawa Tower, Auditorium 1 & 2||"A Catalogue of Polaroids"|
|Nymphalia||Iceflake Auditorium †||"World's Eye View"[b]|
|San Dzobiak||Platypus Valley Civic Theatre||None[c]|
|Sansvikk||Sansvikk Theatre||"The Home of Innovation"|
|Sunshine Coast||Bahia National Theater||"10/10"|
|Wazamawazi||Grandma Henny's Grand Theatre||"Removing Walls That Divide"|
Voting was set to close on March 18, 2022, but closed the day prior as all of the votes were submitted. The non-qualifiers' placements and point totals in the semi-finals were then released on March 17, 2022.
The contest's logo and theming were selected through the bidding process. The contest's slogan and theming were announced on February 13, 2022. The contest's logo was released on February 14, 2022, and is an online image originally created by Freepik, edited by MinecraftYoshi26.
The floral aspects of the logo and the slogan were inspired by the many purple and pink flowers in Nymphalia.
The intros to the MBS broadcasts featured McYoshi26 walking from the previous host city Wazamawazi to Nymphalia with entries being projected in the Nymphalia skyline. The outro to the broadcast for the final ceremony featured cinematic shots of Hamblin and Malosa, winner ArizTrad's towns.
Similarly to the previous contests, the contest featured members representing cities, each submitting a screenshot to be voted on by the participants and the willing public. Each city and willing non-participants award a set of 12, 10, 8–1 points to their 10 favorite screenshots, respectively. Each participant was required to vote in their semi-final or may face disqualification, being banned from participating in future contests, or paying a fine. Similarly to most of the previous contests, there was no theme.
The deadline to join was announced as February 27, 2022. The deadline to send in a screenshot was announced as March 5, 2022. After the semi-final reveal ceremony, the draw order was selected for the final, and voting opened for the final near the end of the ceremony. The winner is able to influence the slogan for the next contest, choose the next host city, and receive $3,000. Second place received $2,000. Third place received $1,000. All competitors received $15 as a participatory stipend for voting. The top 10 were featured on the MRT website.
Semi-final allocation draw
On February 26, 2022, it was confirmed that there would be two semi-finals. The top 10 screenshots from each semi-final advance to the final.
For the sixth time, there were pots created for semi-final allocation drawings. The 36 semi-finalists were allocated into six pots, based on aggregate rankings by participant, not by city, from prior contest data. Drawing from different pots helps to reduce the chance of lopsided semi-finals by predicted placement from prior contests. The semi-final allocations occurred on February 27, 2022.
|Pot 1||Pot 2||Pot 3||Pot 4||Pot 5||Pot 6|
All of the screenshots are viewable together on a public Google Folder.
DNAmaster10 was given permission to participate under the city he formerly owned, Niwen, by Needn_NL. _Kastle was given permission to participate under the city he formerly owned, Covina, by McYoshi26.
18 cities participated in the first semi-final. The highlighted cities qualified for the final. The results were revealed on March 12, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. UTC.
18 cities participated in the second semi-final. The highlighted cities qualified for the final. The results were revealed on March 12, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. UTC.
20 cities participated in the final, with all qualifying cities required to vote. The results were revealed on March 19, 2022, at 7 p.m. UTC. The top 10 cities had their screenshots featured on the MRT website.
- Second place
- Third place
|City-State of Kitania||59||1||7||1||3||12||1||1||10||3||8||12|
Below is a summary of the maximum 12 points awarded by each city:
|No.||City||Cities giving 12 points|
|3||Bahia||Broville, Cornwall, Tung Wan|
|Foresne||Caravaca, Covina, Nymphic Union|
|Redwood||Bahia, Konten State, Tokyo|
|2||Caravaca||Barshat Abtalit, Foresne|
|City-State of Kitania||Idk, Redwood|
|Covina||Dewford City, City-State of Kitania|
Below is a summary of the maximum 12 points awarded by each city:
|No.||City||Cities giving 12 points|
|7||Sansvikk||Bawktown, Lapis Bay, Larkspur, Malosa, Peripotamia, Titsensaki, Winter Wind|
|3||Malosa||Itomori, Lacledic Republic, Tres Ríos|
|Peripotamia||Dand, Porton, Santa Abeja|
|Lapis Bay||Miu Wan|
|13||Porton||95||Konten State||33||Barshat Abtalit||44|
|16||Konten State||73||Bahia||25||Konten State||40|
|18||Barshat Abtalit||62||Barshat Abtalit||18||City-State of Kitania||34|
|19||City-State of Kitania||52||City-State of Kitania||18||Miu Wan||32|
|20||Miu Wan||45||Miu Wan||13||Dand||30|
|City-State of Kitania||52||34||8||3||7|
Below is a summary of the maximum 12 points awarded by each city and public (in italics):
|No.||City||Cities giving 12 points|
|7||Malosa||Caravaca, Foresne, Niwen, Public (4)|
|5||Sansvikk||Lapis Bay, Malosa, Nymphic Union, Peripotamia, Public (1)|
|4||Kessler||Bahia, Redwood, Public (2)|
|3||Caravaca||Barshat Abtalit, Kessler, Sansvikk|
|Lapis Bay||Miu Wan, Public (2)|
|Peripotamia||Dand, Porton, Public (1)|
|Dand||City-State of Kitania, Larkspur|
|Foresne||Covina, Public (1)|
|Nymphic Union||Tres Ríos, Public (1)|
|Redwood||Konten State, Public (1)|
|1||City-State of Kitania||Public (1)|
|Miu Wan||Public (1)|
Eligibility for participation in the MRTvision Screenshot Contest requires that the city be ranked and have a flag.
- Beachview – On February 21, 2022, after being asked about their participation days earlier, DintyB stated that they would not participate in this contest. Beachview last participated in the ninth contest.
- Cape Cambridge – On February 18, 2022, when asked about his participation, PaintedBlue stated that they "haven't been motivated to do things on the MRT at the moment" and were not going to participate. Cape Cambridge last participated in the ninth contest.
- Carnoustie – On November 13, 2021, CaptainObi transferred Carnoustie to Needn_NL. On February 13, 2022, Needn_NL officially declared participation under Winterside. Thus, there was no representative for Carnoustie. Carnoustie last participated in the ninth contest.
- Cirno Bay – On February 13, 2022, chimata officially declared participation under the Konten State, which contained Cirno Bay. Thus, Cirno Bay was ineligible to compete. Cirno Bay last participated in the ninth contest.
- Creeperville – On February 19, 2022, two days after being about their participation, Frosty_Creeper10 stated that they would not participate. Creeperville last participated in the ninth contest.
- Essex – On February 18, 2022, when asked about their participation, _Ludus stated that they would not participate. Essex last participated in the ninth contest.
- Itavanga – On December 22, 2021, n04hr transferred Itavanga to frogggggg. On February 16, 2022, frogggggg officially declared participation under Titsensaki. Thus, there was no representative for Itavanga. Itavanga last participated in the ninth contest.
- Midbay – On February 13, 2022, Krakabraka officially declared participation under Idk. Thus, there was no representative for Midbay. Midbay last participated in the ninth contest.
- Murrville – On February 18, 2022, after being asked about their participation a day earlier, RacCort stated that they would not participate in this contest. The owner of the town, KittyCat11231, declared participation under the City-State of Kitania. Murrville last participated in the ninth contest.
- Musique – On February 17, 2022, when asked about their participation, Missa_Solemnis stated that they were uncertain whether they would participate as they were "in the midst of a rather intense semester". They failed to confirm provisional interest by the deadline. Musique last participated in the ninth contest.
- Oparia – On February 19, 2022, kyyl_ stated that they would not participate in this contest. Oparia last participated in the ninth contest.
- Richville – On February 18, 2022, when asked about his participation, woorich999 noted that they were busy with school and would not participate. Richville last participated in the seventh contest.
- Shenghua – On February 25, 2022, mi_aquamarine stated publicly that they "probably won't be able to make it" as their computer with Minecraft broke. A day later, mi_aquamarine publicly stated that they would wait until the next contest. Shenghua last participated in the ninth contest.
- Silverville – On November 3, 2021, CyAmethyst left the server. Since then, the town was transferred to N04hr, Skelezomperman, and then to LondonThameslink. LondonThameslink has noted that if they were to partake, it would be under Hendon. Silverville last participated in the ninth contest.
- Totem Beach – On November 3, 2021, crimsonf0x was banned and the town was transferred to DintyB two days later. On February 21, 2022, after being asked about their participation days earlier, DintyB stated that they would not participate in this contest. Totem Beach last participated in the ninth contest.
- Utopia – On February 18, 2022, when asked about their participation, Narnia17 stated that they would not participate in this contest. Utopia last participated in the ninth contest.
- Wazamawazi – On November 3, 2021, autobus22 was banned and the town was transferred to AP_Red. As the winner of the prior contest, autobus22 was planned to be invited to participate as a special exception, despite him being banned. When the event funding proposal was sent to the staff meeting, Frumple noted that: "Banned players have never been allowed to participate in events, and I'm not willing to make a special exception in this case. Therefore, autobus will not be invited to participate in this event." AP_Red noted that if they were to partake, it would be under Ellerton Fosby. Wazamawazi last participated in the ninth contest.
- Winterville – On November 3, 2021, _fwis transferred Winterville to underscorepie. underscorepie failed to confirm provisional interest by the deadline. Winterville last participated in the ninth contest.
The following city participated in the previous contest, but did not make any statement about the contest and did not confirm provisional participation by the deadline:
- Voting for the final was set to close on March 18, 2022, but closed a day earlier as all of the votes were submitted.
- Although the city bid with the slogan "World's Eye View", "Efflorescent Quaintness" was announced as the selected slogan.
- time2makemymove did not submit a slogan for his bid.